monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 10:13 pm
@blatham,
Its like several dozen people are "coming to". That novo arousel includes Mitch , "man who declined a starring role in Lum and ABNER"McConnell
blatham

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 07:34 am
@farmerman,
That they've "seen the light" now, 3 months prior to a near certain catastrophic election, is a clue as to their sincerity.
revelette1

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 09:09 am
@blatham,
Unfortunately we as a nation have proven we are dumb and gullible able to forget what we chose to forget and follow a known liar over the cliff. I am just hoping enough in the swing states will hold to what they know and not let themselves be conned once again. I don't believe that republican will stick to his own words.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump sent his gang of troopers to stop people from voting or something else equally appalling like to take possession of the mail in ballots.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 10:07 am
Can’t post links but 29 year old American Trevor Reed has just been jailed in Russia for 9 years.

It looks like he was fitted up.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 10:52 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Unfortunately we as a nation have proven we are dumb and gullible

The media and the garbage people believe show that a good chunk are dumb and gullible. Not as many as the media would have them believe and that will be proven in November.
Quote:
sent his gang of troopers

They are not Trump's gang, they are law enforcement officers doing their job. You people have already insulted Border agents and accused them of outrageous things. Them and the "troopers" are Americans doing their jobs.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 10:53 am
@izzythepush,
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53594374
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 11:06 am
Democrats are using McCarthy tactics. He tried to shame Communists. Now Communists are shaming Americans.

https://secureservercdn.net/166.62.110.213/hnx.5bb.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/McCarthy-247x300.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 01:47 pm
Quote:
Tucker Slams Obama As ‘One of the Sleaziest’ Figures In The History Of American Politics

Carlson is usually right. He certainly is this time.
Quote:
Fox News host Tucker Carlson slammed Barack Obama as “one of the sleaziest” and “most dishonest” political figures in the history of the United States.

Carlson was particularly upset with the former President taking the somber occasion of Rep. John Lewis’s memorial service and turning it into an anti-Trump, anti-Republican, anti-police speech.

During his eulogy Thursday, Obama made a reprehensible comparison between George Wallace (D-AL), a staunch segregationist and Jim Crow supporter, to President Trump.

He compared today’s police officers to Bull Connor, the commissioner of public safety in Birmingham, Alabama, in the 1960s who was known for using fire hoses and police dogs against civil rights activists.

Obama started the war on police and is making sure it continues. They need to indict some Obama officials to shut him up. He is, again, trying to destroy this country.
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/tucker-slams-obama-as-one-of-the-sleaziest-figures-in-the-history-of-american-politics/
BillW

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 03:40 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump sent his gang of troopers to stop people from voting or something else equally appalling like to take possession of the mail in ballots.

It appears he is underfunding USPS specifically to undercut their need to gear up for the anticipated increases necessary for this upcoming voting season!
farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 05:46 am
@BillW,
In Pa, besides the defunding ,with which to slow service at the USPS, Trump has had his DOJ sue the Commonwealth for setting up drop points to assist in the collection of the mail-in ballots.
It worked so nicely during the primary that even the GOP board of elections in the county commented as to how effortlessly it ran.
Today, 5 states (including Colo) hve gone to mail-in voting exclusively.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 08:07 am
@coldjoint,
carlson is as usual spouting malign nonsense. Claiming obama is trying to destroy the country bu enabling people to vote is fascist horsepucky.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 08:09 am
@coldjoint,
mccarthy was a lying scaremongering troll rejected by the country seventy years ago. that has never changed.
revelette1

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 09:53 am
“Defendant Shall Not Attend Protests”: In Portland, Getting Out of Jail Requires Relinquishing Constitutional Rights

What country are we becoming? It's not the America I always thought I knew.
It sure ain't great. What about all the "freedom lovers?" Only freedom for gun loving 2 amendment people?
coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 10:48 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
“Defendant may not attend any other protests, rallies, assemblies or public gathering in the state of Oregon,” states one “Order Setting Conditions of Release” for an accused protester, alongside other conditions such as appearing for court dates. The orders are signed by federal magistrate judges.

For other defendants, the restricted area is limited to Portland, where clashes between protesters and federal troops have grown increasingly violent in recent weeks. In at least two cases, there are no geographic restrictions; one release document instructs, “Do not participate in any protests, demonstrations, rallies, assemblies while this case is pending.”

Roger Stone was under a gag order and I heard no bitching about that. He could not earn a living. These people can, if the assholes even work. The source is an anti-American pro Islam site. It has nothing to do with defending American rights.

The author of the article is an Islamist apologist. That makes him a liar.

https://www.juancole.com/2020/07/defendant-relinquishing-constitutional.html
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:04 am
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:10 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
mccarthy was a lying scaremongering troll

Who, as it turns out, was right.
Quote:
McCarthy Was Right: There Were Communist Infiltrators in America!

Quote:
The truth of the matter is that the communists did infiltrate the US government. Communism isn’t Cool. Do not believe the lies that the communists were not actively attempting to overthrow capitalism and take over the US government to eliminate private property rights. All this information and more can be found with a simple Google Search. I encourage you to do your own research rather than believe your public school teachers bowing to the will of the State.

Research, give it a try.
https://libertyhangout.org/2017/05/mccarthy-was-right-there-were-communist-infiltrators-in-america/
coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:17 am
Quote:
Texas Downgrades COVID Death Toll After Error Wrongly Attributes Hundreds Of Deaths To COVID

This keeps happening. We are never going to get an honest count. It is an effort to destroy the economy to remove Trump. It could not be more obvious and is more harmful to Americans than Covid 19 is.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/texas-downgrades-covid-death-toll-after-error-wrongly-attributes-hundreds-of-deaths-to-covid/
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:31 am
@coldjoint,
150,000 deaths say you're an idiot, even if a few are miscounted. Far, far more are not. 225 miscounted is a teeny drop in the bucket. Stop trying to find excuses. The pandemic is real, and given your age I wouldn't suggest you do anything outside your house for at least a year.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:42 am
Quote:
Despite What You’ve Heard, The COVID Crisis Probably Peaked Two Weeks Ago

Quote:
There’s more evidence that the crisis is already on the downtrend. Hospital admissions in Florida appear to have peaked more than a week ago. AdventHealth Orlando, for example, reports that the COVID-19 patient count was at 515 on July 19, while this Tuesday the hospital had 406 patients with the illness. And the AdventHealth system across the state is also reporting a decline in admissions from the virus since early July.

These are the facts that DeSantis pointed to when he talked about “positive trends.”

In other words, while the virus no doubt has had a big impact on the state, the worst appears to be over. The same holds true in other states that saw a spike in cases starting in June.

But instead of looking at these facts and what they mean, the press attacked DeSantis, pointedly asking “how he could square his upbeat assessment with the mounting death toll.”

Let us state what should be obvious but seems to confuse some people: We are not claiming that the coronavirus isn’t a deadly disease, or that it should not be taken seriously. (We do believe, however, the total death count has been exaggerated nationwide because states are counting deaths with COVID-19, not deaths from COVID-19. And the evidence is mounting that the massively expensive lockdowns were ineffective.)

But if the crisis is passing in states such as Florida, Texas, Arizona and elsewhere, shouldn’t the public know about that? And why are the media acting as though it’s getting worse?

We are being had. We are being lied to and it is hurting Americans.
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/07/30/despite-what-youve-heard-the-covid-crisis-probably-peaked-two-weeks-ago/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:45 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
and given your age I wouldn't suggest you do anything outside your house for at least a year.

I have been out every day since this began. My life did not change one bit. I only wear a face mask where I have to. I am not worried and still know of no one who has gotten the disease in my circle of friends and associates.