monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 12:04 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
So, you have no problem with the McCarthy's means to an end.

Mc Carthy ended nothing. The Communists never left.
InfraBlue

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:27 am
@coldjoint,
That's not the meaning of "end" in this sense.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:31 am
Who are people the Democrats have blacklisted???? What nonsense, I suppose the democrats also bombed Pearl Harbor and kidnapped the Lindberg baby.....silly, foolish dimwits spout bullshit in desperation.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 03:20 am
@coldjoint,
McCarthy wasn't interested in the country, only promoting himself no matter the harm he caused to the country and other people.

The short-lived demagogic emergence of Sen. Joseph McCarthy was a blot on the people of Wisconsin. McCarthy's anti-communist "Reign of Terror" froze the country in fear and destroyed a number of lives simply for his own short-term glory. McCarthy was little more than a demagogic alcoholic and morphine addict whose opiate drugs were supplied by Harry Anslinger, who served as chief of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930 to 1962.

"According to the country’s first de-facto drug czar, Harry Anslinger, McCarthy’s addiction was enabled by the federal government. Anslinger, who served as chief of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930 to 1962, is credited with successfully demonizing “marijuana” as causing addiction and insanity, murder and mayhem. More than any other political figure, Anslinger was responsible for criminalizing opiates and its users. And his word was gospel when it came to the country’s nascent war on drugs."

"In his 1961 memoir, The Murderers, Anslinger wrote about finding out, in the 1950s, that a prominent senator (whom he left unnamed) was addicted to morphine. When confronted by Anslinger, the politician refused to stop, even daring Anslinger to reveal his addiction, saying it would cause irreparable harm to the “Free World.”  Anslinger responded to this gambit by securing the lawmaker a steady supply of dope from a Washington, DC, pharmacy. (Morphine taken by prescription was, then as now, legal.)"
izzythepush

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 04:53 am
Over here a Tory MP has just been arrested on suspicion of rape. No names given but he’s an ex minister so that limits the candidates.

If I was an ex Tory minister currently serving as an MP, I’d be giving press conferences to say it wasn’t me.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:15 am
@izzythepush,
How many ex-ministers in their 50s are still current leading Tory MPs? Wink
izzythepush

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Exactly, it can’t be many. I heard someone say that his identity needs to be kept secret so as to protect the victim, that if he is known, she will be known.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 09:42 am
A clearly partisan right wing opinion: (The piece is from 'The Hill' but I copied and paste the link from MSN news)

4 reasons why Trump can't be written off — yet

Outlines:

Quote:
The problem of peaking too soon:

Voters want law and order:

The pull of the left:

The Russian collusion hoax:

The only ones I give credence to is the first and perhaps the third. I go both ways on the third one. On the one hand, not all of the left views are extreme and we need to keep them as voters, on the other hand some of the far left views are too far out like defunding the police. Yet I think Biden has a kept a good balance on that. So the one which has me worried is the first.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 09:46 am
Why Trump’s Blunt Appeals to Suburban Voters May Not Work
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 09:49 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Over here a Tory MP has just been arrested on suspicion of rape. No names given but he’s an ex minister so that limits the candidates.

If I was an ex Tory minister currently serving as an MP, I’d be giving press conferences to say it wasn’t me.

I hear it was four or five times he in charge with raping the woman in question.

Unless the victim is a child how do you do that? Pence seems to have a point never be alone with a woman that you are not married to.

MontereyJack

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 09:55 am
@coldjoint,
No lie ever dies on the internet. it just keeps getting re;poseted again. GIGO, garbage in garbage out, like all you cite and post.
izzythepush

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:51 am
@BillRM,
Always taking the side of the perpetrator.
revelette1

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:14 pm
The Backstory: What our reporters saw, heard and learned at the Portland protests
coldjoint

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:17 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
The short-lived demagogic emergence of Sen. Joseph McCarthy was a blot on the people of Wisconsin. McCarthy's anti-communist "Reign of Terror" froze the country in fear and destroyed a number of lives simply for his own short-term glory. McCarthy was little more than a demagogic alcoholic and morphine addict whose opiate drugs were supplied by Harry Anslinger, who served as chief of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930 to 1962.

That does not change the fact our government was infiltrated by Communists. Time has proven McCarthy was right. Today there are more in government. One of Biden's VP picks is a Communist.

I am not praising the man I am heeding his warning.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
GIGO, garbage in garbage out, like all you cite and post.

How many times do you need to say that? It will only cause the same reply. Those cites did not lie for over three years and those cites continue to lie today.

Those cites that did would be the NYT, WP, CNN, MSNBC, and now Google, Facebook and Twitter. Proven by the videos and content they censor.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:29 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
But, he said, "The vast majority of people there were being peaceful, exercising their constitutional rights in a very polite way. But those large crowds allowed a small number of people the cover necessary to shoot fireworks from the darkness, to throw glass bottles."

And the response? Hughes only saw tear gas and pepper spray deployed, but others reported less-lethal ammunition such as rubber bullets being used.

From your article^
Don't you think the large crowds know they are a cover for the violence? I think they do. That is why they keep gathering. A liberal reporter is going to make Trump the bad guy and this story just reinforces the propaganda that passes for news.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:34 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Always taking the side of the perpetrator.

An all men are guilty with no proof needed of any kind and we should in fact go back to the good old days when we just hang any black charge with rape of a white woman.
coldjoint

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:37 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
An all men are guilty with no proof needed of any kind

Is this the Kavanaugh thread?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:59 pm
Quote:
Karen Bass’s Long March from Communist Fringe to Biden’s VP Shortlist

Since I mentioned it.
Quote:
LEADER OF A COMMUNIST FRONT GROUP

Over the years, Bass has spoken frequently about her decades-long involvement with the Venceramos Brigade (VB), starting from the time she was 19-years-old in 1973. She would make at least eight trips to Cuba in the 1970s and more in the decades that followed.

Articles about her work with the Venceremos Brigade make it sound like the Cuban equivalent of Habitat for Humanity or any other praiseworthy volunteer organization providing humanitarian assistance in poor countries.

In fact, the Venceremos Brigade was a Cuban communist front group founded in 1969 by Fidel Castro and the radical members of the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). The Brigade was run by the Cuban intelligence service, the General Directorate for Intelligence (DGI).

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/07/31/karen-basss-long-march-from-communist-fringe-to-bidens-vp-shortlist/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 03:19 pm
Countries that used Hydroxychloroquine have had less deaths and fewer cases.

0 Replies