monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 30 Jul, 2020 11:44 am
Quote:
The Left's Willingness to Tolerate Violence Should Frighten All Americans

The title says it all.
Quote:
In truth, the category of "mostly peaceful" is a brand-new invention meant to obscure the simple fact that many of our cultural elites are fine with violence so long as those who engage in such violence have the proper goals. Nikole Hannah-Jones, creator of the pseudo-historical 1619 Project, celebrated when critics labeled rioting and looting "the 1619 riots"; she added that destruction of property was "not violence." This week, Democrats grilling Attorney General Bill Barr could not be bothered to condemn violence, prompting Barr to rant, "What makes me concerned for the country is this is the first time in my memory the leaders of one of our great two political parties, the Democratic Party, are not coming out and condemning mob violence and the attack on federal courts." This should come as little surprise, given that those same cultural elites have cheered on massive protests in a time of a deadly pandemic, explaining that sometimes politics is just too important to stop a raging disease.

Time to face facts. Violence is not acceptable to Americans. This will backfire in November.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/07/29/the_lefts_willingness_to_tolerate_violence_sho
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 30 Jul, 2020 12:24 pm

Republicans openly challenge Trump's tweet on delaying election

A large number of congressional Republicans, including members of House and Senate leadership,
openly rejected President Donald Trump's suggestion Thursday that November's presidential election
should be delayed, a move that the President would have no authority to make because the
Constitution gives Congress the power to set the date for voting.

It was the latest example of the President making incendiary comments on Twitter and putting
Republicans in an awkward spot
to deal with the fallout.

"I think we've had elections every November since about 1788, and I expect that will be the case
again this year," Majority Whip Sen. John Thune said...
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 30 Jul, 2020 08:37 pm
This is not a small thing. Steven Calabresi, co-founder of the right wing Federalist Society has just written an op ed in the NYT. Here's his first two graphs...
Quote:
I have voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980, including voting for Donald Trump in 2016. I wrote op-eds and a law review article protesting what I believe was an unconstitutional investigation by Robert Mueller. I also wrote an op-ed opposing President Trump’s impeachment.

But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.

Permit me to be a cynic here. It's becoming increasingly obvious to Republican strategists and many high level conservatives that November is going to be a disaster for them. And if/when that happens, how are they going to recover? Obviously, they will have to rebrand their party and movement. They will have to, somehow, present a "new" face that pushes Trumpism down the memory hole. The beginnings of that process may well be what we're seeing here. No better explanation presents itself to me at this moment.
farmerman

Thu 30 Jul, 2020 10:13 pm
@blatham,
Its like several dozen people are "coming to". That novo arousel includes Mitch , "man who declined a starring role in Lum and ABNER"McConnell
blatham

Fri 31 Jul, 2020 07:34 am
@farmerman,
That they've "seen the light" now, 3 months prior to a near certain catastrophic election, is a clue as to their sincerity.
revelette1

Fri 31 Jul, 2020 09:09 am
@blatham,
Unfortunately we as a nation have proven we are dumb and gullible able to forget what we chose to forget and follow a known liar over the cliff. I am just hoping enough in the swing states will hold to what they know and not let themselves be conned once again. I don't believe that republican will stick to his own words.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump sent his gang of troopers to stop people from voting or something else equally appalling like to take possession of the mail in ballots.
izzythepush

Fri 31 Jul, 2020 10:07 am
Can’t post links but 29 year old American Trevor Reed has just been jailed in Russia for 9 years.

It looks like he was fitted up.
coldjoint

Fri 31 Jul, 2020 10:52 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Unfortunately we as a nation have proven we are dumb and gullible

The media and the garbage people believe show that a good chunk are dumb and gullible. Not as many as the media would have them believe and that will be proven in November.
Quote:
sent his gang of troopers

They are not Trump's gang, they are law enforcement officers doing their job. You people have already insulted Border agents and accused them of outrageous things. Them and the "troopers" are Americans doing their jobs.
0 Replies

lmur

Fri 31 Jul, 2020 10:53 am
@izzythepush,
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53594374
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 31 Jul, 2020 11:06 am
Democrats are using McCarthy tactics. He tried to shame Communists. Now Communists are shaming Americans.

https://secureservercdn.net/166.62.110.213/hnx.5bb.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/McCarthy-247x300.jpg
coldjoint

Fri 31 Jul, 2020 01:47 pm
Quote:
Tucker Slams Obama As ‘One of the Sleaziest’ Figures In The History Of American Politics

Carlson is usually right. He certainly is this time.
Quote:
Fox News host Tucker Carlson slammed Barack Obama as “one of the sleaziest” and “most dishonest” political figures in the history of the United States.

Carlson was particularly upset with the former President taking the somber occasion of Rep. John Lewis’s memorial service and turning it into an anti-Trump, anti-Republican, anti-police speech.

During his eulogy Thursday, Obama made a reprehensible comparison between George Wallace (D-AL), a staunch segregationist and Jim Crow supporter, to President Trump.

He compared today’s police officers to Bull Connor, the commissioner of public safety in Birmingham, Alabama, in the 1960s who was known for using fire hoses and police dogs against civil rights activists.

Obama started the war on police and is making sure it continues. They need to indict some Obama officials to shut him up. He is, again, trying to destroy this country.
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/tucker-slams-obama-as-one-of-the-sleaziest-figures-in-the-history-of-american-politics/
BillW

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 03:40 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump sent his gang of troopers to stop people from voting or something else equally appalling like to take possession of the mail in ballots.

It appears he is underfunding USPS specifically to undercut their need to gear up for the anticipated increases necessary for this upcoming voting season!
farmerman

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 05:46 am
@BillW,
In Pa, besides the defunding ,with which to slow service at the USPS, Trump has had his DOJ sue the Commonwealth for setting up drop points to assist in the collection of the mail-in ballots.
It worked so nicely during the primary that even the GOP board of elections in the county commented as to how effortlessly it ran.
Today, 5 states (including Colo) hve gone to mail-in voting exclusively.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 08:07 am
@coldjoint,
carlson is as usual spouting malign nonsense. Claiming obama is trying to destroy the country bu enabling people to vote is fascist horsepucky.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 08:09 am
@coldjoint,
mccarthy was a lying scaremongering troll rejected by the country seventy years ago. that has never changed.
revelette1

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 09:53 am
“Defendant Shall Not Attend Protests”: In Portland, Getting Out of Jail Requires Relinquishing Constitutional Rights

What country are we becoming? It's not the America I always thought I knew.
It sure ain't great. What about all the "freedom lovers?" Only freedom for gun loving 2 amendment people?
coldjoint

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 10:48 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
“Defendant may not attend any other protests, rallies, assemblies or public gathering in the state of Oregon,” states one “Order Setting Conditions of Release” for an accused protester, alongside other conditions such as appearing for court dates. The orders are signed by federal magistrate judges.

For other defendants, the restricted area is limited to Portland, where clashes between protesters and federal troops have grown increasingly violent in recent weeks. In at least two cases, there are no geographic restrictions; one release document instructs, “Do not participate in any protests, demonstrations, rallies, assemblies while this case is pending.”

Roger Stone was under a gag order and I heard no bitching about that. He could not earn a living. These people can, if the assholes even work. The source is an anti-American pro Islam site. It has nothing to do with defending American rights.

The author of the article is an Islamist apologist. That makes him a liar.

https://www.juancole.com/2020/07/defendant-relinquishing-constitutional.html
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:04 am
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:10 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
mccarthy was a lying scaremongering troll

Who, as it turns out, was right.
Quote:
McCarthy Was Right: There Were Communist Infiltrators in America!

Quote:
The truth of the matter is that the communists did infiltrate the US government. Communism isn’t Cool. Do not believe the lies that the communists were not actively attempting to overthrow capitalism and take over the US government to eliminate private property rights. All this information and more can be found with a simple Google Search. I encourage you to do your own research rather than believe your public school teachers bowing to the will of the State.

Research, give it a try.
https://libertyhangout.org/2017/05/mccarthy-was-right-there-were-communist-infiltrators-in-america/
coldjoint

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 11:17 am
Quote:
Texas Downgrades COVID Death Toll After Error Wrongly Attributes Hundreds Of Deaths To COVID

This keeps happening. We are never going to get an honest count. It is an effort to destroy the economy to remove Trump. It could not be more obvious and is more harmful to Americans than Covid 19 is.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/texas-downgrades-covid-death-toll-after-error-wrongly-attributes-hundreds-of-deaths-to-covid/