monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:39 am
@MontereyJack,
other than that they are factual, perhaps.
We were watching Hannity totally distort the Trump's position about "not panicking people". (Im also sure that is how Stalin thought about human life)
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 06:53 am

Alexander Vindman: Trump Is Putin’s ‘Useful Idiot’

In his first interview, a key witness in the impeachment trial says Trump goes out of his way to try to please the Russian president.

Quote:
1. On whether Trump is a Russian-intelligence asset:

“President Trump should be considered to be a useful idiot … an unwitting agent of Putin.”

2. On whether Russia is blackmailing Trump:

“They may or may not have dirt on him, but they don’t have to use it.”

Vindman continues:

“In the Army, we call this ‘free chicken,’ something you don’t have to work for—it just comes to you. This is what the Russians have in Trump: free chicken.”

3. On the end of his Army career:

It was “destroyed” by the president, he says. “I’m not crying over spilled milk. I have other things to do.”

the atlantic/goldberg

Frank Apisa

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 07:10 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Alexander Vindman: Trump Is Putin’s ‘Useful Idiot’

In his first interview, a key witness in the impeachment trial says Trump goes out of his way to try to please the Russian president.

Quote:
1. On whether Trump is a Russian-intelligence asset:

“President Trump should be considered to be a useful idiot … an unwitting agent of Putin.”

2. On whether Russia is blackmailing Trump:

“They may or may not have dirt on him, but they don’t have to use it.”

Vindman continues:

“In the Army, we call this ‘free chicken,’ something you don’t have to work for—it just comes to you. This is what the Russians have in Trump: free chicken.”

3. On the end of his Army career:

It was “destroyed” by the president, he says. “I’m not crying over spilled milk. I have other things to do.”

the atlantic/goldberg

Vindman, a Russian immigrant, is a greater American patriot than Trump or his supporters will ever be. We will need more people like Vindman in the coming days. Trump is on course to destroy our Republic...and his supporters are on course to help him.

0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 07:43 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the NAZI wanna-bes are already gathering around trump. Not surprising.

Godwin's Law! Mr. Trump just keeps on winning.

Now onward to victory in November.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 07:50 am
@oralloy,
You've just proved you don't.
MontereyJack

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 07:55 am
@oralloy,
Your "reality" is purely your own opinion. Facts rarely enter into it. And again you argue from ignorance. You know very little about the vast majority of things you post about, but you regard the knowledge of anyone who does actually know something about them as a logical fallacy. Which is a logical fallacy .
bobsal u1553115

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 07:56 am
@lmur,
Quote:
Hmmmm. Accident...or design?

Irresistible impulse.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 07:57 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your "reality" is purely your own opinion. Facts rarely enter into it.

There is only one reality.

Reality is not an opinion no matter how much you wish it was.

Reality and facts go hand-in-hand.

MontereyJack wrote:
And again you argue from ignorance. You know very little about the vast majority of things you post about,

I am very well informed about everything that I talk about. That is why you've never once been able to point out an untrue statement in my posts.

MontereyJack wrote:
but you regard the knowledge of anyone who does actually know something about them as a logical fallacy. Which is a logical fallacy.

You cannot provide an example of a logical fallacy in any of my arguments.

Your equating of authority with knowledge is pretty absurd.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 08:04 am
@Builder,

They judge found enough evidence of his illegal status to temporarily stayed his official powers until there was a ruling either way.

That's how we do it here: one files for court order, the judge issue a temporary order until there's been a hearing. We don't just "pick one", that what the "due process clauses" of the fourth and fourteenth amendments are about. Look it up. There's more to the Bill of Rights than the second amendment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 08:06 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You've just proved you don't.

Wrong again. Unlike progressives, I defend my beliefs with facts and logic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 08:08 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
Time of Linguistics:
Quote:
Laying blame and stirring controversy isn’t productive for someone eager to influence policy, Eubank says, citing National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci’s aversion to publicly discussing his relationship with the Trump administration. Of course, Eubank adds, Fauci has decades of experience threading this needle. But Rivers understands it too, and is holding her own just a few years out of grad school.

Source: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/fight-covid-19-young-epidemiologist-bridges-gulf-between-science-and-us-politics

Does "holding her own" mean "holding her own opinion"? Or does it mean "holding her own experience"?

Neither. It's an idiom that means to survive (or even thrive) in a difficult environment.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/hold-your-own

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-thesaurus/hold-your-own
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 08:09 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Stop posting bullshit. Problem solved.

He posts aren't BS.

And his posts are not the cause of illegal downvotes in any case.

Progressives are the cause of illegal voting.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 09:20 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
At the bottom of every page there is a "Contact Us" function. I have contacted the moderators 3 times in 3 days. It says they will respond shortly. I have yet to hear from them. They could confirm the votes are from different people and tell me. Or they could see an array of socks at the same IP address or at emails that do not exist anymore. Why am I getting no reply?

Why are you getting no reply? Well, there are at least a couple of reasons for that, that should be obvious... let's start with IP addresses first; The same IP address is not a particularly useful guide in confirming it's the same person posting from different A2K accounts, as much as you might think it is. The reason you think it is, is because you really don't have a clue when it comes to IP networking. Now let's suppose two different people using two different accounts both post from the same internet connection, like for example the same public library, or indeed wifi access point. Well, the same ISP is providing that internet connection, and it's the same account with that same ISP. What does that mean? You get the same public IP address, but two different people are using that same internet connection. Therefore, all the admins at A2K would be able to call a fact is that the same internet connection is being used, that however ***does not prove*** it's one of the same person using two different A2K accounts, and therefore, the site admins would have no way to know one way or the other if it's the same person, or two different people using the same internet connection. IP addresses are used to find someone's physical location, Google does this, and that is reliable unless they are using something like tor or a VPN (which is why one would use either of those two things). So that's the first problem you have.

The second problem you have is that; anyone here has a right to downvote any post here as much as you do, therefore the mods and admins aren't here to find out who is downvoting you, and that isn't their concern in any way. As they are likely not getting paid to mod this forum and do it in a volunteer capacity, not as paid employment. Another potential problem for you is that, and depending on the forum software being used here at A2K, there may be no way for any of the mods to be able to know who exactly has up voted or downvoted a particular post(s).

FWIW, while there are a few accounts I have my suspicions about here; I'd be willing to bet that all of the recent posters in this thread (say at least the last three or four pages of this thread) are in fact different people.

So it really boils down to this:

MontereyJack wrote:
Stop posting bullshit. Problem solved.

...sorry to have to say pinky.

PS: While I don't follow every thread here (or likely even just half of them), you can count me as someone who has downvoted you many times for the same reason quoted.
oralloy

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 09:28 am
@justaguy2,
justaguy2 wrote:
The second problem you have is that; anyone here has a right to downvote any post here as much as you do, therefore the mods and admins aren't here to find out who is downvoting you, and that isn't their concern in any way.

Wrong again. Everyone is supposed to have only one vote. Voting posts down multiple times is very much against the rules.

I know you don't think the rules apply to you. But that doesn't mean you aren't violating them.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 09:37 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I know you don't think the rules apply to you. But that doesn't mean you aren't violating them.

Something you might take to heart.
oralloy

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 09:52 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Everyone is supposed to have only one vote. Voting posts down multiple times is very much against the rules.

Something you might take to heart.

You are the one who is violating the rules here, not me.
0 Replies