monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 09:10 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Democrats get help from the right.

New Lincoln Project ad takes on the ‘Trump crime spree’: ‘It’s a billion-dollar criminal enterprise’
Published 4 hours ago on July 12, 2020By Bob Brigham
FacebookTwitter

Quote:
Disgruntled former top Republican strategists took on President Donald Trump’s “law and order” message in a new 2020 video posted on Saturday.

The ad, by the Lincoln Project, recounts how many top former Trump officials have been convicted of felonies.

“It’s not a campaign, it’s a billion-dollar criminal enterprise,” the narrator begins.

The ad noted the criminal convictions of Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Mike Flynn, George Papadopoulos, Michael Cohen and Roger Stone.

“Nixon was bad, Trump is worse,” the narrator declares.

“Trump is the most corrupt president in U.S. history. There’s only one way to end the Trump crime spree — throw him and his crooks out of office,” the ad concludes.

Glad these guys finally got the message. Obviously there are many who are so hoodwinked, they just cannot see the criminal for what he is.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 10:09 am
The president has picked fights with Michigan’s governor, attorney general and secretary of state over voting rights and the coronavirus. They haven’t backed down.

Trump vs. the Women Who Lead Michigan: A Battle With 2020 Implications
Quote:
LANSING, Mich. — Beyond being the women leading Michigan’s state government, Gretchen Whitmer, Dana Nessel and Jocelyn Benson have a lot in common.

All three are Democratic lawyers and part of Generation X, with long lists of accomplishments. Ms. Whitmer was the first woman to lead the Democratic caucus in the State Senate. Ms. Nessel argued before the Supreme Court and helped pave the way for the legalization of same-sex marriage. And Ms. Benson, a Harvard Law School graduate, was the dean of the Wayne State University Law School in Detroit.

By 2018, the three were swept into statewide office on a wave that flipped much of Michigan’s leadership from red to blue and put three women — Ms. Whitmer, the governor; Ms. Nessel, the attorney general; and Ms. Benson, the secretary of state — in charge of running the state for the first time.

Now these women share another distinction: They’re all targets of President Trump.
[...]
Michigan Democrats believe that the state leaders are a not-so-secret weapon in the 2020 election. They see the president’s frequent barbs — he has called Ms. Nessel “the Wacky Do Nothing Attorney General” and Ms. Benson a “rogue Secretary of State” — as helping fuel the anti-Trump bandwagon in the state, which before 2016 had not voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 1988.
[...]
Despite little evidence, Mr. Trump has repeatedly criticized absentee voting as an invitation for election fraud. He has particularly focused on Ms. Benson’s mailing effort, initially threatening to withhold federal money for coronavirus relief before backing off.

In an op-ed article published in Newsweek in late May, Ms. Benson wondered why the president had singled her out when at least six other states were also sending absentee ballot applications to all voters.

“The obvious answer is that Michigan is one of several states that will heavily influence the outcome of this year’s presidential election,” she wrote. “We cannot let misinformation — whether it comes from the White House, the Kremlin or anywhere else — sow seeds of doubt in our elections.”

Others have pointed to another reason for Mr. Trump’s attacks: his history of demeaning prominent women.

“In some ways, it’s not surprising that you’ve got this trifecta of women in leadership, all of whom are Democrats,” said Debbie Walsh, the director at the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University. “All of whom have been exercising leadership in making sure that the state remains healthy and have elections that function.”

She added, “He sees this all as hostile acts against him.”

The three state leaders are not the only women in Michigan whom the president has targeted. He has also repeatedly criticized Mary Barra, the chief executive of General Motors, over her decision to close American auto manufacturing plants and what he perceived as a slow transformation of some plants to make ventilators for virus treatment.

“Women are sharply viewing it as anti-female,” said Richard Czuba, the founder of the Glengariff Group, a nonpartisan polling firm in Lansing. “I can see him going after Whitmer if he’s worried about her being on the ticket. But he has systemically attacked every prominent female politician in Michigan.”

The state and national Republican parties have adopted Mr. Trump’s campaign against the three female leaders, bashing Ms. Whitmer’s handling of the virus, suing her over her use of emergency powers and slamming her frequent appearances on cable news, which they have called an “audition” to become Mr. Biden’s running mate.
[...]
Ms. Whitmer said on a recent campaign call, “We’re all that woman from Michigan, and by the end of this, Donald Trump is going to know not to mess with these women from Michigan.”
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:23 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
Apparently there's a Trump ad showing fires and looting with the tag line "you won't be safe in Biden's America". Does anyone see the irony in the fact that the images are from Trump's America?

Mr. Trump is not responsible for progressive violence.

And people here were going into histrionics over Mr. Trump's efforts to combat progressive violence himself when leftist leaders refused to act.

So, no such irony.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:24 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
covid, BLM protests, rioting and looting have all occurred under 45's watch.
he owns all of it...

Mr. Trump is not responsible for the fact that progressives are violent thugs.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:36 pm
Quote:
Goya Foods sales take off after liberal boycott

For the people who still think people are not fed up with the Left's bullshit. Here is a great example. They will no doubt voting Republican including the down ballots. Kiss the House good-bye.
From Twitter.

Quote:
Ted Cruz
@tedcruz
Goya is a staple of Cuban food. My grandparents ate Goya black beans twice a day for nearly 90 years. And now the Left is trying to cancel Hispanic culture and silence free speech. #BuyGoya
James Woods
@RealJamesWoods
Goya Foods CEO won't apologize in face of boycott, backlash for pro-Trump remarks: 'Suppression of speech' // Bob Unanue sets a good example in the fight against liberal terrorism. Don’t let his voice be suppressed. Stand up against these thugs. #BuyGoya https://foxnews.com/media/goya-boycott-trump-praise-ceo-fox-friends
3:01 PM · Jul 10, 2020

Quote:
Democrats and Hollywood won't buy Goya. But Americans are buying it in droves.

Notice they do not count Democrats as Americans.
https://www.lifezette.com/2020/07/goya-foods-sales-take-off-after-liberal-boycott/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:54 pm
Quote:
Goya Foods gains over 100,000 Facebook followers in 24-hours

People have had enough. Keep it up. No better way to get Trump re-elected.
Quote:
Conservatives and Trump supporters are flocking to the latest victim of cancel culture to support their unyielding resistance to cancellation.

https://noqreport.com/2020/07/12/goya-foods-gains-over-100000-facebook-followers-in-24-hours/
MontereyJack

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:58 pm
@coldjoint,
they're not the ones who regularly buy goya products. Buyng their one protest can of goya beans isn't going to help when the regular buyers who buy many goya products don't buy any more.
MontereyJack

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 03:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
And Ted Cruz is a trump toady.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 03:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Buyng their one protest can of goya beans isn't going to help when the regular buyers who buy many goya products don't buy any more.

Let me know when Goya goes under. It is just another shot in the foot for the intolerant idiots who cannot stand ideas that differ from theirs. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 09:30 pm
I saw the comet tonight.

If you guys haven't seen it yet, it's worth seeing.
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 12:05 am
Donald Trump vs. Barack Obama

RAP BATTLE (Parody)

0 Replies

hightor

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 05:25 am
Man, 30, Dies After Attending a ‘Covid Party,’ Texas Hospital Says

“I thought this was a hoax,” the man told his nurse, a hospital official said.

nyt

lmur

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 06:11 am
@hightor,
That so-called 'nurse' is probably a Soros operative.
Frank Apisa

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 06:36 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Man, 30, Dies After Attending a ‘Covid Party,’ Texas Hospital Says

“I thought this was a hoax,” the man told his nurse, a hospital official said.

nyt

I suspect there have been MANY people who's last thoughts were, "I thought this was a hoax."

Trump, his enablers in congress, and his continuing supporters are all complicit in the nightmare we have made of this pandemic.

I never thought I would see the day when America would look the way it looks today.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 06:39 am
@lmur,
To quote my favourite pink poster

Quote:
They lied, he lied, they do not care what they say if it fits the narrative.
hightor

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 06:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I never thought I would see the day when America would look the way it looks today.

Neither did I — and, believe me, I've pictured a dystopian future for years. But I never imagined of lemming-like armies of red-hatted MAGAtards, Hawaiian-shirted boogaloo boys, and screaming Karens denouncing public health measures and trying to instigate a race war.

Let me check and see what the Constitution says, it has all the answers.
Wilso

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 06:54 am
What it’s like to have a real leader
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52961539?fbclid=IwAR1mSnBnku0YVw2Hc3Fs1je7iM6BY13aHIomfXHF32HspafTTYHD23LYaGM
lmur

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

To quote my favourite pink poster

Quote:
They lied, he lied, they do not care what they say if it fits the narrative.

Who's your second favourite?! Smile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:03 am
@Wilso,
You mean "What it's like to have an island with 5 million people who can live under an authoritarian rule."

Very few countries in the world would be able to emulate what New Zealand did and it will be interesting to see their economy a year from now.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:35 am
https://i.imgur.com/tpxXXPH.jpg

The American president’s son’s forthcoming book, Liberal Privilege, is subtitled "Joe Biden and the Democrat’s Defense of the Indefensible". Unless Trump Jr is referring to only one Democrat, then the apostrophe needs to shift one place to the right to make the title grammatically correct.

Scoop: Don Jr. plans convention-week Biden book
0 Replies