monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 01:42 pm
Seems that Trump and his allies are totally dumbfounded after Biden’s selection of a strong running mate.
But somehow I can understand the white racists' fears, when they now have to rely on the suburban housewives: a recent poll conducted by NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist showed that 66 percent of suburban women disapproved of the job Trump is doing, with 58 percent saying they "strongly disapproved." (Source(
revelette1

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 02:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The only baggage Susan Rice carried is a manufactured baggage from the right wring republicans. But Biden don't need that. I would have rather Stacey Abrams, cause I just like the woman, but I am not against Harris. When she is not trying to be cute, she can go at them with the best of them. She killed Biden early on. Besides from what I read, it was a pretty rigorous criteria (right word?) they had to go through.
Builder

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 03:02 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
But Biden don't need that.

Yes, got enough baggage of his own to confront.

Dead man walking, is what I'm seeing.
coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 03:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Seems that Trump and his allies are totally dumbfounded after Biden’s selection of a strong running mate.

Strong? Are you kidding? She polled worse than Warren with Black voters, lost the California primary when she was running for the nomination. She flip flops on a level with Mitt Romney. She has a questionable past and jailed many Black people for non-violent crimes as AG in California and when she was the DA in San Francisco.

She is a phony and unlikable. Good luck.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 03:12 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
The only baggage Susan Rice carried is a manufactured baggage from the right wring republicans.

I see the right wing made her lie about a video causing the attack in Benghazi. The right wing also made her say Bergdhal, a traitor, served his country with distinction.

Get real. Laughing Laughing Laughing

0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 03:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

But somehow I can understand the white racists' fears, when they now have to rely on the suburban housewives: a recent poll conducted by NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist showed that 66 percent of suburban women disapproved of the job Trump is doing, with 58 percent saying they "strongly disapproved." (Source(

It's also tone deaf, women in the suburbs seldom refer to themselves as a 'housewife'......especially since so many work outside the home and don't aspire to live an Ozzie & Harriet fantasy.
coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It's also tone deaf, women in the suburbs seldom refer to themselves as a 'housewife'......especially since so many work outside the home and don't aspire to live an Ozzie & Harriet fantasy.

They will change their minds if crime keeps surging, because it will go to suburbs and children shot in their neighborhoods will not go over very well.
RABEL222

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:34 pm
@coldjoint,
if we can get all the republican crooked out of dc crime should go down by a bunch.
coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:35 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
if we can get all the republican crooked out of dc crime should go down by a bunch.

The crime is in the Democratic cities, including Washington DC. Republicans have nothing to do with it. Democrats are denying and enabling it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:43 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

They will change their minds if crime keeps surging, because it will go to suburbs and children shot in their neighborhoods will not go over very well.

Well of course, all us gals will yearn to stay home and mop the floors while wearing heels, and a dress and a tasteful string of pearls. Maybe no one knows yet, but crime is already in the suburbs......
coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:51 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Well of course, all us gals will yearn to stay home and mop the floors while wearing heels, and a dress and a tasteful string of pearls. Maybe no one knows yet, but crime is already in the suburbs......

I said nothing about that. Plus, I think you are hopelessly out of touch with the majority of women. I said they do not want criminals shooting their children. That kind of crime is not in the suburbs, yet.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:52 pm
@glitterbag,
CJ still lives in the 1800's when women did as their told.
roger

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:54 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

In my mind's eye, I can still see Donna Reed pushing that vacuum cleaner back and forth, back and forth.
coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:54 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
CJ still lives in the 1800's when women did as their told.

So something I said nothing about is a talking point? That is how lies start and are spread. You did your good deed for today. Dismissed.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:55 pm
@roger,
Quote:
In my mind's eye, I can still see Donna Reed pushing that vacuum cleaner back and forth, back and forth.

That is how you vacuum, and it transcends gender.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 04:58 pm
@roger,
I remember Donna Reed and the vacuum cleaner, it didn't seem at all odd.....my mother had a similar model but she never wore tasteful string pearls when she cleaned the house....not even when she made dinner..
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 05:18 pm
Quote:
The Left Is Already Painting Kamala Harris as a Victim of Sexism

A real shocker, huh?
Quote:
Regardless, as I write this, news outlets are churning out the victim points for Harris like a factory line.

The Washington Post kicked things off by declaring you’re sexist even before it was announced that Harris was Biden’s VP pick. They made sure to give reasons why any of his picks, be it Harris or others, are victims of sexism if they face any resistance so that all the bases were covered.

The WP is saying that the sex and color determine right and wrong. Are people really that stupid? A rhetorical question.
https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/08/12/left-harris-sexism/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 05:54 pm
Quote:
Black Chicago Residents Interrupt BLM Rally To Support Looters, Demand BLM Leave Neighborhood

The real grassroots are speaking out. Blacks do not want more criminals and do not want more violence. Media is lying.

Quote:
Chicago BLM organized a series of protests, beginning Monday, in support of the 100 individuals arrested during Sunday night’s shocking events, claiming that looting is “reparations” and that the alleged criminals were simply “protesting” and taking what is rightfully theirs from “corporations.”

and
Quote:
A group of black residents from Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood – the location of an officer-involved shooting that triggered a night of riots and looting on Sunday – demanded that members of Chicago’s Black Lives Matter group, who were holding a protest to support those arrested for looting, leave the neighborhood and return only when they were ready to really help the community.

One more comment from a Black citizen.
Quote:
“None of these motherf******s are gonna be here tomorrow. That’s why I got a problem.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-black-chicago-residents-interrupt-blm-rally-to-support-looters-demand-blm-leavea

0 Replies

goldberg

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 08:13 pm
@Builder,
But Iran is a nation riven by clerical rule or mob rule. Its strong men, who purport to be Shia Muslims, simply want to bring Sunni muslims to their knees, creating a new Islam world under Iran's version of Sharia law.

It's a concept for which Saudi Arabia also embraces, albeit it has its own version of Sharia law. It also preaches the virtues of Wahhabism.
goldberg

Wed 12 Aug, 2020 08:25 pm
Biden, who's gun-shy about answering tough questions and delivering speeches, needs someone to play the role of an attack dog. That's why he chose a former prosecutor. Kamala Harris is going to be Biden's sandbag and "nuclear weapon" when it comes to taking Trump and Pence to task.

The Republican Party, Fox News and Trump are going to dig up dirt on her past, namely her affair with Willie Brown and his role in helping Kamala Harris get ahead in her early career.
0 Replies