monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 08:51 am
@MontereyJack,
excellent point. Its just thhat we should prepare the US ARMY to uphold the US Constitution because it appears that this guy wont be relinquishing his seat as he loses. He is bound an determined to steal the election like the fascist pig he is.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 10:14 am
@farmerman,
It would be a monstrous event, a scenario familiar from autocracies: a head of government does not acknowledge an electoral defeat, clings to his office - with uncertain consequences for the country. In the USA, of all countries, with its long democratic tradition, this threatens to happen soon. At least, President Donald Trump is always flirting with the idea of not wanting to voluntarily vacate the White House in case of a defeat in the November elections.

At a press conference yesterday, Wednesday, Trump refused to guarantee a peaceful handover of government power.

But now, McConnell said regardless of who wins the 3 November presidential election, there will be a peaceful inauguration on 20 January.
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/g6kKD2r.jpg

Other Republican lawmakers, including vocal Trump ally Senator Lindsey Graham, have similarly promised a safe and fair election.
Senator Mitt Romney offered a more critical response on Wednesday, saying "any suggestion that a president might not respect this Constitutional guarantee is both unthinkable and unacceptable".
blatham

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 10:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The only thing missing in McConnell's tweet is a concluding sentence... "Trust me, for I love democracy more than power".
oralloy

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 10:53 am
https://cdn.creators.com/1054/249387/249387_image.jpg
farmerman

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 11:04 am
@oralloy,
boy, that blogger cartoonist has got neither a clue nor a close association with the facts.
coldjoint

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 11:05 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

The only thing missing in McConnell's tweet is a concluding sentence... "Trust me, for I love democracy more than power".

The other thing missing is Obama's spying on the President- elect in the last transition of power. The first time the transition was not orderly or honest.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 11:07 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

boy, that blogger cartoonist has got neither a clue nor a close association with the facts.

The cartoon shows Trump supporters are victims of Leftist violence, which is true.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 11:08 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
like the fascist pig he is.

One more time, what fascist things has he done?
coldjoint

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 11:55 am
Quote:
CNN’s Chris Cuomo Lies About Key Evidence In Breonna Taylor Case

A grand jury is a jury of your piers. They found no evidence that the raid or the actions of two of the police officers were illegal. They found evidence to charge one officer with wanton endangerment. These are the decisions of our legal system.
Quote:
CNN’s Chris Cuomo blatantly lied to his audience on “Cuomo Prime Time” Wednesday night about ballistic evidence central to the decision made in the Breonna Taylor case earlier that day.

According to Cuomo, it was “unclear” if one of the cops was shot by Taylor’s boyfriend or his own officers.

Wrong.
Quote:
“In addition to all the testimony, the ballistics report shows that the round that struck Sergeant Mattingly was fired from a nine-millimeter handgun. The LMPD officers fired 40 caliber handguns,” Cameron explained.

It is bad enough when people want the law to take color into consideration when the actions of the police would have been the same if the raid was on Whites or Hispanics. That is not justice, it is injustice.

The crime here is the two police officers being shot because some assholes will not accept the laws as they are written. Attempted murder is how they seek to change the laws?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/24/cnns-chris-cuomo-lies-about-key-evidence-in-breonna-taylor-case/#.X2y3vqcqX8k.twitter
farmerman

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 12:30 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
A grand jury is a jury of your piers
solid and upright eh?

coldjoint

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 12:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
A grand jury is a jury of your piers
solid and upright eh?

They were good enough for Mueller.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 12:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
what fascist things has he done?

That what they said in Italy until they could no longer disagree with him or became part of his "enemies". He too disliked
""experts".
Youd fit right in because you want to outlaw Dems , and everything is there just to back up Il Duceump
Walter Hinteler

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 12:40 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
A grand jury is a jury of your piers.
British English differs between the naval/maritim term "pier" and the social science concept of "peers".

But nevertheless, according to the Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts' website, grand jurys are representative of the population.

coldjoint

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 12:42 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
what fascist things has he done?

That what they said in Italy until they could no longer disagree with him or became part of his "enemies". He too disliked
""experts".
Youd fit right in because you want to outlaw Dems , and everything is there just to back up Il Duceump

I have told you I never said that, now I am going to tell you again. I never said that.

What is this Italy crap? Everyone in the media disagrees and writes horrible lies about him everyday. He has done nothing but call them out on their lies. He has used no force or coercion. You only call him a fascist because Democrats are the fascists.
coldjoint

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 12:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

coldjoint wrote:
A grand jury is a jury of your piers.
British English differs between the naval/maritim term "pier" and the social science concept of "peers".

But nevertheless, according to the Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts' website, grand jurys are representative of the population.

So sorry. I am on my way to time-out right now. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 01:02 pm
@coldjoint,
youve failed to even once repudiate Ollie for his requests to use violence in dealing with the Democratic party. Your continued silence on his demand , to me, presumes tacit approval.

Then you have the brass balls to claim that you stand for upholding the Constitution??? You see how phony and anti American you really sound.??

oralloy

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 01:07 pm
@farmerman,
I've never once called for violence against the Democratic Party and you cannot provide any examples of me calling for such.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 01:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

That is incorrect. He depicts you quite accurately. He really nails the way you refuse to accept election results and the way you falsely accuse conservatives of being like you.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 01:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

youve failed to even once repudiate Ollie for his requests to use violence in dealing with the Democratic party. Your continued silence on his demand , to me, presumes tacit approval.

Then you have the brass balls to claim that you stand for upholding the Constitution??? You see how phony and anti American you really sound.??

Sounds like I could be impeached. My guilt does not rest on your opinion. And your conditions to arrive at that conclusion are also bullshit.

Now what have I said that does not support the Constitution? Again you are calling me what the side you are on is. It is projection and it is falling flat. Here and in the real world you are so out of touch with.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Thu 24 Sep, 2020 01:53 pm
Over the weekend, Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.

In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our country.

“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.”

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.”

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale."

"And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office." (borrowed this) 🇺🇸 🗽 🌎