monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 05:02 am
@hightor,
I don't know about shunning Russia diplomatically. Diplomacy can prevent misunderstanding and war.

Personally I'd like to dramatically increase the number of NATO nuclear weapons in Germany. But there is something to be said for moving the bulk of our conventional forces east into Poland instead of keeping them in Germany.

And what a fine mind it is. (The nuclear war comment was sarcasm.)

Note to any ESL readers: My putting an entire sentence within parentheses is improper grammar.
lmur

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 05:26 am
@hightor,
**** knows what happened in those private meetings without aides.
oralloy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:07 am
@lmur,
The President knows. And he's the one who needs to know.
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:07 am
@goldberg,
Guys, a poor Chinese lass reportedly just killed herself by burning down her own body. And her Chinese boyfriend, who's an online celeb who has lots of followers on TikTok's Chinese version, Douyin, tweeted that he is innocent despite having cussed this pregnant girl when they were talking via Weixin, which is China's answer to Twitter.

Told that his girlfriend had killed herself, this Chinese man explained away his brutality by arguing that he had to part with her days ago after realizing that they" have different personalities".

Really? Then why did this man have sex with this poor girl and even knock her up?

I think it's time for America to ban TikTok since TikTok is just a pigsty teeming with such skunks and berks. We can't have such short video apps ruining America's future.

It's time to ban TikTok before more girls become the victims of social decadence. Likewise, there is no reason for a girl to flip over a Youtuber. America needs more world-class novelists, scientists and techies, not a lot of crass Youtubers, pranksters, and rappers.
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:11 am
@oralloy,
Trump killed that Chinese girl as well. She wouldn't have met that bad guy if TikTok had been banned.

0 Replies

goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:12 am
@goldberg,
This poor girl's just 20 years old.
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:17 am
@goldberg,
She's said to have left a message saying" Sorry, I shouldn't have been born." before she killed herself.

I think it's a line from a Japanese flick featuring a hapless woman who also decides to end her life after being jilted by her boyfriend.

This Chinese girl may have been drinking wine.
0 Replies

goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:25 am
@oralloy,
America is still wary of all the fascists living in Germany as well as potential Muslim terrorists who have been flocking to settle down in Germany.

Trump will leave America in a tight spot if he wants to move more troops out of Germany.

Don't forget that Russia is still a threat .
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:37 am
@goldberg,
Some local girls are said to have been raped by such Muslim immigrants. America's presence in this region is critical for America's allies in Europe, insomuch as Europe has scads of Muslim hardliners wanting to take over Europe.

Which means America has more than one enemy in Europe. Hungary’s Viktor Orbán and Turkey’s President Erdoğan don't mind getting chummy with America's foes at all.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:38 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
America is still wary of all the fascists living in Germany as well as potential Muslim terrorists who have been flocking to settle down in Germany.
Really? Why don't we get the list of those Fascists and terrorists to get them prosecuted?
jcboy

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I thing he's drunk, he's been talking to himself all morning Razz
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Because they are mostly under-the-ground rebels. Japan also has such militants hiding everywhere. Such right-wing radicals want to wage war with other Asian nations, particularly China and South Korea. That's why America has to keep its armed forces there as well.
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:44 am
@jcboy,
Nope. I'm just feeling upset. Just read an article about a Chinese girl who killed herself hours ago.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:55 am
@goldberg,
Just to understand your response: the US forces are in Germany to battle the Fascists and Muslim terrorists here?
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Nope. The first enemy is still Russia
0 Replies

goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Beyond that, it doesn't hurt to play it safe You know there are grounds to think that this planet still has reams of fervent fans of Hilter in Europe or even in Asia and America.
izzythepush

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 07:02 am
@goldberg,
What about America?

They were waving swastikas while marching through Charlottesville.

With Trump in the Whitehouse you’ve got a real brass neck warning about the rise of Nazis over here.
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 07:06 am
@izzythepush,
Trump may be able to rock the boat, dude. Yet he still doesn't have the ability to sink the boat. You know Congress won't allow him to keep giving Europe the go-by even he gets reelected.

America and its allies still have some shared goals.
goldberg

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 07:07 am
@izzythepush,
You should ask cold this question. Some far-right conservatives still adore Nazi.
izzythepush

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 07:08 am
@goldberg,
And how is that different from Europe?

For someone who reads European publications you seem remarkably ignorant of what is going on over here.