monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

tsarstepan

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 03:06 pm
Head Of USPS Board Of Governors Is Also Director Of Mitch McConnell Super PAC
Quote:
A new corporate filing Monday has revealed that the chairman of the U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors is also listed as a director of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s $130 million super PAC, the Senate Leadership Fund.

The revelation about Chairman Robert “Mike” Duncan comes as Democrats are accusing President Donald Trump, the postmaster general and Republicans of sabotaging the Postal Service in an attempt to suppress mail-in voting, supposedly to tip the election in Trump’s favor. If that doesn’t work, critics say, Trump will point to any ballot delivery problems to challenge election result in the event of his loss.

Duncan previously served as general counsel and then chair of the Republican National Committee from 2002 to 2009, when the committee and its state counterparts supervised an unprecedented escalation of voter disenfranchisement efforts in swing states. One of the tactics was manipulating mail-in votes.

Duncan was also listed earlier this year as a director of American Crossroads, a super PAC that’s backing Trump in the 2020 election, according to CNBC.

Duncan, from Republican McConnell’s home state of Kentucky, was handpicked for his role by Trump. His board of governors in turn named Louis DeJoy, a prominent contributor to the Trump campaign, as postmaster general in June.

Most members of the Postal Service’s board of governors have numerous ties to the Republican Party as well as to Trump’s associates and administration, CNBC has reported.

Since he was named postmaster general, DeJoy has been dismantling Postal Service processes, causing major delivery delays. Hundreds of mail-sorting machines and letter collection boxes in several states have been disabled or taken out. DeJoy also announced a halt to overtime pay for letter carriers and a new limit on hours when mail can be delivered.

Amid the cutbacks, the USPS sent a letter to 46 states warning that voters could be disenfranchised because their mail-in ballots may not be delivered in time to meet deadlines.

Trump has all but admitted he is blocking a desperately needed infusion of funds to the cash-strapped Postal Service, knowing it will hamstring voting by mail.

The president has already declared, without any evidence, that the Nov. 3 election will be the “most corrupt” in U.S. history because of the anticipated wide use of mail-in ballots as voters try to avoid the risk of contracting COVID-19. Trump and first lady Melania Trump, however, voted by mail this month in the Florida primary.
coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 04:04 pm
https://comicallyincorrect.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/01-blowout-li-600-600x429.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 04:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
The president has already declared, without any evidence, that the Nov. 3 election will be the “most corrupt” in U.S. history because of the anticipated wide use of mail-in ballots as voters try to avoid the risk of contracting COVID-19. Trump and first lady Melania Trump, however, voted by mail this month in the Florida primary.

There is plenty of evidence, the networks and Democrats dismiss it and deny it exists. Smaller mail in elections are disasters. And a whistle blower just came out to let us know how crooked and fraudulent Democrats are.
coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 04:11 pm
Quote:
California reduces penalties for pedophilia with 'willing' kids

Progressives (Democrats) and pedophiles make quite a team. California would legalize pedophilia if it could.
https://www.wnd.com/2020/09/4850803/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium&utm_content=2020-09-03
coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 05:26 pm
Quote:
CUOMO’S WARNING: NY Gov Says Trump ‘Better Have an Army’ if He Comes Back to New York City

Now Democratic governors are threatening people? Does Cuomo realize it is not safe for anyone to walk around in NYC.
Quote:
At the end of his call, Cuomo, apparently sensing how his remarks about Trump could be seen as threatening, attempted to walk them back.

“My comment about the president and bodyguards in New York City, all I’m saying is that he is persona non grata in New York City. And I think he knows that. And he’ll never come back to New York, because New Yorkers will never forget how gratuitously mean he has been to New Yorkers and how many times he’s tried to kill the city that gave him his start and birthed him. That’s what I meant about the bodyguards.”

The coward eases up a bit.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/cuomo-trump-better-have-an-army-to-protect-him-if-he-comes-to-nyc/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
MontereyJack

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 05:46 pm
@coldjoint,
Clearly you've never splnt any time in NYC. I have. You're full of ****. So is Trump. Just stay in whatever pestilential red state hellhole you live in and stop dissing the rest of the country, because you're dumbass ignorant about it.
coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 06:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Clearly you've never splnt any time in NYC. I have. You're full of ****. So is Trump. Just stay in whatever pestilential red state hellhole you live in and stop dissing the rest of the country, because you're dumbass ignorant about it.

Clearly you did not hear about the guy who got shot dead holding his little girls hand or the attempted rape a few days ago at 11 in the morning at a train station.

I was in NY for the World's Fair in 1964. I was out in Time Square at night at the age of 9 with my 10 year old brother. Would a nine year survive there now?
MontereyJack

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:19 pm
@coldjoint,
Yes, as a matter of fact a 9 year old would. My two teenage nieces have lived their entire lives in manhattan and nothing bad has ever happened to them or their friends or ther]]ir co-pupils. They walk astounding distances (or nowadays take an uber). you listen to too much stormbird right wing media, which is all bullshit.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:28 pm
@coldjoint,
Nonsense. The crooks have been found to be repubs, as in N.C. GA just was accused of disenfranchising 200K voters wrongly, a large nimberof whom were peo[;e of color. the repubs are doing everything they can to li,mit voting, since as trump hasssaid, if more people vote, they think repubs will never win another election. unvarnished truth about repub appeal.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:31 pm
@coldjoint,
like the defacto practice of pedophilia by the conservative catholic clergy?
coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

like the defacto practice of pedophilia by the conservative catholic clergy?

And Bill Clinton?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:08 pm
Twitter time.
Quote:

@hollandcourtney
·
Sep 2
Holy crap.

Biden just said that Aaron “Jay” Danielson, the Trump supporter who was killed in Portland was there “inciting response”

Jay was walking on the street with a friend, targeted, and executed in cold blood by Antifa.

So the guy deserved it. Disagree and die in Biden's America.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:16 pm
https://www.libertynation.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/image-1.png
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:17 pm
https://www.libertynation.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/facebook_1598816540366_6705922610525670816.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:56 pm
Quote:
The Left and NeverTrumpers Justify Murder for Political Disagreement

Quote:
A writer for the Bulwark—the media organ of the capitalist wing of Antifa—chimed in even more disingenuously from the NeverTrump amen corner. After first baselessly accusing the Trump supporters of seeking to “instigate #war [sic] on the streets of Portland through attempted vehicular homicide,” he lets slip a few paragraphs later that the real instigation justifying the shooting was that they had the effrontery to go “parading through Portland with f–king Trump flags on their trucks.”

The operatives who write Joe Biden’s statements for him seemed to take a more responsible tack—until you look closely and see their fingers crossed behind their backs. The statement began promisingly by declaring that “the deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable,” condemning it “unequivocally,” and reciting eloquently, “We must not become a country at war with ourselves. A country that accepts the killing of fellow Americans who do not agree with you.”

But then in the next paragraph the Biden handlers, echoing Governor Brown and the Bulwark, accuse the Trump supporters of having brought the killing on themselves by “spoiling for a fight” and “seeking conflict”—by exercising their right to be on public streets claimed by the Left.

How can anyone here support these people? How about an answer from someone?
https://amgreatness.com/2020/09/02/the-left-and-nevertrumpers-justify-murder-for-political-disagreement/
0 Replies

coluber2001

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:25 pm
Retired general: Look for this in your next president
https://romancescamsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Lieutenant-General-Mark-Hertling-4.jpg

Retired Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling is a national security, intelligence and terrorism analyst for CNN. He served for 37 years in the Army, including three years in combat, and retired as commanding general of US Army Europe and the 7th Army. He is the author of "Growing Physician Leaders." He has provided input informally to the Biden campaign on issues of national security. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely his. View more opinion at CNN.

(CNN) — If you ask people who haven't served in uniform what it takes to be a great military leader, many would say "strength," "toughness" or "courage." People who have served -- and particularly those who have had the honor of commanding -- will tell you there's a lot more to it. Leaders -- military or otherwise -- need character, intellect, vision, humility and will.

Leaders also need empathy. In fact, this particular trait is discussed in detail in the publication "Army Leadership" and as recently as last year the topic was extensively addressed in one of the Army's professional journals.

The doctrinal definition of empathy is rather simple, describing the trait as "Identifying and understanding what others think, feel and believe."

I spent 21 of my 38-year military career in command positions, and this is one trait I've repeatedly observed in the best leaders. Good people are empathetic -- and, as a great sergeant I worked with once taught me, "The secret to being a good leader is to first be a good person."

America prizes leadership, but I fear our nation is losing its ability to empathize. We see this every day on television, on social media, in interpersonal exchanges. Assignment of derogatory nicknames, the trolling of individuals on social media, the lack of comity when debating competing ideas and a failure to show courtesy to those with different ideas about any specific subject are all examples of what we see on a daily basis, in a variety of forums.

And while I wouldn't blame President Donald Trump as the sole force making Americans less empathetic, his continuous example of poor behavior and caustic communication is certainly making matters far worse.

During my nearly four decades in uniform, I found empathy comes from compassion. It comes from understanding others and considering their point of view. It comes from exhibiting decency. Soldiers recognize this attribute in history's admirable commanders and they see it as a critical trait in those who succeed on the battlefield.

That's because to be a great commander, leaders must understand and care for their troops and their families. Leaders must listen to and address their subordinates' concerns. They must treat colleagues, advisers and members of their team with dignity and respect.

Commanders know that empathy establishes trust. They know research strongly indicates that when the "boss" shows empathy, others in the organization will do the same. An empathetic boss makes for an empathetic team, and empathetic teams are usually more successful.

Americans who entrust the military with their sons and daughters would not accept any Army leader -- of any rank -- who didn't pursue, listen to and incorporate information that benefits the troops and the mission. Americans expect a general to seek input from the soldiers on the front lines bearing the brunt of the fight. Americans would demand a general who ignored the health of his command -- or, worse yet, blamed shortcomings on others -- be court martialed.

Yet that is what we have in our current commander in chief. While many are disgusted by the President's name-calling, rude behavior, personal attacks, transactional approach and greed, as a former soldier who knows the power of teams I'm mostly concerned about what happens when the President doesn't show empathy in taking advice or dealing with others. This might partly explain some of the astronomically high turnover rate in his administration, and why at this point he cannot seem to attract qualified candidates for critical positions.

By supposedly "knowing more than the generals" (or doctors, intelligence community, judges, journalists, or any other experts), the President is not actively seeking, listening to or incorporating the information that would contribute to our nation's greater good.

By relying only on the input from his political base or from select, friendly media outlets while calling all other sources of information "fake," the President shows disdain for all other factions who must be part of the national dialogue regarding our democratic republic and our nation's strengths.

By making excuses, snubbing critical evidence and facts, and ignoring relevant intelligence -- especially intelligence indicating major threats to the safety of our fighting men and women -- the President flirts with becoming derelict in his duties under the Constitution.

Don't misunderstand: While the Constitution holds no call for the President to exhibit empathy in all engagements, by continuously blaming others for shortcomings and refusing to take responsibility, the President is violating this important leadership principle that contributes to effective governing.

Any military commander would lose the trust of his or her soldiers -- and the American people -- if they acted without empathy. Any commander would be relieved of his or her duties. I know. I have had to replace commanders who violate critical leadership principles and standards, and empathy is certainly one of those.

As a nation, we need to hold any commander in chief -- any elected leader -- to these same standards.
coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 09:32 pm
@coluber2001,

Quote:
Retired general: Look for this in your next president

A general emasculated by Obama, no thanks.
0 Replies

Wilso

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:15 pm
Wilso

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:19 pm
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:20 pm
@Wilso,
Nothing like propaganda. Too bad it is not going to work. Americans see the Democrats as un American and they will not vote for them. Minorities included.
0 Replies