blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 05:56 pm
@McGentrix,
And that's only on this site.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 05:57 pm
@blatham,
He is such a thin skinned coward, he got to have to have his fans at all times. I honestly don't get why anybody likes this guy.
cicerone imposter

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Not more tiring than your support of a bigot, liar and scammer.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:08 pm
@revelette1,
That is indeed an interesting question, rev.

A big part of the answer is that some percentage of any population respond positively to an authoritarian (188) figure. They are most comfortable being led by a father-figure. Celebrity worship is likely an aspect of this tendency. Past that, it's the influence of right wing misinformation.
blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:10 pm
I see that Senate Republicans have voted to expand gun access for the mentally impaired. Such a great idea. That will keep Americans safe.
McGentrix

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:12 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

That is indeed an interesting question, rev.

A big part of the answer is that some percentage of any population respond positively to an authoritarian (188) figure. They are most comfortable being led by a father-figure. Celebrity worship is likely an aspect of this tendency. Past that, it's the influence of right wing misinformation.

Be careful Revelette. Don't fall into the trap of the constant stream of liberal pablum that Bernie spews on A2K like so much fertilizer. It's just Canadian misinformation.
McGentrix

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:14 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I see that Senate Republicans have voted to expand gun access for the mentally impaired. Such a great idea. That will keep Americans safe.

Everything is simple in Canada.

Quote:
"If a specific individual is likely to be violent due to the nature of their mental illness, then the government should have to prove it," Grassley said, according to the news service.

The NRA and the American Civil Liberties Unionalso opposed Obama's rule — the NRA for its restrictions on the Second Amendment, the ACLU for the possibility it would stereotype the mentally ill as violent.
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:15 pm
@Baldimo,
You guys say that about every right of center candidate. "IT'S ONLY FOR THE RICH, IT'S GOING TO SCREW THE LITTLE GUY". It really does get tiring.
@@@@@@@@@

Why does it get tiring? You are under the impression, badly mistaken, that Trump is going to lead you all from this darkness. The swamp Trump described wasn't simply one occupied by Dem alligators.
blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:15 pm
Quote:
Nearly a month into his presidency, Donald Trump is failing by practically every metric. His White House is facing a deeply serious scandal; his National Security Advisor has been forced out; members of his campaign team are facing a counter-espionage investigation; and polls show the American mainstream rejecting what they're seeing out of the West Wing.

The result is something of a test for the new president. How does Trump respond under pressure? Can he show grace under fire?

...So far, it’s not going well.
Quote:
President Donald Trump blamed “conspiracy theories and blind hatred” — and an attempt to “cover-up” for Hillary Clinton’s failed presidential campaign — in a series of tweets Wednesday morning as he tried to distance himself from any links to Russia.

Trump tweeted that the “fake news media is going crazy with their conspiracy theories and blind hatred,” and added that “this Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton’s losing campaign.”
Benen
I just adore that "conspiracy theories" coming from Trump, guest of and information-consumer of InfoWars.

cicerone imposter

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:20 pm
@blatham,
He's still fighting his battle on the election he's already won. He seems too easily diverted from the important issues facing our country. He continues to repeat history about history.
blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:21 pm
@McGentrix,
Let me offer you up an intellectual challenge. Take some time and care and do some reading (not much, really) and work out what authoritarianism actually looks like in governance. How will it be apparent? What phenomena do you look for? What examples can you identify that match up to what your research suggests?

If you set to such a relatively small project and do it with integrity, we could go from there. What do you say?
camlok

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:21 pm
@McGentrix,
The predilection towards irrelevancy, pointed out by blatham, must be highly infectious among Trump followers.
blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He's still fighting his battle on the election he's already won.

It's totally bizarre.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:26 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 dropping in for a contentless motivational speech:

"Stay the course. Ignore any criticism. Don't respond to anything. All of this is completely normal."

Oh, but it did have content. The content is that the left will keep on trying to manufacture crises, so why even pay attention? We have the votes, so why empower their efforts to stir things up? On the whole the best course of action for conservatives now is just to say, "Think what you like." The constant accusations and name calling from the left will just be some kind of background buzzing sound.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:30 pm
How could you not love this man and hold him as a quintessential Lincoln-style American
Quote:
Congressman [Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA)] says constituents asking for a town hall are ‘enemies’ of democracy
He also accused them of “political thuggery.”
ThinkProgress
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:39 pm
@Baldimo,
"Why not, if people are already paying a certain price and are willing to pay a higher price for the same thing, why not raise the price. It's not like he is selling medicine..."
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it's not medicine, it's the President of the USA using his office to enrich his swamp, the one that he doesn't want to "cleanup", it's the one he wants to "rake in".
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:40 pm
@blatham,
I'm quite taken with it.

I've looked at the stats of who people shoot and I'm all for freer gun access in the US.
blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:40 pm
There are so many reasons I like and trust this man. A real populist.
Quote:
“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told a reporter in 2015. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off… You don’t have time to take time off.”
ThinkProgress
And now he's off for his 3rd consecutive weekend at Mar a Lago where he gets to hang with real Americans, those "I love the uneducated" folks who fork over $200,000 each for membership there (it was $100,000 last month but he jacked it up double now).
camlok

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:41 pm
@McGentrix,
Again, nothing to substantiate your position. And the funny thing is, not to a conservative of course, is that you are not bothered by it in the least.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 15 Feb, 2017 06:42 pm
@ehBeth,
I think all we Malthusians are in favor.
0 Replies