monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 12:48 pm
Dr. Fauci Says These Places Across the U.S. Need to Shut Down ASAP

Quote:
Many states across the country have been taking measures to pause or roll back on their reopening plans, but Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), says there's one place that should be closed across the country: bars. "We need to really take seriously the issue of wearing masks all the time and not congregating in bars," Fauci said in a new interview with InStyle. "I think we can stop that by just closing [bars] because they are certainly an important mechanism of this spread."

During her candid interview with Fauci for the magazine, CBS Evening News anchor Norah O'Donnell flatly asked the NIAID director: "How can we do better?" Fauci explained that first, we need to "learn the lesson" of what has led to recent surges in COVID-19 that has hit many states across the nation. He then encouraged states to "pause in the opening and maybe even take a step back in our phases." He noted he didn't want to see the country return to "complete lockdown," but he did think bars should be closed.

As medical and public health experts have learned about the spread of COVID-19, there is growing acceptance that the crowded and poorly ventilated indoor environment of a bar is among the riskiest places to contract the virus. Loud music and often inebriated patrons lead to yelling and exhaling more aerosolized droplets as well as decreased inhibitions, which makes bars particularly dangerous.

During a Tuesday morning appearance on Today, Admiral Brett Giroir, the White House's coronavirus testing czar, made a similar point about the danger of bars. "I want everybody to understand you've got to physically distance, wear your mask, avoid bars, close bars in those hot areas, reduce capacity," Giroir said.

Multiple hard-hit states have already taken the measure of closing bars, like California, Louisiana, Texas, and Florida.

In his InStyle interview, Fauci also reminded Americans of the specific things we can all do to abate the outbreak of COVID-19. "Keep distances, wash hands, avoid crowds, wear a mask," he said. "I think if we diligently do those things, we can turn this around." And for more advice from Fauci, check out This Is How Dr. Fauci Says We Can Push the "Reset Button" on Coronavirus.
McGentrix

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 12:53 pm
@revelette1,
Blame Trump!!!

farmerman

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 01:18 pm
@coldjoint,
so only the assailant has rights of free speech?
What if the 63 yer old was asking politely and it escalated so the driver ,( who apparently has a serious self control problem,) just decided to reach out and hurt or kill someone with his car??.

Your politics seems to control any sense of empathy you may have .
revelette1

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 01:25 pm
@McGentrix,
The shoe fits!!!!!
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 02:40 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Blame Trump!!!

At the end of the interview Fauci says that it could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need them, so he's not talking about bandanas and homemade masks but rather the N95's that were in such short supply. At the time, more people were sheltering in place — it wasn't until things began to open up that members of the public were urged to use masks or face shields.

If you want to blame Trump, sure — he dismissed all the previous work that had gone into preparing for a pandemic:
Quote:
Obama’s White House National Security Council left the Trump administration a detailed document on how to respond to a pandemic. The document, whose existence was publicly revealed by Politico in March, is called the Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents.

mercurynews
farmerman

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 02:46 pm
@hightor,
I recall, when Maryland's governor's wife, of Korean descent, managed to acquire like a few million N 95 masks , and then Trump tried to confiscate em as "Fed property"> That **** lasted about a day when Trump was advised to hunker down and shut up.
One thing about him, Trump is free of all emotion, empathy, care for others , and anything noble.
Frank Apisa

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 02:51 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I recall, when Maryland's governor's wife, of Korean descent, managed to acquire like a few million N 95 masks , and then Trump tried to confiscate em as "Fed property"> That **** lasted about a day when Trump was advised to hunker down and shut up.
One thing about him, Trump is free of all emotion, empathy, care for others , and anything noble.

There are times when I think that the governor of Maryland is the only elected Republican with any balls at all! Maybe Romney, but Hogan has got monsters.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 02:55 pm
@farmerman,
I bought my box of N95 masks early enough to avoid the huge scramble when everyone was trying to acquire them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 02:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Biden is up fifteen points on trump. Kinda indicates he's a pretty good driver, and branco is as full of **** as ever.

What are you referring to? Did the moderators delete a post?

Branco makes pretty good points actually.
oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Kinda hell for the several hundred thousand CIVILIANS killed by the bombings too.

The A-bombs didn't kill anywhere near that many civilians.

And what do they expect when they hang around a major military target right when it is undergoing a large scale attack?
MontereyJack

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:08 pm
@oralloy,
It was in reference to a branco carioon, which as far as I can tell does not seem to be on this forum anymore, I don't know why. He's never made a valid political point.
oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
Branco makes good points all the time. That's why progressives hate him so much.
oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:11 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
In other words, they really are the deplorables.

When Democrats reject voters, voters elect Republicans.

revelette1 wrote:
But not irredeemable. I think a lot of ideas which are wrong have just been upheld by certain groups. Not all of them are racist but they enable the racists who are behind the the ideas in the first place by accepting the racist excuses.

Progressives are the racists in modern times.

It's progressives who are saying that black people should be free to rape and murder white people.
oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:12 pm
@revelette1,
AP Fact Check wrote:
TRUMP: "He wants to defund and abolish police." -- interview Wednesday on "America This Week."
THE FACTS: Biden does not join the call of protesters who demanded "defund the police" after George Floyd's killing.

Has Mr. Biden spoken out against all the progressives who are lynching white people for defending themselves?

I bet he hasn't.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:13 pm
@oralloy,
those figures are the usual ones for civilian casualties, those were not major military centers, and where else were Japanese civilians supposed to go in those densely populated islands. That is a dumb post.
oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. Credible estimates of civilian A-bomb fatalities range from 100,000 to 200,000.

Hiroshima was a huge military center that was the headquarters in charge of repelling our coming invasion of Kyushu. There were tens of thousands of Japanese soldiers in Hiroshima awaiting deployment to the beaches to fight that invasion.

Nagasaki was an industrial center with large weapons factories.

Where should civilians have gone? How about away from the large military target that was about to be destroyed?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:19 pm
@oralloy,
branco makes political points that only the wild-eyes extreme right wing loonies with only teuous connections to reality and logic like.
MontereyJack

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:21 pm
@oralloy,
Democrats and their allies outvoted republicans in 2016 and 2018, and trump by all accounts is losing even more in 2020.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:25 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
All the relevant information is searchable on the internet, you can fact check it yourself to find any incorrect facts. But I know you won't. It's not part of your poster style.

Who are you replying to? Did the moderators delete another post?

That said, it is up to people to back up their own claims if someone questions the claims and asks for a cite.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
only tenuous connections to reality and logic

Your failure to point out any flaws in our facts and our logic shows otherwise.