monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:25 pm
@coldjoint,
I know you are searching to make a point here, so why not just make it and be done.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:25 pm
Quote:
Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper made the decision to disarm the guard without consulting the White House,

Fire his useless ass.
farmerman

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Kinda like Nixon in his sunet days.
"If he sounds like hes got his finger on the button, call me first"
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:33 pm
Quote:
Lefties Call for Banning Cop Shows

Cop shows appeal to men. That has a lot to do with this call for banning these shows. Emasculation has been in the works for 50 years.

Cop shows make the networks a lot of money. What do you bet they take the money like any hypocrite would do.

https://bluntforcetruth.com/news/lefties-call-for-banning-cop-shows/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:38 pm
Quote:
LeBron James Blasts Drew Brees for Criticizing Anthem Protests, Silent as Hong Kong Criminalizes Disrespect for Chinese Anthem

Oh look, another hypocrite! It has to be a requirement for left leaning people.
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/06/04/lebron-james-blastss-drew-brees-criticizing-anthem-protests-silent-hong-kong-criminalizes-disrespect-chinese-anthem/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:47 pm
@oralloy,

Quote:
Threads are closed down by your personal attacks against people,

The "Progressive" thread was shut down when I replied to a Blatham post. Both posts have been removed. End of story.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:49 pm
@coldjoint,
Apparently a majoriity of people in the US dont buy your line of crap . Trump is a felon and a Tv watching poltroon
oralloy

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:57 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper made the decision to disarm the guard without consulting the White House,

Fire his useless ass.

I concur.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:58 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Apparently a majoriity of people in the US dont buy your line of crap

The majority want to defund the police and want a president out guessed by bureaucrats? I doubt it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
Don't be silly. Mr. Trump isn't a felon.

I don't follow sports. But if I had any idea what was being talked about, I'm sure I'd agree with Coldjoint.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:42 pm
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-05/temecula-mayor-resigns-after-backlash-over-email-about-police-killings

Temecula mayor resigns after backlash over email about police killings

By Stephanie Lai
June 5, 2020
7:32 AM
TEMECULA —

Temecula Mayor James “Stew” Stewart resigned Thursday evening amid backlash over an email he wrote about police killings that went viral.

On Tuesday, a resident requested information regarding Stewart’s plans to end police violence and racial policing in the community, stating, “This issue is very important to me and my family.”

Stewart’s email response was posted online, sparking controversy among residents. The 11:02 p.m. reply stated: “I don’t believe any good person of color has been killed by police.” He went on to say that he had several African American friends, which sparked outrage on social media.

Stewart’s publicly responded to the backlash his email generated, stating the message was sent over voice-text and that he did not proofread what was recorded. He said he meant that no person of color was murdered by police in Temecula or Riverside County.

On Facebook, Stewart’s said that because of his dyslexia, he uses voice texting. He said that he did not proofread the message that he had sent out, which Stewart insisted came out wrong.

“I absolutely did not say that. What I said is and I don’t believe there has ever been a person of color murdered by police, on context to Temecula or Riverside county,” he wrote in the post. “I absolutely did not say ‘good’ I have no idea how that popped up.”

Stewart asked for forgiveness for “this egregious error” and added that “as you can see by the second half of the statement racism is not tolerated at any level in the city or the county.”

Critics were quick to respond to his apology, citing the 1998 death of Tyisha Miller, a 19-year-old black woman who was killed by police as she sat in her car at a Riverside gas station.

Hannah de la Cruz, a 33-year-old resident, called Stewart’s response to the email passive and disrespectful.

“After all the events that have transpired, the words our elected officials use are even more important,” De la Cruz said. “I do agree with him resigning. It’s the very least he owes us.”

Some residents — such as Jennifer Evans, a 39-year-old legal assistant who has lived in the city for two years — were disappointed in Stewart’s resignation.

“Not only are we losing a mayor that has proven he loves his community, but our safe haven has become polarized due to these events,” Evans said.

Kevin Willis, a 35-year-old resident and president of Veterans Advocacy Associates, said Stewart is an example of a “good, community-oriented citizen.” Willis said he believed the situation was blown out of proportion.

“Not to discount the real raw emotions that we are experiencing in society at the moment, we need to be careful not to let the people who are trying to better society get rounded up with the bad actors who are the true problem,” Willis said.

Stewart said he was hurt by citizens who do not know him personally labeling him as racist.

“It was incredibly horrible timing, but at the same time, I need to protect the city too,” he said in an interview. “With the massive protest [on Friday], this could cause the city much more harm and focus on the city that doesn’t belong there, so I figured I’d just resign.”

Stewart has lived in Temecula for 29 years and operates a chain of barbershops in Murrieta and Temecula. He was vocal about reopening businesses in the city amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

He was formerly an elected Member of Rancho California Water District from 2011 to 2015, and is involved in numerous community service organizations. In 2012 and 2015, he served as the president of the Old Town Rotary club.

Stewart took to Facebook, one of his main forms of communication with residents, to announce his resignation and apologize for his “off-the-cuff response to an email on a serious topic.” Stewart was elected to the City Council in 2016 and began serving as mayor this year.

“My whole goal was to bring the council to the people. I was always on Facebook, always communicating with the residents about what was happening — the good, the bad and the indifferent,” he said.

Councilman Matt Rahn said that his time working with Stewart was relatively positive and that Stewart’s presence helped the council reach equitable decisions. However, Rahn said he was “very critical” of what he called Stewart’s casual language and style of shooting from the hip on consequential issues during his time as mayor.

“City business should not be done on social media. That’s why we have city meetings,” Rahn said. “Being a mayor or any elected official demands a level of care that lets people know they are being heard.”

Rahn said Stewart’s comments in the viral email did not reflect the thoughts of the city or the City Council.

“It was unacceptable, and frankly our city deserves better,” Rahn said.

Mayor Pro Tem Maryann Edwards said in a statement: “Stew is a hard-working and honest man. Temecula is poised to close this chapter and continue our long-term commitment to preventing racial injustice in any form.”
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:44 pm
The NYT has a piece up on the lady who is in charge of health here in BC and how she's really aced the responsibilities of the post here
bobsal u1553115

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:46 pm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cyclist-girl-george-floyd-maryland_n_5eda1e6dc5b6debb3669babf

Police Hunt Cyclist In Assault On Child Posting George Floyd Protest Sign
Viral video shows the man violently yanking the girl’s arm on a park trail linking Washington, D.C., and suburban Maryland.
headshot
By Ron Dicker

Police in Maryland said Friday they are investigating a “good lead” to identify a bicyclist seen in viral video assaulting a girl who reportedly was putting up signs protesting the police killing of George Floyd. The cyclist also appeared to attack a man who took the video. (See the video below.)

“We’re working on a good lead and I’m confident it’s a good one,” Detective Crystal Lopez of the Maryland-National Capital Park Police told HuffPost.

We are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the below individual in reference to an assault that took place this morning on the Capital Creacent trail. Please contact Det. Lopez at 301-929-2774 with any information. Pease reference case number 20001297. pic.twitter.com/EtC9Q0xBOp
— Park Police MC (@ParkPolice) June 2, 2020

The video, taken earlier this week on the Capital Crescent Trail linking Washington and Bethesda, Maryland, shows the helmeted man off his bicycle approaching a woman.

“Get away from me!” she yells.

He then rushes toward what appears to be a young girl as the woman and the man taking the video urge the cyclist not to touch her and leave.

The cyclist seems to forcefully grab the girl’s arm, wrests something from her and mutters an expletive.

He then rushes at the man, who tumbles to the ground, dropping the camera.

“He runs it into me and pins me to the ground,” the man, who asked that his name not be used, said, per NBC in Washington.

“You want it? I’ll give it to you,” the alleged victim can be heard saying to the cyclist.

They were putting up signs to commemorate the death of George Floyd. He wasn’t having it. pic.twitter.com/eukrXrxoLN
— Victor Stoddard (@VicStoddard) June 4, 2020

Online speculation about the cyclist’s identity followed.

In a tweet Thursday night, the Maryland-National Capital Park Police encouraged people to “keep the tips coming.”

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:51 pm
@farmerman,
He gives bad name to poltroons everywhere. My facebook name is Boojy Poltroon.
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:51 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
The NYT

Quote:
The Fascist New York Times

Quote:
Nothing has changed since January 20, 2017. If it touches Trump, it's "fascist" to the actual fascists at The New York Times. A fine bit of gaslighting, I'd say.

Another way of saying the paper lies through its teeth, daily.
Quote:
It also resulted in Michelle Goldberg penning an anti-Cotton diatribe in the same pages, titled “Tom Cotton’s Fascist Op-Ed.” This leads to a certain question being raised in my mind: if the NYT chose the topic, exercised editorial control over the content, wrote the headline, and in general followed a time-honored editorial procedure in the decision to publish Cotton’s piece, doesn’t that make The New York Times fascist?

Going further, nothing in Sen. Cotton’s original essay is false, or even asserted to be false, or propaganda. For example, Cotton wrote on Wednesday:

https://theresurgent.com/2020/06/05/the-fascist-new-york-times/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
He gives bad name to poltroons everywhere. My facebook name is Boojy Poltroon.

Why don't you start a thread about your life, and spare us the details here.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:58 pm
@blatham,
That's what I like. A brief post followed by a link for those who are interested. Not that I'm going to pay the NYT to see it. . . .
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 08:17 pm
https://abcnews.go.com/US/cyclist-assaults-george-floyd-activists-posting-flyers-park/story?id=71080297

Cops arrest cyclist for allegedly assaulting George Floyd activists who were posting flyers in park

The suspect was recorded assaulting and cursing at a young woman.
By
Ivan Pereira
and
Luke Barr
June 5, 2020, 8:48 PM

Police arrested a cyclist Friday who was allegedly caught on video assaulting and cursing at activists who were posting flyers in support of George Floyd earlier this week.

Anthony Brennan III, 60, of Kensington, Maryland, surrendered to police Friday and was charged with three counts of second-degree assault for the incident that took place Monday on Capital Crescent Trail, according to the Maryland-National Capital Park Police.

The three young adults, two women and a man, were posting flyers in the park promoting justice for Floyd that read, "Killer Cops Will Not Go Free," when Brennan confronted them, according to the police.

The Maryland-National Capital Park Police are searching for a man wanted in an alleged assault that happened on the Capital Crescent Trail in Montgomery County on June 1, 2020.

He was videotaped approaching one of the women, despite cries from a second woman to stay away, and forcefully grabbed the flyer from the woman's hands.

The man filming is heard shouting, "Hey, leave her alone," as the suspect approaches the woman. The other woman, off camera, shouts, "Do not touch her," but Brennan rips the flyers out of her hands anyway. They plead with him "to just walk away," but he then went after the man who filmed the incident.

After cursing at the group, the Brennan took his bike and rammed the man who filmed the encounter, before shouting at him to take the signs down.

No one was seriously hurt.

The Maryland-National Capital Park Police are searching for a man wanted in an alleged assault that happened on the Capital Crescent Trail in Montgomery County on June 1, 2020.

Investigators said they received several tips from the public since the video was circulated and talked with Brennan and his attorney Friday morning. He allowed police to search his home and they collected "items of evidentiary value," before serving him with an arrest warrant.

"The Maryland-National Capital Park Police appreciates the courage and civic engagement of the victims who came forward in this matter," the police said in a statement. "We thank the community for the abundance of tips and information shared."
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 08:18 pm
Twitter time. Obama says, no, his brother says.

Quote:
@ObamaMalik
OMG! WTH! Can you imagine ⁦@JoeBiden
⁩ being @POTUS
? He can’t answer a simple question or make a simple statement even with the help of the idiots at ⁦@TheView
⁩!Did u catch some of their faces.They can’t believe it either #JoesNotSorry #WalkAway
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 08:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Police arrested a cyclist Friday who was allegedly caught on video assaulting and cursing at activists who were posting flyers in support of George Floyd earlier this week.

Funny, they have a lot of looters on video. Would ABC cover that story if police start arresting them? More blatant hypocrisy, police good, police bad.

Bobsal said he would no longer respond, so, anyone?
0 Replies