monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 06:06 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Prepared to hear all about Hunter Biden, and how his father got him a "job" he didn't have to work for, as part of a money-laundering scam that the prez and his SoS were party to?

Gee, that sounds disturbing. If it's true, I'm definitely not going to vote for Hunter Biden. And if it's not true, I'm still definitely not going to vote for Hunter Biden.
Builder

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 06:31 am
@hightor,
Quote:
If it's true, I'm definitely not going to vote.....

That's all we need to know.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 07:34 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Quote:
If it's true, I'm definitely not going to vote.....
That's all we need to know.
Do you know of anybody who is going to vote for Hunter Biden?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 08:06 am
Trump 'offered Julian Assange pardon in return for Democrat hacking source'
Quote:
WikiLeaks founder was asked to reveal source for emails damaging to Hillary Clinton, court told

Donald Trump offered to pardon Julian Assange if the WikiLeaks founder provided the source for the hacking of Democratic National Committee emails before the 2016 US presidential election, a London court was told on Friday.

Assange’s lawyer, Jennifer Robinson, said she observed a meeting where the former Republican US representative Dana Rohrabacher and Charles Johnson, an associate known to have close ties to the Trump campaign, made the offer in 2017.

Robinson said Assange was told that Trump approved of the meeting and that Rohrabacher would later meet with the president to discuss the reaction to the proposed deal.

She said the deal was presented to Assange as a “win-win” solution that would allow him “to get on with his life” and in return would also politically benefit Trump.

“The proposal put forward by Congressman Rohrabacher was that Mr Assange identify the source for the 2016 election publications in return for some form of pardon,” Robinson said in a witness statement given to the court.
coldjoint

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 10:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Democracy is in peril ...

... ahead of this year’s US election. Donald Trump is busy running the largest misinformation campaign in history as he questions the legitimacy of voting by mail, a method that will be crucial to Americans casting their vote in a pandemic. Meanwhile, the president has also appointed a new head of the US Postal Service who has stripped it of resources, undermining its ability to fulfill a crucial role in processing votes.

This little piece of propaganda at the end of your article is a nice touch.

Many people would the Guardian is part of a misinformation campaign, and I am one of them.
Brandon9000

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Democracy is defined as a system of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them through periodically held free elections.
The USA being 25th in the last ranking (2019) of the state of democracy in 167 countries.

Off topic. I asked what Trump has done to threaten democracy.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:04 am
@coldjoint,
It is not "my article" but I quoted a report by Peter Beaumont.

That linked report doesn't include your quote.

But what should I expect from someone like you, when quotations are so wrongly, but in addition so clumsy, forged?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:05 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Democracy is defined as a system of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them through periodically held free elections.
The USA being 25th in the last ranking (2019) of the state of democracy in 167 countries.

Off topic. I asked what Trump has done to threaten democracy.
Sorry! I wrongly read that you defined democracy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Donald Trump offered to pardon Julian Assange if the WikiLeaks founder provided the source for the hacking of Democratic National Committee emails before the 2016 US presidential election, a London court was told on Friday.

Interesting move. If they lure him out of hiding, the CIA can throw him down an elevator shaft.
coldjoint

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

It is not "my article" but I quoted a report by Peter Beaumont.

That linked report doesn't include your quote.

But what should I expect from someone like you, when quotations are so wrongly, but in addition so clumsy, forged?

Sorry Walter. It is at the bottom of your article, not part of it, but it is still globalist propaganda.
Quote:
But what should I expect from someone like you,

News flash: what you expect means nothing to me. What I expect from you does.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:19 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Interesting move. If they lure him out of hiding, the CIA can throw him down an elevator shaft.
Well, I'm not sure if there are elevators in HM Prison Belmarsh, but the Central Criminal Court building (The Old Bailey) got new lifts three years ago.
oralloy

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Ideally Snowden should drunkenly stumble through malfunctioning elevator doors at least 50 floors up.

Although if the CIA chooses a lower floor I'm sure they know what they are doing.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:29 am
@oralloy,
I think, Snowden is still in Russia, no?
oralloy

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
As far as I know.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:39 am
@oralloy,
I just wonder why you mention him now after you wrote that the CIA could throw Assange down an elevator shaft.

Starting a list of persons to be liquidated by the CIA?
oralloy

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Sorry. I misread. I thought the article about the pardon offer was referring to Snowden.

Assange should be extradited to Sweden to be prosecuted for raping all those women.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:57 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Sorry. I misread. I thought the article about the pardon offer was referring to Snowden.

No problem. It easily could happen.
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/YGOH0Gp.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 12:26 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Assange should be extradited to Sweden to be prosecuted for raping all those women.
How? Swedish prosecutors have dropped the rape investigation into Julian Assange last year.

And this August, Swedish prosecutors conceded the evidence to indict Assange on a sex offence, "is not strong enough".
"After conducting a comprehensive assessment of what has emerged during the course of the preliminary investigation I then make the assessment that the evidence is not strong enough to form the basis for filing an indictment," Deputy Chief Prosecutor Eva-Marie Persson told reporters.
Sveriges Radio
coldjoint

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 12:31 pm
https://i.imgflip.com/3sptcz.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 12:45 pm
The pollsters of Pew Research asked Americans who they supported in the 2020 contest, Trump or former vice president Joe Biden, and then how many of their friends supported either the same candidate or the other.

Nearly 9-in-10 Trump and Biden supporters said that a lot or some of their friends supported the same candidate as they did. About three-quarters said that they knew at most a few people who supported the candidate that they didn’t — and about 40 percent of each group knew no one at all who supported the other candidate.

Pew Research: Few Trump or Biden supporters have close friends who back the opposing candidate