monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:23 pm
@coldjoint,
uh, you're the one glorifying traitors to America, not me.
goldberg

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:28 pm
@coldjoint,
Just go back to Russia.
oralloy

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
and nonsensically usually.

Don't be silly. You cannot point out nonsense in any of my posts.

I'm guessing you're going to give up on the Israel bashing for now? Sound move.
oralloy

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
uh, you're the one glorifying traitors to America, not me.

Anti-South bigotry is just as ugly as anti-Israel bigotry.
0 Replies

goldberg

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:30 pm
@oralloy,
It has been confirmed that lots of Russian spooks have been hired by Putin's troll farms. You are one of them.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
you're the one glorifying traitors to America,

When have I glorified Obama? When have I glorified Comey? When have I glorified Killary? When have I glorified AOC? When have I glorified Omar? When have I glorified the media?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:40 pm
@coldjoint,
Trump's approval rating is 38%, which means that 62% of the electorate loves America.
goldberg

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:43 pm
@coldjoint,
Let's face it, the whole thing is just a scheme cooked up by Trump and Russia, with a view to tearing America apart. In so doing, you pit non-black people against black people and stoke hatred in America. It has nothing to do with the Confederate flag . The rioters who burned such flags and took down statues of Confederate leaders are mostly white, not black.

Nancy Pelosi is too old to figure it out.

Far-right activists and some foreign agents just want to create another civil war in America in the name of protecting the BLM movement
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Trump's approval rating is 38%, which means that 62% of the electorate loves America.

About five generations have been brainwashed to a extent that the situation we are in now is possible. It it not American to hate people for political reasons. That is what Communists do. It is not American to censor free speech. Communists do that. It is not American to have thugs rule the streets. Communists do that because they are Communist thugs.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:52 pm
Hey boichik ...

поцелуй меня в задницу, товарищ
0 Replies

goldberg

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:52 pm
@goldberg,
This is coldjoint live from the bunker for Fox News
coldjoint

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:13 pm
@goldberg,
Quote:
This is coldjoint live from the bunker for Fox News

You can tell the truth standing on your head. If you are capable. It does not matter how you hear it or where it comes from if it is the truth.

My post was the truth.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:19 pm
Quote:
Joy Reid, Don Lemon "Putting More Poison In The Black Community Than Any Drug Dealer"

Quote:
RAYNARD JACKSON: My name is Raynard Jackson. Thank you, Mr. President, and thank you, Darrell, for inviting us to this roundtable here. I'm from St. Louis originally, live here in Virginia. But what I'd like to say to you, Mr. President, is kind of off the beaten path.

I like to say to all the media assembled here, that I wish they would quit lying about what you’ve done specifically for the black community. So you got radical liberal journalists like Joy Reid from MSNBC, Don Lemon from CNN, Roland Martin, who are putting more poison into the black community than any drug dealer, who are killing more black folks that any white person with a sheet over their face. How they doing it? Spreading lies about the economy you have Mr. President before the virus was a continuation of Obama. That’s factually not true.

I have a degree in accounting. I keep up with the economy. They're lying. So to all these folks on MSNBC, CNN, Roland Martin, what are you afraid to have real black Republicans who know what the hell they're talking about? If you want to know the truth, if you want us to dissect the Obama economy, let's do it, and I think Mr. President, your record would win the debate. Thank you.

Spot on. Why didn't NBC report on this?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/10/raynard_jackson_to_trump_joy_reid_don_lemon_putting_more_poison_in_the_black_community_than_any_drug_dealer.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:24 pm
‘I should not have been there,’ General Milley says about the Trump photo op.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/politics/trump-milley-military-protests-lafayette-square.html

‘It Was a Mistake,’ Milley Says of Participating in Trump Photo Op
Gen. Mark A. Milley, the top military official in the United States, apologized for his role in President Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square after the authorities used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear peaceful protesters.

As senior leaders, everything you do will be closely watched, and I am not immune. As many of you saw the result of the photograph of me at Lafayette Square last week, that sparked a national debate about the role of the military in civil society. I should not have been there. My presence in that moment, and in that environment, created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics. As a commissioned uniformed officer, it was a mistake that I have learned from and I sincerely hope we all can learn from it. We who wear the cloth of our nation come from the people of our nation, and we must hold dear the principle of an apolitical military that is so deeply rooted in the very essence of our republic.

0:48‘It Was a Mistake,’ Milley Says of Participating in Trump Photo Op
Gen. Mark A. Milley, the top military official in the United States, apologized for his role in President Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square after the authorities used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear peaceful protesters.CreditCredit...T.J. Kirkpatrick for The New York Times

The country’s top military official apologized on Thursday for taking part in President Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square for a photo op after authorities used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear the area near the White House of peaceful protesters.

“I should not have been there,” Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a prerecorded video commencement address to National Defense University, reports Helene Cooper. “My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

His first public remarks since Mr. Trump’s photo op, in which federal authorities attacked peaceful protesters so that the president could hold up a Bible in front of St. John’s Church, are certain to anger the White House. Mr. Trump has spent the days since the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis taking increasingly tougher stances against the growing movement for change across the country.

On Wednesday, the president picked another fight with the military, slapping down the Pentagon for considering renaming Army bases named after Confederate officers who fought against the Union in the Civil War.

The back and forth between Mr. Trump and the Pentagon in recent days is evidence of the deepest civil-military divide since the Vietnam War — except this time, military leaders, after halting steps in the beginning, are now positioning themselves firmly with those calling for change.

Mr. Trump’s walk across Lafayette Square, current and former military leaders say, has sparked a critical moment of reckoning in the military.

“As a commissioned uniformed officer, it was a mistake that I have learned from,” General Milley said. He said he had been angry about “the senseless and brutal killing of George Floyd,” and repeated his opposition to Mr. Trump’s suggestions that federal troops be deployed nationwide to quell protests.

General Milley’s friends said that for the past 10 days, he had been agonized about appearing — in the combat fatigues he wears every day to work — behind Mr. Trump during the walk across Lafayette Square, an act that critics said gave a stamp of military approval to the hard-line tactics used to clear the protesters.

The general believed that he was accompanying Mr. Trump and his entourage to review National Guard troops and other law enforcement personnel outside Lafayette Square, Defense Department officials said.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:13 pm
https://www.bing.com/images/blob?bcid=TpZc0ie1iG0BqxcxoNWLuD9SqbotqVTdP0w
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:16 pm
https://www.cdn-liker.com/uploads/large_images/5ee2222eb1af1.jpg
Olivier5

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 12:07 am
@oralloy,
Once again, whether you can ’justify’ yourself to yourself is not verifiable by me. I am vaguely aware that in your mind you are ‘justified’, but can’t actually verify that. Maybe you know very well that you are lying all the time, and therefore you are not even ‘justified’ in your own mind.

What I know and can easily verify on a2k is that you cannot (usually) justify yourself to others. You most often manage to convince yourself only, and not others.

Let’s take a random example, now that you are a bit more familiar with the concept of verifiable fact. Can you pick among your posts one that contains a verifiable fact? Then we will try to see how anyone could verify it independently. Best to chose something I might object to of course, otherwise it’s trivial.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 12:22 am
G.O.P. Platform, Rolled Over From 2016, Condemns the ‘Current President’
Quote:
After the Republican National Committee kept outdated language from four years ago, when Barack Obama was still president, the party’s platform includes more than three dozen unflattering references to those in power at the White House.

“The survival of the internet as we know it is at risk,” the platform reads. “Its gravest peril originates in the White House, the current occupant of which has launched a campaign, both at home and internationally, to subjugate it to agents of government.”

The warning about speech online is one of more than three dozen unflattering references to either the “current president,” “current chief executive,” “current administration,” people “currently in control” of policy, or the “current occupant” of the White House that appear in the Republican platform. Adopted at the party’s 2016 convention, it has been carried over through 2024 after the executive committee of the Republican National Committee on Wednesday chose not to adopt a new platform for 2020.
... ... ...

Republican Platform
roger

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 12:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for the summary. It looked good, but you know I'm not going to read 56 pages - especially on a monitor.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 12:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That’s a great example of: even a broken clock is right twice a day.
0 Replies