monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Tue 30 Jun, 2020 10:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
Israeli Jews are equally as indigenous, with the same five thousand year history.
MontereyJack

Tue 30 Jun, 2020 10:16 pm
@oralloy,
yep, which is why Palestinians have the right to live in all of what is now israel, in some sense more than most of the jewish israelis because they didn't go somewhere else for a couple thousand years.
oralloy

Tue 30 Jun, 2020 10:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
yep, which is why Palestinians have the right to live in all of what is now israel,

No such right. Palestinians have the right to have their own country in the region, but they don't have any right to prevent Israel from also existing in the region.

MontereyJack wrote:
in some sense more than most of the jewish israelis because they didn't go somewhere else for a couple thousand years.

Having had their land stolen from them does not deprive indigenous Israelis of their rights to that land.
MontereyJack

Tue 30 Jun, 2020 10:21 pm
@oralloy,
and their country is all of israel where they are indigenous keeping in mind that indigeneity isonly a criterion in your mind, not in international law.
oralloy

Tue 30 Jun, 2020 10:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. Palestinians do not have any right to take all the land and prevent Israel from existing.

I never said that indigeneity was a criterion for anything. I merely point out that Israeli Jews are part of the original indigenous population.

As far as international law is concerned, the Palestinians are required to end their perpetual war of annihilation and make peace with Israel.

Palestinian refusal to make peace means that Israel is going to keep the West Bank for themselves.

The Palestinians can make their state from the Gaza Strip alone IMO.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 30 Jun, 2020 11:30 pm
Quote:
Tucker Carlson Tonight is the Highest Rated Cable Television Show of All Time

There’s tremendous demand for Tucker’s rejection of mob authoritarian politics.

This guy makes a lot of sense and hates no one. Refreshing and truthful. People that watch talk to others and Carlson will send a lot of votes the Republican way. Not that they will tackle the tough problems, but Republicans are the country's only hope of staying the America. There is no choice.

Quote:

Fox News’ Tucker Carlson achieved the highest ever ratings for a cable television program in the second quarter of 2020, receiving an average of 4.331 million nightly viewers for Tucker Carlson Tonight.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/tucker-carlson-tonight-is-the-highest-rated-cable-television-show-of-all-time/
MontereyJack

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 01:06 am
@coldjoint,
So why the more tucker rants and raves and the more trump peddles his lies, the lower trump sinks and the higher biden polls.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 07:46 am
Trump decries Russian bounty reports as ‘fake news’ as his national security adviser says response options were prepared
Quote:
President Trump continued to insist Wednesday that reports that Russia was offering bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. military personnel in Afghanistan were “fake news” as his national security adviser disclosed that options had been drawn up to present to Trump on how to respond if the allegations were corroborated.

National security adviser Robert C. O’Brien reiterated during a television interview on Wednesday that national security officials decided not to present Trump with unverified intelligence regarding Russia’s purported plans but indicated that they took the situation seriously enough to prepare options for the president.

“If this eventually becomes something that’s proven, or something that we believe, we need to have options for the president to deal with the Russians,” O’Brien said during an appearance on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends.” “I can tell you this, if this information turned out to be true, and now we may never know, but if it turned out to be true, we had options ready to go, and the president was ready to take strong action, as he always is.”
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 09:44 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
So why the more tucker rants and raves

He doesn't rant and rave. He calmly explains exactly how much **** Progressives and Democrats are full of, and how their ideas will destroy this country.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 10:23 am
Trump’s Twitter feed reads like a local crime blotter as he stokes a culture war

I spent the day yesterday on my FB page. I am beginning to feel like a spy in a white power/Trumpie Club. All the crazy nut conspiracy theories Trump rants about and a lot of us dismissed as crazy stuff it is, is taken seriously in parts of red states like mine. Now I am talking about from people I used to consider nice enough but true republicans and some of them my own in-laws and close neighbors. It is dismaying and depressing and worst of all, I am scared Trump will get away with conning these dupes again and it just might work again despite Biden encouraging poll numbers.

On one such message, someone I am very close to was ranting about the evils of the Medical coverage covering mental illnesses. I couldn't believe it and decided for the sake of family I should not address her directly anymore after letting her know I was surprised at her. I saw more messages about "vandals" and "violent protestors" than I care to get into the nitty gritty again. I was going to delete my FB account again. But I am not going to let them win. So instead I will just post what I consider counter articles and videos and what not without replying directly to anyone. Or I may change my mind again. I get on FB to stay in touch my relatives (on my side) who live a good distance from me. I don't want to let the idiot Trump chumps drive me away from that.

Sorry for ranting myself. I just had some day yesterday. It all ended with me taking a ride with my husband in his new jeep out in the country side. It was nice. I kind of brought up with run ins and he said, that might explain why his sister didn't answer his phone call. After that we let it go.
coldjoint

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 10:42 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
I am scared Trump will get away with conning these dupes again and it just might work again despite Biden encouraging poll numbers.

You are projecting. You and anyone voting Democratic are the dupes. Trump is not stoking anything he is simply fighting back in a war he did not start.

The progressives love to dish it out but have trouble when it is their time to eat.

revelette1

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 10:50 am
@coldjoint,
If you consider it fighting back when retweets a video with a man chanting white power, there is no dealing with you.

Of course he didn't hear it. Rolling Eyes yeah

Those who destroyed public property knew they were breaking the law when they did it and must pay the price for it.

However, to focus the entire monuments debate down to those few incidents is just another out for you all closet racists' to be able to stop the movement of finally addressing an issue which should not have been allowed to happen in the first place. What other country celebrates the aggressors of a civil war against their own country? The confederates were actors of treason against the United States and should be remembered as such.
coldjoint

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 10:52 am
Quote:
Media Are Playing Games Yet Again With Anonymous Russia Leaks

Quote:
Watch nearly the entire corporate media establishment run wild with claims from completely anonymous sources in the intelligence community this week.

Funny how they can never find anyone with a name.
Quote:
This allegedly airtight intelligence was “briefed to President Trump,” and “officials” came up with ideas for potential responses, including a diplomatic complaint and sanctions, but the White House had yet to authorize anything. The intelligence, the reporters claimed, had been shared with the British government.

The anonymous leakers of the information, the reporters claimed, are totally certain that “Russian operatives” offered and paid bounties, but they have “greater uncertainty” about who authorized the plan. The reporters included some speculation about why such a bounty operation would be done. There was no speculation about the motivation of the leaking “officials.”

Let the president do his job.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/30/media-are-playing-games-yet-again-with-anonymous-russia-leaks/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:11 am
Trump said ‘experience’ was his edge over Biden. A new poll shows voters disagree by a remarkable margin.
Quote:
In an interview with Sean Hannity last week, President Trump was asked how he would contrast himself with Joe Biden in the 2020 election and what his second-term agenda would be. Trump offered nothing in the way of an agenda, but he did key on one thing: his “experience.”

“Well, one of the things that will be really great,” Trump replied. “You know, the word ‘experience’ is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I’ve always said that. But the word ‘experience’ is a very important word. It’s an — a very important meaning.”
[...]
The USA Today/Suffolk University poll asked whether people thought both Trump and Joe Biden had “the right experience to be president.” Just 37 percent said that was true of the incumbent, while an equally remarkable 67 percent said it was true of Biden.
[...]
https://i.imgur.com/GtY6j2J.jpg
And if you dig further into the numbers, you’ll see that even many who support Trump say he doesn’t have the right experience to be president. In a two-way matchup with Biden, Trump garners 41 percent to Biden’s 53 percent — the latest poll to show him with a double-digit deficit nationally. Among those who say they back Trump, though, only about 4 out of 5 (83 percent) say he has the right experience to be president, while 12 percent say he doesn’t (4 percent are undecided).

Independents also say overwhelmingly — 68 percent to 27 percent — that Trump doesn’t have the right experience.

https://i.imgur.com/96RQgBl.jpg

... ... ...

coldjoint

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:17 am
@revelette1,
Quote:

However, to focus the entire monuments debate down to those few incidents is just another out for you all closet racists'

I am not a closet racist because I am not a racist. And it has been more than a few incidents. You are a closet Communist who is coming out more each day.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Trump said ‘experience’ was his edge over Biden. A new poll shows voters disagree by a remarkable margin.

Please post this again when Trump wins in November.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:26 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Please post this again when Trump wins in November.

Quote:
A new poll shows voters disagree by a remarkable margin.

If then there's another USA Today/Suffolk University poll with these questions - I'll try to remember your kind wish.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:43 am
https://i1.wp.com/issuesinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/mrz063020_color.jpg?resize=1024%2C744&ssl=1
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:49 am
Quote:
Collapse Of Trust In Legacy Media Will Lead To Its Inevitable Demise

Quote:
An important consequence of the three-plus years the Deep State attacked President Donald Trump and his conservative base has been a complete loss of credibility for the legacy media. Mainstream news platforms have cannibalized themselves to placate fringe left movements and to enjoy the perceived value of sensation-driven stories that are often not newsworthy.

To borrow a phrase from Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, who previously served as the United States Global AIDS Coordinator for President Barack Obama, “There is nothing I can believe from these people.”

This loss of trust has reached the point of inexorable accountability, as mainstream media readership declines, and alternative news platforms spring up out of necessity. These days, readers must search out real news, while wading through propaganda and made-up scandals coming from the former “newspapers of record.”

Loss of readers means loss of advertisers and revenue, and ultimately profitability. This inevitably leads to bankruptcy. There has been no shortage of this eventuality in the media business, as newspapers, mainstream news websites, and magazines go under.

It is no secret that online advertising revenue has been steadily declining for years, making the competition for scarce advertising dollars all that more intense. The Chinese coronavirus pandemic has accelerated this trend. Some large advertisers have cut their budgets by more than half, while others are not paying for advertising at all during the COVID-19 crisis.

This decline in trust and readership highlights the competition for not only customers (readers and advertisers), but also equity and debt capital, which even the left is reluctant to sacrifice on failing media businesses.

In this environment, one would think that producing newsworthy, truthful content would be paramount for mainstream news organizations in order to harvest the lion’s share of shrinking dollars available. However, this has not been the case.

Instead, the legacy media has doubled down on ‘fake news’ with made up stories about the American president and his agenda. Dishonest business practices have institutionalized bad corporate citizenship and are continuing unabated.

Many Trump supporters have been dragged through the mud in the process, as well. For instance, the legacy media was complicit in escalating and weaponizing the Mueller probe and the Flynn prosecution. It is only now that Gen. Michael Flynn has been able to redeem himself.

The king of fake news is the Cable News Network, better known as CNN. Trump has rightly tweeted that due to CNN’s constant stream of “alternate facts,” its credibility, and ratings, have plummeted. Many analysts have stated that if not for the deep pockets of its parent — AT&T’s WarnerMedia — CNN would have long collapsed into financial oblivion.

One recent high-profile example of media being held accountable for publishing false stories is the settlement of the lawsuit filed by Nick Sandmann (the Catholic high school student who was defamed repeatedly by CNN) for an undisclosed amount.

Another example is the lawsuit against GawkerMedia, funded by technology magnate Peter Thiel, and brought by wrestling personality Hulk Hogan. After losing its appeals, Gawker and its founders were financially wiped out.

Companies can’t settle or lose lawsuits in perpetuity; they eventually go under.

Another pronounced example of a well-publicized legacy media implosion has been the 2020 bankruptcy of McClatchy, a publicly traded media holding company, which sought protection in the bankruptcy courts in order to shed pension liabilities and debt.

It seems the bankruptcy of McClatchy could at least be a by-product of stories it ran disguised as “news”, including articles about California Republican Rep. Devin Nunes that led to the congressman suing McClatchy.

In an interview with Nieman Labs, a Harvard-spawned media initiative, Lauren Gustus, director of McClatchy’s community funding initiative, explains that the Fresno Bee’s coverage of Nunes — the ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence — has driven interest in financially saving McClatchy as a company.

Gustus also notes that the newspaper’s recent coverage of Nunes “reframes our relationship with the community,” as the Breibart web site pointed out in a story that exposes McClatchy’s efforts to raise capital through questionable journalistic practices.

McClatchy also targeted major Republican donors with similar attacks.

For example, several years ago, its D.C. Bureau and other media properties attacked Yuri Vanetik, a major GOP fundraiser, with stories insinuating some ominous conspiracies regarding “Russia.” The paper made accusations about Vanetik’s ailing father, while also suggesting that Vanetik had ties with unsavory business people and politicians. Vanetik responded in the Wall Street Journal, exposing McClatchy’s reporting to be nothing more than a false smear campaign. McClatchy was forced to publish corrections but failed to remove the questionable stories.

The outcry by the staff at the New York Times after Sen. Tom Cotton wrote an opinion editorial supporting using military force on American soil against marauding looters and vandals shows how serious the lack of responsible journalism is in the legacy media universe. This can only lead to more financial failures in the sector as the public searches for a media paradigm it can trust.

The situation will likely come to a head as the presidential election approaches in November. The Department of Justice has announced enforcement action against big tech for putting its thumb on the scale of the race. Will the fake news media be next?

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/07/01/collapse-of-trust-in-legacy-media-will-lead-to-its-inevitable-demise/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 04:02 pm
Quote:
More evidence that most coronavirus cases are now weaker than the flu

Quote:
He noted that out of 2,231 tests the clinics have administered in June, although the positivity rate is at 20%, the “vast majority of the cases are mild to very mild symptoms.” He observed that most patients were in their 30s, most would not even have met the criteria for testing during the peak when kits were scarce, and that very few of them really need hospitalization. “Vast majority of the patients are better within 2-3 days of the visit and most would be described as having a cold (a mild one at that) or the symptoms related to allergies,” he said.

He further noted that half of them come in because they sneeze or cough and their employer makes them get tested.

Thus, ironically, the spike in hospitalizations now is because of the pervious lockdown, which they are now pushing again. As Dr. Robert Hancock of Texas College of Emergency Physicians said, “We saw just a rash of people that came in for relatively treatable conditions that had just waited to the point that it deteriorated. That’s kind of added to the ICU stress on top of just having the COVID-19 patients.”

Thus, what we are seeing in Texas and elsewhere is actually a fulfillment of what we all hoped for – a flattened curve of mild cases and hospitals that are able to handle severe cases, but ultimately few deaths. “Overall, based upon what we are seeing at our facilities, the above information is really more of a positive story,” wrote the emergency clinic executive to Berenson. “You have more people who are testing positive with minimal symptoms. This means that the fatality rate is less than commonly reported.”

This is perhaps why hospital officials in Texas, whose profession has typically led the charge in panic peddling since March, are actually warning the public that they are being misled with illusory data.

Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom complained that the data is “being misinterpreted” “and, quite frankly, we’re concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now.”

The media is fearmongering again. We get the number of cases, not the details this article reveals. This is killing small business and our economy. Demand the truth not the hype. The media is so corrupt and a willing partner in hiding that truth with Democrats and progressives who give not one **** about this country or its citizens.
https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-evidence-coronavirus-cases-now-weaker-flu/
0 Replies