monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frank Apisa

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 08:01 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

Linguistically, does "one-armed hanger" decrive from "one-armed bandit"?

No, not at all. A one-armed bandit is a slot machine:
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.libertygames.co.uk%2Fimages%2F1%2Fproducts%2F3799_mills-golden-nugget-bandit.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
A "one-armed hanger" refers to hanging wallpaper, a challenging-enough job for people with two arms:
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F3.imimg.com%2Fdata3%2FQF%2FNT%2FMY-11100503%2Fwallpaper-installation-services-250x250.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Here in New Jersey, we often add "with the crabs" to that "busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger."
0 Replies

snood

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

But Frank, doesn't that mean you choose to spend social time with people who are insane or terminally stupid (or both)?

We're golfers.

That is a given.

Sorry, but they support a ghoul who’s killing the earth, oppressing POC and immigrants, and basically taking a daily dump on everything decent. You condemn Trump supporters online, but in your private life they get a pass- because they golf with you?

It’s an ugly, inconvenient thing, but Trump’s presidency understandably made a lot of people of conscience make hard decisions about who they draw into, and out of their circles.

I don’t understand it when people I know try to tell me that their support of this evil, poisonous regime “shouldn’t affect our friendship”.

Again, sorry but in my opinion if your relationships with Trump supporters went on, unchanged from before he came down that escalator until now, then you’re
just talking **** here.

I thank you for your opinion about me, Snood, even though I think you are full of ****.

You’re the one full of ****. Talk tough against Trump supporters online and then pal around with them in real life. Your comfy agreement to not talk about
anything uncomfortable makes you complicit in everything they support.

It’s the exact same difference between being ‘against racism’ and actually being anti-racist. If you’re real, you take a ******* stand and tell people that what they are doing (complicity or implicitly) is wrong.

It’s the exact same thing that allows bad cops to go blithely on about their business of breaking black bodies. Their “good cop” buddies just don’t talk about anything uncomfortable to them, or call them out on it.

Between the two of us, on this particular piece, you’re the one full of ****.
justaguy2

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:45 am
@snood,
That's exactly why your country's politics are so toxic, and why your country is so screwed up. Because it's the "you are either with me, or you are the enemy!" attitude, which doesn't promote unity, in fact it promotes quite the opposite. Just because trump is a moron, that doesn't mean anyone who is friends with one of his supporters is also a moron.

A former landlord of mine, who I also lived with in the beginning supports the right-wing liberal party here, who I don't like one bit (I'm not a great fan of the labor party here either for that matter), but he was one of the nicest people I've ever known. I can clearly remember him even saying to me "you do the right thing by me, so I've gotta do the right thing by you". He goes to their functions as a grassroots member of the liberal party too.

So why tar everyone with the same brush snood? That's just silly and pointless. Get real.
farmerman

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:06 am
@justaguy2,
Im afraid weve invented our own doom by youre observation.

UNLESS, as many have said, several participants may be paid trolls and really dont reflect our supposed credo
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:25 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

But Frank, doesn't that mean you choose to spend social time with people who are insane or terminally stupid (or both)?

We're golfers.

That is a given.

Sorry, but they support a ghoul who’s killing the earth, oppressing POC and immigrants, and basically taking a daily dump on everything decent. You condemn Trump supporters online, but in your private life they get a pass- because they golf with you?

It’s an ugly, inconvenient thing, but Trump’s presidency understandably made a lot of people of conscience make hard decisions about who they draw into, and out of their circles.

I don’t understand it when people I know try to tell me that their support of this evil, poisonous regime “shouldn’t affect our friendship”.

Again, sorry but in my opinion if your relationships with Trump supporters went on, unchanged from before he came down that escalator until now, then you’re
just talking **** here.

I thank you for your opinion about me, Snood, even though I think you are full of ****.

You’re the one full of ****. Talk tough against Trump supporters online and then pal around with them in real life. Your comfy agreement to not talk about

It’s the exact same difference between being ‘against racism’ and actually being anti-racist. If you’re real, you take a ******* stand and tell people that what they are doing (complicity or implicitly) is wrong.

It’s the exact same thing that allows bad cops to go blithely on about their business of breaking black bodies. Their “good cop” buddies just don’t talk about anything uncomfortable to them, or call them out on it.

I thank you for your further opinions of me, Snood...even though I continue to think you are totally full of ****.
oralloy

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
You know, I can't even tell what you two are arguing about.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:37 am
Quote:
Besides 22 Wiped Devices, 44 Mueller Team iPhones Had Zero Records

No obstruction of justice there. This is like admitting guilt. And destroying records the government should have is a crime. These people need to be punished not defended by a corrupt media and corrupt politicians.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mueller-team-records-failures-extend-far-beyond-wiped-iphones_3504443.html
glitterbag

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:56 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

You know, I can't even tell what you two are arguing about.

Oh come on now, use that gigantic IQ ....... if you can.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:03 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Besides 22 Wiped Devices, 44 Mueller Team iPhones Had Zero Records

No obstruction of justice there. This is like admitting guilt. And destroying records the government should have is a crime. These people need to be punished not defended by a corrupt media and corrupt politicians.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mueller-team-records-failures-extend-far-beyond-wiped-iphones_3504443.html

Bravo......... Epoch Times....... That's as reliable as as as.....as.......as...oh hell, it's just another propaganda tool aimed at the gullible.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:16 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Bravo......... Epoch Times....... That's as reliable as as as.....as.......as...oh hell, it's just another propaganda tool aimed at the gullible.

Then simply debunk their claim. It seems to be pretty easy to see if a phone or device has been wiped and even easier to count them. It is a fact and as I said before a clear case of obstruction and destroying government records.

I await any source that says the number is different.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

We're golfers.

That is a given.

just talking **** here.

I thank you for your further opinions of me, Snood...even though I continue to think you are totally full of ****.

Yeah I understand. What could anyone really say to defend being pals with a bunch of Trumpers?
coldjoint

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:17 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Yeah I understand. What could anyone really say to defend being pals with a bunch of Trumpers?

I guess he could say his friends are more important than politics.
snood

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:23 pm
There ya go, Frank. You know you’re in the right if coldjoint’s defending you.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:31 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

There ya go, Frank. You know you’re in the right if coldjoint’s defending you.

I would defend anyone who puts friendship over politics, even you. RBG did it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:33 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

I guess you could say that politics is more important to you than rational questioning. Religion might be based on unquestioning faith, Politics is not supposed to be blind obedience to a cause......that's stupid zealotry. That's when you give up your ability to think and hand it over to another so they can think and make decisions for you.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:40 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

I guess you could say that politics is more important to you than rational questioning. Religion might be based on unquestioning faith, Politics is not supposed to be blind obedience to a cause......that's stupid zealotry. That's when you give up your ability to think and hand it over to another so they can think and make decisions for you.

You are describing your political stance, not mine. I have tried explain projection of your faults onto others is not working. Find anything to debunk the Epoch Times yet?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:49 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

snood wrote:

We're golfers.

That is a given.

just talking **** here.

I could say...what I actually said. And thank you for sharing your opinion of me...even though I think you are full of ****.

Which I have done...and now do again.

Thank you for sharing your opinion of me, Snood...but I still think you are full of ****.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 01:31 pm
Quote:

This exchange saddens me. Well maybe that's an exaggeration, but I find it troubling. Well maybe that's an exaggeration, too. Look, I don't know you guys but I respect you both and I think Snood should cut Frank a little slack here. I think Frank's saying that the only time he spends with these people is on the golf course. Playing golf with a person isn't really like having a close friendship with someone. I've heard of ballplayers who practically hated each other off the diamond but managed to overcome their personal feelings and work together on the field. I don't think it's healthy to live life as 'all politics all the time'.
RABEL222

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 01:48 pm
@hightor,
I'm sure Cj and Ollie are having the time of their life thanks to Frank and Snood.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 01:51 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I'm sure Cj and Ollie are having the time of their life thanks to Frank and Snood.

You think we enjoy pettiness? Wrong again.
0 Replies