monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:13 pm
Quote:
Trump rally gives Fox News largest Saturday night audience in its history

Quote:
President Trump’s rally on Saturday attracted a record-setting audience on TV despite the smaller-than-expected crowd in attendance at the Tulsa, Okla., event.

A whopping 7.7 million total viewers tuned into Fox News from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. EDT during Trump’s remarks, making it the most watched Saturday in the network’s history during that time period, according to early Nielsen data.

Trump’s rally also gave Fox News its largest Saturday night primetime audience ever from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Hardly a failed rally.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-rally-gives-fox-news-largest-saturday-night-audience-in-history
farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:48 pm
@coldjoint,
wow, he really must be at wits end to come up with shoddy self created dis-information like this.
Has he gone totally bat-**** in front of our eyes??
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:48 pm
Quote:
Get Your Woke Hands Off My Bookshelf

Calls to decolonize one’s bookshelf are nothing but a polite (and sometimes not so polite) alternative to book-burning.

Quote:
The effort to decolonize our bookshelves is one more instance where the totalitarian impulse of the progressive Left is laid bare. The destruction and defacement of statues is an attempt to police public memory and the experience of public space. But my books, my reading, is a private affair. No one needs to be triggered by the bookshelves in my home. If anyone is, he can leave. Calls to decolonize one’s bookshelf are nothing but a polite (and sometimes not so polite) alternative to book-burning. By restricting what I read, these Jacobins seek to control what I think: they seek to colonize my mind with their values, their prejudices, their ethics. They seek to erase history to control the future. Don’t let them.

Bigotry against ideas is the worst kind of bigotry. The Left are the worst kind of bigots.
https://amgreatness.com/2020/06/21/get-your-woke-hands-off-my-bookshelf/?utm_source=whatfinger
farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:53 pm
@coldjoint,
Fox developed huge audiences as a result of other large national disasters.
When Katrina hit us. Fox and CNN had to fight off sponsors .

Are you sure they didnt mean Saturday Night Live??
coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:58 pm
Quote:
What’s Inside Grassley’s Letter Demanding More About Deep State Role In Spygate

It is not going away. There is still much more about this scandal to come out.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/22/whats-inside-grassleys-letter-demanding-more-on-deep-states-role-in-spygate/
coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:00 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Are you sure they didnt mean Saturday Night Live??

Gutfield does better than SNL.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:02 pm
@coldjoint,
sounds like another coupla douche bag teachers being believed by another bunch of douche bag Right wingers, and an internet fight ensues in an attempt to make it sound like a movement.

0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:09 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
It is not going away.
Im sure Mr Trump would like to see something raise its three horned countenance , but he oughta tell his dogs to go after Biden, not Obama. We all know its just disinformation and Bullshit being whipped up by a scared shitless candidate who's afraid he will be wearing orange into his coffin
farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:09 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
It is not going away.
Im sure Mr Trump would like to see something raise its three horned countenance , but he oughta tell his dogs to go after Biden, not Obama. We all know its just disinformation and Bullshit being whipped up by a scared shitless candidate who's afraid he will be wearing orange into his coffin
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:15 pm
Twitter time.
Quote:
Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
·
Jun 20
Yale University was named for Elihu Yale. Not just a man who had slaves. An actual slave trader. I call on @Yale
to change it’s name immediately and strip the name of Yale from every building, piece of paper, and merchandise. Otherwise, they hate black people. #CancelYale

Yale has to go. Should we burn down the whole university or just the administration building?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:18 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
We all know its just disinformation

Then it is documented disinformation from the Obama administration. It is the information they supplied that proves a lot of what Trump says.
farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:45 pm
@coldjoint,
is this disinformation or misinformation? Im always confused about that.
coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:48 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
is this disinformation or misinformation

When it comes from Obama administration how could it possibly be one of those things? They hung themselves.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:48 pm
@coldjoint,

Yes, the rally was a failure. It showed the flaws in the system and should be a learning experience for both parties going into election season.

What's odd to me is the association of a tv/media audience translates into votes on Election Day. I watched Trump's speech on Fox - all TWO AND ONE HALF HOURS of excruciating nothingness. Filled with blame and insults and excuses. I am truly thankful I really wasn't paying too close attention to it.

To tout that as a success means Trump doesn't have a feel for much of anything & needs to come up with a better plan. Maybe fire a few more dozen people... That, it seems, he knows how to do quite effectively.
coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:57 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Yes, the rally was a failure.

That means nothing.
neptuneblue

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:02 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Hardly a failed rally.

coldjoint wrote:
That means nothing.

Apparently, it does. Make up your mind!
oralloy

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:22 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Yes, the rally was a failure.

What does that even mean?

It was a rally. The President showed up and gave a speech.

neptuneblue wrote:
I watched Trump's speech on Fox - all TWO AND ONE HALF HOURS of excruciating nothingness.

I don't bother listening to political speeches anymore. Not from presidents of either party.

That's not meant as a slight against Mr. Trump's speeches. I didn't pay any attention to Mr. Obama's speeches either.

I remember that I watched State of the Union speeches when I was younger. I don't even remember when I stopped.
neptuneblue

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:33 pm
@oralloy,
Again, Trump touted a MILLION people signed up but only 6200 showed. That a failure to know basic logistics. No matter how that is sliced. that's a failure.

It's good to know you don't pay attention and choose to stay ignorant of what our own President says and does. It makes laughing at both of you so much easier.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:34 pm
@neptuneblue,

Quote:
Apparently, it does. Make up your mind!

I meant your opinion and the opinion of propagandists means nothing.
neptuneblue

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:44 pm
@coldjoint,
Oh.

So let me see if I have this correctly.

You posted snippets that suggested Trump's rally wasn't a failure on a thread that has opportunities for others to respond. Then, you claim my response doesn't matter, And THEN, you keep responding.

Yes, I do believe my opinion matters. Maybe not to you, but I am confident yours doesn't matter to me either.

So, we are back to the starting point.