monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 01:09 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
screaming Karens denouncing public health measures and trying to instigate a race war.

When white people don't want black people to rape and murder them, that is an attempt to start a race war??

What about when progressives say that black people should be free to rape and murder white people?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 01:14 pm
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz071220dAPC20200711044525.jpg
RABEL222

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 01:16 pm
@coldjoint,
the more they post the more insane they become.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 03:03 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Fauci said at the time he made certain earlier statements that the situation may change.

Quote:
Fauci: The Response Of Trump Admin Has Been Impressive, I Can't Imagine Anybody Could Be Doing More

Has that changed your mind on Trump's reaction? Fauci said that March 23. Has he said anything to contradict that?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/23/fauci_the_response_of_trump_admin_has_been_impressive_i_cant_imagine_anybody_could_be_doing_more.html
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 03:16 pm
Quote:
‘USA Today’ Claims American Eagle Is A ‘Nazi Symbol’

Got some really stupid people in the media.

Anyone here agree that the symbol is a Nazi one?

https://tammybruce.com/2020/07/usa-today-claims-american-eagle-is-a-nazi-symbol.html
farmerman

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 03:25 am
@coldjoint,
Unless the second Continental Congress was fulla Nazis, Id have to say that the newspapr is kinda incorrect.
Remember, the first committee to choose a national symbol was named shortly after the Declaration of Independence waa signed. Ben Franklin wanted to have the Wild Turkey as our symbol so the committee deadlocked . It wasnt till about 6 yrs later before they .

agreed on the eagle .

snood

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 04:46 am
I just read the prologue of Mary Trump’s book.

Holy ****.

Just... holy ****.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 05:00 am
@farmerman,
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.thewhiskyexchange.com%2F900%2Fbrbon_wil3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwhiskeyreviewer.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F04%2Feagle_rare.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
I think I'd have chosen the bison:
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.celticwhiskeyshop.com%2Fimage%2Fdata%2FScottish%2520Whiskey%2Fworld%2520whiskey%2FBuffalo-Trace.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 05:31 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
‘USA Today’ Claims American Eagle Is A ‘Nazi Symbol’
Got some really stupid people in the media.

USA today wrote:
Both birds hold another national symbol in their talons, wings outstretched, with the head facing to the right to the viewer, or the eagle's left.

But the designs have key differences. In Trump’s, the eagle holds the American flag up near its chest; the Nazi symbol holds the swastika lower. Trump’s design also features “Trump 2020” below it. The American eagle is also a bald eagle, whereas the Nazi eagle is depicted as an all-black bird.

Our ruling: Inconclusive
The U.S. government has many uses of eagle imagery in its official seals and emblems including on the "Great Seal of America," on the presidential seal and on the mace of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Trump campaign's T-shirt includes the use of an eagle that some claim bears resemblance to a Nazi eagle.We rate the claim that the Trump campaign is using Nazi imagery as INCONCLUSIVE, based on our research.
USA today
0 Replies

snood

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 05:36 am
@coldjoint,
Question:
If Trump’s administration had borrowed from the nazi design, would that be a bad thing in your opinion?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 08:11 am
Trump’s commutation ‘does not have to be the end of the story’, Andrew Weissmann wrote in a New York Times' opinion.
The former senior prosecutor in the Mueller team member is advocating that the self-confessed political dirty trickster be brought before a grand jury.

We Can Still Get the Truth From Roger Stone
Frank Apisa

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 08:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Trump’s commutation ‘does not have to be the end of the story’, Andrew Weissmann wrote in a New York Times' opinion.
The former senior prosecutor in the Mueller team member is advocating that the self-confessed political dirty trickster be brought before a grand jury.

We Can Still Get the Truth From Roger Stone

You are quite right about that, Walter...but I hope everyone holds off until AFTER the election in November.

No reason to give them one other thing to twist and distort to their own advantage.

Trump and Stone will eventually pay for what they have done to this country...and by extension, to the world. They are disgusting trash...and I am confident they will pay a price.

I hope it is considerable.
revelette1

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 08:41 am
The Daily 202: Trump’s coronavirus blame game is part of a pattern from the White House

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 08:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
New testimony further undercuts William Barr’s explanation for removing prosecutor who probed Trump allies
Quote:
[... ... ...]
The big question nearly a month later remains: Why? Why did this need to be handled so quickly and so messily? Why not give it a few days, rather than, according to Berman’s testimony, blindside him with the false claim that he had resigned? Why not take him up on his offer to keep this orderly?

Berman’s testimony may not have directly ascribed a motive for Barr’s actions, but it sure points in a familiar direction.
hightor

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 09:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I read speculation that the firing was originally timed to coincide with Trump's Tulsa rally — the idea was that Berman's ouster might be kept out of the headlines by quietly announcing it on a Friday night when everyone's attention was focused on Tulsa. Of course, when the rally was changed to Saturday night the story became a lot more difficult to hide.
revelette1

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 11:22 am
"None of us lie": Top testing official defends White House coronavirus task force

Quote:
Washington — A top health official on the White House coronavirus task force said Tuesday that "none of us lie" to the public, contradicting President Trump, who shared a Twitter post baselessly accusing government medical experts of "lying."

Admiral Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary for health who has taken the lead on expanding testing, told NBC's "Today" that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other medical experts "are completely transparent with the American people." He said that coronavirus guidance, such as whether to wear a mask, has been updated as more is learned about the virus.

"We may make mistakes occasionally, but none of us lie," Giroir said. He also contradicted Mr. Trump's repeated assertions that the virus will "just disappear," saying that it will disappear if "we take active steps to make it disappear."
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 11:26 am
Australian columnist aghast at America’s ‘rotten’ COVID-19 response: ‘We are witnessing the fall of a great power’
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 11:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
When Attorney General Bill Barr tried to force out Geoffrey Berman, who had been the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, he created a mess he clearly didn’t foresee. He claimed Berman had stepped down, but Berman quickly refuted that claim. Berman’s opposition foiled Barr’s attempt to replace him with an outsider to the office, and eventually, Berman left on the understanding that his deputy, Audrey Strauss, would take over.

The tumultuous and dramatic series of events left a question that has yet to be answered: Why did Barr want to replace Berman so badly? Given the SDNY’s centrality to several cases that directly or indirectly implicate President Donald Trump, the hamfisted effort to oust Berman has raised suspicions of potential misconduct and improper influence.

Under this cloud, the House Judiciary Committee interviewed Berman in a closed session. A transcript of the interview was released Monday evening. Though it doesn’t definitively answer the question of what Barr was trying to do, these seven details only raise more suspicions about the propriety of his actions:

RS
coldjoint

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 01:34 pm
@hightor,
Something about the NYT and its toxic woke culture.

A slice of her resignation letter.
Quote:
Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

My own forays into Wrongthink have made me the subject of constant bullying by colleagues who disagree with my views. They have called me a Nazi and a racist; I have learned to brush off comments about how I’m “writing about the Jews again.” Several colleagues perceived to be friendly with me were badgered by coworkers. My work and my character are openly demeaned on company-wide Slack channels where masthead editors regularly weigh in. There, some coworkers insist I need to be rooted out if this company is to be a truly “inclusive” one, while others post ax emojis next to my name. Still other New York Times employees publicly smear me as a liar and a bigot on Twitter with no fear that harassing me will be met with appropriate action. They never are.

There are terms for all of this: unlawful discrimination, hostile work environment, and constructive discharge. I’m no legal expert. But I know that this is wrong.

This is not where people with any hope for unity and fairness should bet their news. They are destructive force, not journalists.
HT Bill Very Happy

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 02:45 pm

The Trump administration has rescinded its policy that would bar
international students who only take online courses from staying
in the US, a federal judge announced Tuesday in Boston...