monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 10:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Pompeo certainly seems to be the WORST Secretary of State ever.

Sorry Frank, you forgot about Killary. Pompeo will have to settle for second place.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 10:43 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
They’ve screwed the country for over 50 years of bullshit since Nixon.

Obama did more damage in his eight years than any Republican or Democrat ever did.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 10:49 am
https://c4.legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/08-Twitts-LI-600.jpg
MontereyJack

Thu 28 May, 2020 11:05 am
@coldjoint,
Trump really hates the first amendment when it's used against his bullshit. So soes Branco.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 28 May, 2020 11:11 am
@MontereyJack,
Graham urges senior judges to step aside before November election so Republicans can fill vacancies: Interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt
coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 11:20 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Trump really hates the first amendment when it's used against his bullshit. So soes Branco.

The 1st amendment has nothing to do with Twitters fact checking. Twitter is not owned by the government. It can do what it wants. Apparently now it wants to be a publisher. They will be sorry they did it.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 28 May, 2020 11:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I think Graham has lost his mind since McCain died. I am not saying I agreed with McCain when he was alive, he was a true blue conservative as such I wouldn't have voted for him had I lived in his state. However, McCain was sane and since McCain died, it is as though Graham can't function without being the boy in the relationship to those he latches onto.

("blue" as a figure of speech, obviously.)
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 11:55 am
Quote:
Sara Carter: Twitter Never Fact Checked ‘False on their face’ Russia Hoax Stories

Quote:
“How many stories have been out there that basically called out, this is supposedly from The New York Times, Washington Post, supposedly trustworthy news sources,” Carter said. “For the last three and a half years to four years been pushing stories that President Trump is the Manchurian candidate, that he’s actually connected to Russia.”

She added, “They’ve never once retracted these stories and Twitter has never corrected them.”

Another example of the rank hypocrisy and ridiculous double standards. Why these things do not bother thinking individuals leads me to believe there is very little thinking going on.
https://saraacarter.com/sara-carter-twitter-never-fact-checked-false-on-their-face-russia-hoax-stories/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-pug
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 28 May, 2020 12:07 pm
https://i.imgur.com/wBuOX7S.png
farmerman

Thu 28 May, 2020 12:09 pm
@blatham,
So when Trump starts acting like a medical expert hes just being manipulative?. Either way is evil minded
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 28 May, 2020 12:10 pm
@jcboy,
I live in KY (most know this, but just as information) and in the area I live in we have extremely high number of Covid-19 cases relative to our population.

Quote:
Muhlenberg, Hopkins and Butler counties are shown as top counties for rates of COVID-19 cases in Kentucky

A nursing home in Butler, a state prison in Muhlenberg and a church serve in Hopkins produced major outbreaks in those counties.

https://hoptownchronicle.org/muhlenberg-hopkins-and-butler-counties-are-shown-as-top-counties-for-rates-of-covid-19-cases-in-kentucky/

Even though it is a conservative/republican area, I don't think a majority of those are going to buy the conspiracy theory pushed by Trump and other crazy nuts. We are living with it. Most everybody except a very few, wear a mask out in public. It's becoming a local thing to buy mask from housewives/stay at home moms who usually sell hand made crafts at flea markets and I know most of them are republicans.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 12:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Of course Trump never said what is in your meme, an emotional mess aimed at people of the extremely low information type. You seem to think it belongs on this forum.

That is very telling indeed.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 28 May, 2020 12:46 pm
bobsal u1553115

Thu 28 May, 2020 01:04 pm
Defying Trump, Twitter Doubles Down on Labeling Tweets
Source: NYT

Twitter on Thursday added new fact-checking labels to hundreds of tweets, even as the Trump administration prepared an executive order to curtail the legal protections that shield social media companies from liability for the content posted on their platforms.
(Clip)
But Twitter has doubled down. Early Thursday, it added fact-checking labels to messages from Zhao Lijian, a spokesman for China’s foreign ministry who had claimed that the coronavirus outbreak may have begun in the United States and been brought to China by the U.S. military.

Twitter also added notices on hundreds of tweets that falsely claimed a photo of a man in a red baseball cap was Derek Chauvin, an officer involved in the death of George Floyd, an African-American man who died this week after being handcuffed and pinned to the ground by police. The Twitter label alerted viewers that the image was “manipulated media.”
(Clip)
A Twitter spokeswoman said that the tweets modified on Thursday contained “potentially misleading content” and that the fact-checking was consistent with the company’s approach this month. In a series of tweets on Wednesday, Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s chief executive, also said he would not back down from the fact-checking effort. “We’ll continue to point out incorrect or disputed information,” he wrote.
(More)....

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/technology/trump-twitter-fact-check.html
coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 01:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
George Conway, Steve Schmidt, John Weaver, Rick Wilson, Jennifer Horn

Those are the founders of the Lincoln project. Credibility 0.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 01:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

They are digging their own grave. Publishers are subject to lawsuits. They are now a publisher. Twitter will be bankrupt in no time.

That will save a lot of pixels from being wasted.
livinglava

Thu 28 May, 2020 01:39 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

They are digging their own grave. Publishers are subject to lawsuits. They are now a publisher. Twitter will be bankrupt in no time.

That will save a lot of pixels from being wasted.

Maybe the first amendment will be amended from, "congress shall make no law . . ." to include "courts shall ratify no claim against . . ."

I wonder what the effect of adding that to the first amendment would be. Probably a lot more bad journalism.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 02:25 pm
Quote:
Memorial Day Weekend in Chicago – 49 Shootings, 10 Fatalities, and a Mayor Focused On Churches

This gives you an idea of the priorities progressives and Democrats have. Rampant gun violence acceptable. Worship, unacceptable.
Quote:
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is mad at new Police Superintendent David Brown for a Memorial Day Weekend in which 49 people were shot, 10 fatally (Fox). The count was the worst Memorial Day weekend since 2015. Yet, she assigned police to bang on church doors, film the attendees, and park a show of force outside the churches.

https://conservativefiringline.com/memorial-day-weekend-in-chicago-49-shootings-10-fatalities-and-a-mayor-focused-on-churches/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 03:49 pm
What better than a tweet?

Quote:
BREAKING: President Trump’s Executive Order calls for new regulations under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to make it so that social media companies that engage in censorship and political conduct will not be able to keep their liability shield.

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) May 28, 2020

Quote:
President Trump signed an Executive Order Thursday afternoon that limits legal protections for social media companies that intentionally censor and police content for political purposes.

“President Trump on Thursday signed an executive order that could open the door for federal regulators to punish Facebook, Google and Twitter for the way they police content online,” reports the Washington Post.

https://hannity.com/media-room/breaking-now-trump-signs-executive-order-targeting-social-media-companies-that-censor-content/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 May, 2020 03:53 pm