monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 03:18 pm
@justaguy2,
justaguy2 wrote:
But you're having a big problem with logic though. In fact, you seem to be having a lot of trouble finding anything even remotely resembling logic...

His logic is just fine. That's why he can provide logical arguments instead of resorting to childish name-calling like you do.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 03:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
I believe the military will not support Trumps attempted coup. And they're making their decision known.

Mr. Trump is not attempting a coup.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 03:32 pm
That first steep decline in welfare expenditures happens one year into Gerald Ford's term. And the divide begins in earnest a year into Reagan's first term. What strikes me as notable, aside from this clear period time where a dramatic change began, is how consistent the two trends are through to the present. So whether the change arose as a consequence of, say, the Powell Memo or it in combination with establishment/corporate moves to repress social changes that arose in the previous decade, there appears to be little question that anti welfare-state ism became the dominant political arrangement in the US.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZcASdcU4AA-0OP?format=jpg&name=small
MontereyJack

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 03:59 pm
@Builder,
no hearing no grounds.
MontereyJack

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:01 pm
@oralloy,
you engage in childish name calling too tarring eith a considetably broader brush and wrongly.
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:28 pm
Defund Democrats
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/image-4.png
oralloy

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:35 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Defund Democrats

Yes. Take their money and give it to their victims.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
you engage in childish name calling too

The only times I've ever engaged in childish name-calling was equal and proportionate retaliation for childish name-calling that was directed at me first.

MontereyJack wrote:
tarring with a considerably broader brush and wrongly.

You cannot provide any example of me ever accusing anyone wrongly.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:37 pm
@blatham,
But, but . . . guns, bullets, tanks, missiles, jet fighters. We need them to protect the slav . . . er, colored folk . . . (what? really, then what do you call 'em?) . . . the blacks in their quaint, retro neighborhoods.
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:44 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
But, but . . . guns, bullets, tanks, missiles, jet fighters. We need them to protect the slav . . . er, colored folk . . . (what? really, then what do you call 'em?) . . . the blacks in their quaint, retro neighborhoods.

Gasoline for the fire? This not a racist country. It is the best country in the world if you are a minority. Why burn down your best chance?
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The right-wing scum bags, the III%ers and the boogaloos are getting antsy, they want the race war to get going.
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:48 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The right-wing scum bags,

Are vastly outnumbered by the left wing scum bags. But the left wing scumbags are vastly outnumbered by law abiding citizens of all colors who will defend themselves and their families. They are going to lose.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:53 pm
@Setanta,
All the time we spent keeping track of skinheads, and then Atomwaffen - somehow these other crazies popped up. They definately seem to have much better organization and seem trained in tactical method and have a strong strategic leadership.

At the same time there a race war seems so impossible and improbable. I'm not sure what to think about them. But they are armed, the y seem to have strong central planning. Outside powers at work? Something just to create instability more than a destination?
RABEL222

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:57 pm
I think if the race war comes racists are going to be surprised at how many whites side against people like cj and his clones. U.N.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 05:01 pm
@RABEL222,
I think it'll be more Beer Hall Putsch than a race war.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 05:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I doubt that it is outside powers involved. Keep in mind that the slave owners were able to organize an apparently sophisticated army in a short period of time. However, that was more apparent than real. For example, St. Robert Lee was a natural campaigner, and so long as his opponents were overawed by him, he was able to dominate the battlefields and impose his will. But that was just superficial. Deep down, he was hopelessly incompetent. His staff work was not poor, it was nonexistent. People say staff work and immediately think of a bunch of fat boys in a room or a tent somewhere, playing games in a map exercise. But in real warfare, staff officers are active officers who scout the enemies positions, who lead troops to their "jump off" lines, who report the course of the battle to their commander and keep him in touch. Lee ought to have known that, because he made his reputation in Winfield Scott's invasion 0f Mexico as Scott's chief staff engineer. That meant that he spent all day in the brush near the Mexican line at Cerro Gordo, and the next morning, lead Wool's division to a position on the Mexican left flank, from which Wool was able to roll up the Mexican line. As Scott continued west, Lee found a path around the Mexican army at Puebla, and they were forced to retreat without fighting. Scott's army came out southeast of Mexico City, and Lee spent a day and a night in drenching rain finding a path through the Pedeegral, an ancient lave field south of the city. The next morning, the Mexicans found the Americans attacking them southwest of the city. After that, it was just a matter of days until the city fell.

So Lee should have known, right? Apparently not. Initially, he was in command in western Virginia, where his staff consisted of an inexperience major and a freshly minted lieutenant. After that, the southern soldiers called him "Granny Lee." He had started his career as an engineer, so Davis sent him to build up the defenses of the southern, east-facing coast. He made white men dig, so they called him "the King of Spades." His one great trait was audacity. When Joe Johnston was wounded fighting McClellan's army east of Richmond, Davis put Lee in command. His plan, really the only available option, was to attack the U.S. Army. For the purpose, he brought Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson and his Army of the Valley to Richmond. Jackson would command about a third of the available combat troops. He arrived, per orders, and began marching south. He was supposed to link up with Branch's brigade, which never happened. (Branch later said no one had told him.) Lee had provided no maps, and no guides. Jackson had a topographical engineer, Jedediah Hotchkiss, but he was not present. A. P. "Little Powell" Hill had begun the attacks early, without orders. He not only was never chastised for that, he remained the commander of Lee's largest division, and eventually became a corps commander.

It was three days before Jackson finally joined the main army, on the late afternoon of the third day at Glendale. As rebel commanders were expected to do, he launched his infantry head-long at Major General Fitz John Porter's line. Porter, as he wold do throughout the Seven Days, held them off and slipped away in the night (while McClellan bit his nails, and sent peremptory orders to Porter which were out of date before they arrived). The final battle was Malvern Hill. Porter's troops, now finally backed up by the rest of McClellan's army, was situated on a low hill which dominated the terrain. There was a grand battery of 100 to 160 cannon (accounts vary), and every time the rebel batteries would unlimber, the U.S. artillery would blow them to kingdom come. Against the advice of his subordinates, Lee ordered an infantry assault. Later, a reporter asked Daniel Harvey Hill about the attack. He commented: "It wasn't war, it was murder." Although the rebels were able to inflict perhaps as many as 3000 casualties, it cost them well over 5000 casualties, almost 6000. More than the army could afford to lose. It was one of the reason that the so-called Confederate States instituted conscription a year before the United States. Lee was a monumental incompetent.

I'm sure you think I've lost it, but I do have a point. Someone can be a brilliant campaigner, like Lee, but a plodding and relentless foe like George Gordon Meade can defeat him. These self-organized militia clowns may have an inspired leader or two, but in the long run, they won't hold out against professional military men and they definitely won't have the logistical train which is essential to keep any army in the field and active.
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 05:54 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I think if the race war comes racists are going to be surprised at how many whites side against people like cj and his clones. U.N.

I think the opposite would be true. I think Black people want law and order. That is what this about. George Floyd is a memory.

Democrats took a page from Obama's playbook and neutered the police the same way Obama handcuffed our military. They are told to stand down, they arrests criminals and DA's do not prosecute and release them without bail. This is an insurrection and Trump should do what he wants to do to stop it. If people choose up sides you can thank the Democrats, media and bureaucrats for standing in his way.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:00 pm
@Setanta,
You haven't lost it. I appreciate your layering and I enjoy how you bring it together at the end, sort of like the old "Connections" series on PBS.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:21 pm
Pentagon disarms National Guard activated in D.C., sends active-duty forces home
Source: Washington Post

The Pentagon has told National Guardsmen deployed to the nation’s capital not to use firearms or ammunition, and has issued orders to send home active-duty troops that the Trump administration amassed outside the city in recent days, a sign of de-escalation in the federal response to protests in the city.

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper made the decision to disarm the guard without consulting the White House, after President Trump ordered a militarized show of force on the streets of Washington to quell demonstrations that were punctured by an episode of looting Sunday, two senior administration officials said. Trump had encouraged the National Guard to be armed.

Initially, a small group of guardsmen deployed in the city had been carrying guns while standing outside monuments, but the bulk of the forces, such as those working with federal park police at Lafayette Square in front of the White House, didn’t carry firearms out of caution. Now, all of the roughly 5,000 guardsmen deployed to Washington from the District of Columbia and 11 states have been told not to use weapons or ammunition.

At a news conference Friday, Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said that some guardsmen in the District had been carrying arms on Monday, but he noted that they did not have magazines of ammunition in their firearms. Beginning Tuesday, the Trump administration de-escalated further, he said, by removing firearms from the equation altogether.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/pentagon-disarms-guardsmen-in-washington-dc-in-signal-of-de-escalation/2020/06/05/324da91a-a733-11ea-8681-7d471bf20207_story.html
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 06:23 pm
Just a comment on the comment the white race has virus that makes them racist. Every race on this earth has owned and sold slaves. Slaves come in all colors. The self hatred that is so prevalent comes from a big lie. The more you know.