monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 05:23 am
Chinese websites claim that a thief tried to break into the house of a Chinese pug living in America . Yet the Chinese pug beat back the thief with his fists.

The thief is seen trying to break into the house with a placard in his hands, according to CCTV footage. Then it shows the Chinese pug storming out of the house with a stick in his own hands. Seeing this, the thief vamooses just like a skunk.

The Chinese pug told the press that he beat the thief up after he caught up with him.
0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 05:27 am
@BillRM,
Trump just wants to deflect attention. It also implies that he wants to toady to China hawks in his government. Mike Pompeo is one of the hawks.
0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 05:30 am
@BillRM,
Sorry. It was a typo. It should have been they call Mike Pompeo modern-day Hilter, not Mike Pence.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:26 am
Anthony Fauci denies Trump claim that he misled US public about coronavirus
Quote:
• Health expert says ‘I will just continue to do my job’
• Sinclair TV network pulls segment on Fauci conspiracy theory

Dr Anthony Fauci insisted on Tuesday he had “not been misleading the American public under any circumstances” – countering a claim by Donald Trump that he had.

The director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases has become a trusted public voice on the coronavirus pandemic.

He was speaking the morning after Sinclair, an influential broadcaster with links to the US president, dropped an interview on a widely syndicated TV show in which the researcher behind the Plandemic conspiracy theory claimed Fauci made the coronavirus and sent it to Wuhan, China.

Also on Monday night, Trump retweeted a series of controversial claims about the pandemic, including a claim on a podcast hosted by the former White House counselor Steve Bannon that Fauci “misled the American public on many issues”.

Asked about the tweets on ABC News’ Good Morning America, Fauci said: “I don’t tweet, I don’t even read them. I don’t really want to go there. I just will continue to do my job, no matter what comes out, because I think it’s very important.”

Fauci, 79, has served six presidents since 1984. He has nonetheless been criticized and marginalized by Trump.

“We’re in the middle of a crisis with regard to a pandemic,” Fauci said. “This is what I do. This is what I’ve been trained for my entire professional life and I’ll continue to do it.

“I have not been misleading the American public under any circumstances.”

Fauci also rejected Trump’s continued support for the use of an anti-malarial drug, hydroxychloroquine, and other unproven treatments for Covid-19.

On Monday night, Trump retweeted a complaint about YouTube, Facebook and Twitter’s decision to ban a viral video from the far-right Breitbart News in which people claiming to be doctors made unsubstantiated claims about supposed cures for the virus.

“The overwhelming prevailing clinical trials that have looked at the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine have indicated that it is not effective in coronavirus disease,” Fauci said.

According to researchers at Johns Hopkins University, the US has recorded nearly 4.3m cases of Covid-19 and nearly 150,000 people have died. Cases have surged in southern and western states which sought to reopen their economies in May.

The interview dropped by Sinclair was between Eric Bolling, a former Fox News host, and Judy Mikovits. The broadcaster originally postponed it after segments were posted online.

“Upon further review, we have decided not to air the interview with Dr Mikovits,” Sinclair said on Monday. “Although the segment did include an expert to dispute Dr Mikovits, given the nature of the theories she presented we believe it is not appropriate to air the interview.”

Sinclair owns TV stations across the US. Its chairman, David D Smith, has said that in 2016 he told Trump: “We are here to deliver your message.”

Sinclair said it reiterated its “appreciation for all that Dr Fauci and his team have accomplished for the health and wellbeing of Americans and people worldwide.

“During this pandemic, Sinclair and its affiliates have positively and prominently featured Dr Fauci on air … there remains an open invite for Dr Fauci to appear on our stations any time.”

Bolling, who interviewed Mikovits and lawyer Larry Klayman – described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “a pathologically litigious attorney and professional gadfly” – said he had challenged the claim about Fauci on air and added an opposing voice, Dr Nicole Saphier, for balance.

Saphier, a Fox News contributor, said it was “highly unlikely” Fauci made the coronavirus but also said it was possible the virus was made in a laboratory. Trump allies have pushed that claim in attempting to blame China for America’s plight. Experts agree the virus originated in a wet market, where wild animals are sold for food.

Trump’s relationship with Fauci has been a source of constant speculation and fascination. The New York Times reported Monday that Trump was so angered by Fauci being invited to throw out a pitch by the Washington Nationals baseball team that he claimed to have been invited to do the same by the New York Yankees.

No such invitation had been made, leading aides to scramble to save face.
coldjoint

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 10:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Fauci, 79, has served six presidents since 1984. He has nonetheless been criticized and marginalized by Trump.

William Barr was AG 30 years ago with an impeccable reputation. Yet he is criticized and marginalized by Democrats. Just saying.
InfraBlue

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 01:15 pm
@coldjoint,
He sold his soul to the devil.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 03:06 pm
@coldjoint,
Its interesting that weve seen science pproceed from a time of "no clue" to a high degree of understanding about CV-19. Fauci and the real experts have accepted their early mistakes. TRUMP, on the other hand, has continued to spread his dumb views as if he even knows what he is talking about.
Hes lately done a 180 (aftter 6 months of stubborn cluelessness). So was he lying then or is he lying now?? I mean, its hard to tell with this NY clown aint it?
coldjoint

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:00 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Fauci and the real experts have accepted their early mistakes.

They were still mistakes and still did damage. I do not care if they accepted them or not.
goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:25 pm
Biden also doesn't know how to deal with Covid-19. His advisers just ask him to go into hiding at a time when Trump plays the role of lightning rod.

This tactic doesn't work anymore when you have Biden and Trump going mano a mano in their televised debates. Biden still has to grasp the nettle instead of trying to dodge the bullet by hiding behind the bunker built by his supporters.

Biden can't be a Teflon leader when you have Fox News looking over his shoulder. The same goes true for Trump as well when you have CNN and the New York Times jostling for the chance to shame Trump.

goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:35 pm
@goldberg,
ALL LIVES MATTER. You are a racist if you try to disregard non-black people's rights.

It would be churlish to sack non-black people simply because they quail at showing support for BLM. Several white professors just got axed for this reason. That's an affront to human rights.

Despots and exploiters can be found everywhere in Africa. Why don't supporter of BLM talk about African leaders' vindictiveness and oppression of their own black fellows.

Just go to Africa to squeal about corruption there; otherwise, you are not qualified to show non-black people what's democracy.
farmerman

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:44 pm
@coldjoint,
The point is ,Science is not magic. Mitak re mde but we larn how to deal with them (Then there is the Catholic Church where, after several centuries of scientific facts staring them in the face they did a "Slowly I turned" routine.
Fauci is a scientist, not a clown prince (You should read about the earliest fuckups in the HIV early days).

Trump is an auctioneer who wants you to believe that he knows what hes blabbing. These Salesmen rarely change their patois . Trump is still BSing about the efficacy of TH (OCl) Q even after science has studied the **** out of it and found it of no use and possibly toxic to some even when coupled with a' mycin.

Seems Plump is just jealous of Fauci's credibility in the minds of the public.

0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:47 pm
@goldberg,
Quote:
ALL LIVES MATTER
Your missing the entire point. Black Lives have never really attained the inclusiveness implicit in "ALL LIVES MATTER"

You arent a native American are you?
goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:50 pm
For all your gripes about racial discrimination, America is still the most safe place for African Americans, according to a novel written by a black writer. Her family members moved back to Africa years ago; they thought they would be able to find hope or take shelter in a nation overrun by black people. To their consternation, they found they were mistaken about this since that nation also had venal politicians trying to nobble the courts, with militants dictating terms. That's why the novelist decided to return to America.
0 Replies

goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:53 pm
@farmerman,
Black people just call you a racist when you proclaim ALL LIVES MATTER. They happen to be racists in this context. Africa has rafts of autocrats and cops mishandling black people. Yet BLM's leaders don't even take the trouble to talk about it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:54 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Black Lives have never really attained the inclusiveness implicit in "ALL LIVES MATTER"

Really? When did all change its definition?
goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:54 pm
@farmerman,
Wait, are you trying to insult Indian Americans?
Wilso

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:56 pm
Quote:
"It's safe. It doesn't cause problems. I had no problem. I had absolutely no problem, felt no different. Didn't feel good, bad or indifferent. And I tested, as you know, it didn't, it didn't get me. And it's not going to hopefully hurt anybody. So we know from that sample because it's been so many years from a safety standpoint, it's safe. I happen to think, based on what I've read, I've read a lot about hydroxy. I happen to think that it has an impact, especially at the early years," he said.

For **** sake. Seriously? Who are the biggest idiots? Trump, or the brainless, inbred, buck-toothed morons who voted for him?
goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 08:01 pm
@farmerman,
Actually, I just want to say we could be both racists and victims of
discrimination. Well-off non-black people also sass hard-up non-black people-by which I mean it would be foolish just to play up the ravages of racial discrimination.

America also has lots of homeless people who happen to be white, according to The New Yorker.

Everyone is equal.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 08:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Really? When did all change its definition?
I hope soon. BLM is as nice a "REMINDER" to whites that blacks seek the same inclusiveness that the US Constitution exclaims and the Gettysburg Address reminds us.

MAYBE ifn the BLM would have just added "too" to the end of the phrase
BLACK LIVES MATTER TOO.

goldberg

Tue 28 Jul, 2020 08:11 pm
@farmerman,
I'm not saying BLM is wrong. I'm just infuriated by their message that you are a racist when you say ALL LIVES MATTER.

I take exception to them on this issue. I believe that every live matters; it has nothing to do with the color of your skin.