monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

thebobeternal

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:20 pm
@coldjoint,
Why do you so vehemently support a president who dog whistles to white supremacy groups?
RABEL222

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:22 pm
@thebobeternal,
Because he is a charter member of a racist white supremecist group.
thebobeternal

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:30 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Because he is a charter member of a racist white supremecist group.

Is he a KKK member?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 05:34 pm
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:

Why do you so vehemently support a president who dog whistles to white supremacy groups?

Because that is bullshit. It is a narrative that has been used on every Republican for quite a while. And do you know dogs hear dog whistles? Trump has done too much for the Black community to make that crap stick.

If that is you got, you got nothing.
thebobeternal

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 05:51 pm
@coldjoint,
Do you believe that black lives matter?

Yes, or no?
coldjoint

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 06:23 pm
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:

Do you believe that black lives matter?

Yes, or no?

Tell someone else how to answer a question. I don't play that game.
0 Replies

Wilso

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 06:49 pm
@thebobeternal,
thebobeternal wrote:

Because he's a white supremacist.
coldjoint

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 06:54 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

thebobeternal wrote:

Because he's a white supremacist.

Please post in my own words something proving that. My posts are my profile page, every one of them. This is a lie made up about me because I strongly disagree with the majority here on almost everything concerning this country.

So I expect you to prove what you say. If you cannot, stop the name calling.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 08:33 pm
This short video is definitely worth a listen.

https://www.facebook.com/dr.zia.nix/videos/10157812363207804
Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 10:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Outstanding video.

When you get 11 thumbs down in twenty minutes, you know you're on the money, LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/dr.zia.nix/videos/10157812363207804
MontereyJack

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 11:06 pm
@Builder,
Well,he's never gonna win any prizes for knowing what he's talking about, since he doesn't. , He is good at regurgitating discredited unscientific loopy right wing talking points though. another case of far right GIGO/
Builder

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 11:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
How's about you dissect his comments, and tell us all where he's wrong.

That's how adult debate works.

Are you up for the challenge?

Or prefer to snipe from the stands, and throw mud?
MontereyJack

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 11:15 pm
@Builder,
Not gonna waste time when all you have to do is spend thirty seconds cutting and pasting the bullshit in. Why should i spend a couple hours dissecting the dreck you posted in a few thoughtless seconds?
snood

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 05:29 am
Trump Yesterday (9/10):
“We’re doing much better than Europe. I’ve shown you the numbers. We’ve rounded the final turn.”

Deaths from Covid yesterday:
USA - 1136
France - 30
Italy - 14
Germany - 3
Spain - (9/9) - 34
justaguy2

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 09:23 am
@RABEL222,
Yeah, trump would be the best Russian SVR agent Russia has ever had in America. And they don't even need to pay him, what a coup for Russia...

But at the end of the day, trump is a product of his environment, the same as everyone else is. He is also just a symptom of long standing problems that have never been properly addressed in the US of A. And neither the democrats nor the republicans are blameless, in both helping to create the problems, and not dealing with them properly. As I've said before on this forum, just electing yet another clown isn't going to solve anything. But in this case, and given how trump only does what's in his own political interests, then electing biden would be about the only hope of there being any chance of any meaningful action being taken towards solving any of those long standing problems. But just electing biden in itself isn't going to change jack ****, it would have to be followed by meaningful action. But given how divided the USA is right now, he would have his work cut out for him, and therefore it would take a lot to even just try and bring people together, let alone actually solve anything. But until those things actually happen, instead of just electing some other clown, then you would be just kidding yourselves of actually seeing any meaningful change for the better.

If you look at how divided the US of A is right now, it's hard to see either side winning in a landslide. Any reputable polling also will tell you that it's almost neck and neck. So I still say that anyone could win, and it's therefore impossible to say who will win. I would say maybe when it's gets a lot closer to election day that might become clearer, but I have my doubts even then. So I wouldn't count your chickens just yet if I were you. trump's not out of it yet anymore than biden is.

We have politicians like Pauline Hanson who is trump's biggest fan here, she will never be prime minister here. There would be no way someone like trump would ever be elected as the prime minister here in Australia. We have a "right wing" prime minister here, but even he has at least some limits and morals. There is no way someone who is a complete narcissist would be elected as PM here - at least not by the voting public anyway. While yes, there are people here who will always vote along party lines, there are also plenty of people that will vote for whoever they think cares most about them, and who won't destroy the economy. And if you slagged off the military here, or took a crack at the family's of elected politicians that haven't been elected to parliament, you'd pay for it at the next election, and possibly from your own party for that matter.

So it's time for America to wake up, but not holding my breath...
hightor

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 09:54 am
@justaguy2,
Quote:
But just electing biden in itself isn't going to change jack ****, it would have to be followed by meaningful action.

Yup. Even if he wins both houses of Congress the Democratic caucus isn't that unified. So it might look a bit like the first two years of Obama's presidency where his fractious party displayed such total ineptitude that they got thrown out in the midterms. And I agree that the race is neck and neck, especially when you add in the highly undemocratic feature of the Electoral College. This country, and the planet, are f*cked. So the choice is whether we're going to face up to the emerging societal and environmental crises and attempt to steer through perilous straits or don our red hats and just say the hell with it, full speed ahead.