monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Sturgis

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
If I get insulted at all, I'll cut her out.

Even if someone else does the insulting?
Wow! You really mean businesses.
lmur

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:14 pm
@McGentrix,
Beyond disgusting.
izzythepush

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:19 pm
@lmur,
It’s a real indication of what they’re like. If the coronavirus pandemic had happened during Obama’s presidency that’s exactly how McGentrix would have felt. They’re so consumed with malice and greed they can’t conceive of anyone else thinking differently.
coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:19 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
gotcha

I have more humor in my little finger than you do in your whole body and a thick skin.

You still failed to counter any facts in that article. You got yourself.
McGentrix

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:22 pm
@lmur,
Why?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:23 pm
@blatham,
I don't believe you can compare the tyrants of WW 2 era and their actions to a medical nightmare which just showed itself.

The events of the 1930s and to a large extent, all the way back to the end of The Great War (WW 1) were very much on display. Many useless officials (some elected, some appointed), sat on their cushy tuffets and did not a thing. And yes, that includes the Liberal's patron saint Frankie Boy Roosevelt!

What we have now, although could be in some way expected, did not take more than a decade hanging out (and hanging people) in plain view.

I am thoroughly disgusted by your attempted comparative view.

coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
that’s exactly how McGentrix would have felt.

You do not know how anyone feels outside of the group think here. More gossip and name calling. And they say I am a troll. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:44 pm
@Sturgis,
Tired of them confusing denial with debate. Tired of their laughable sources. Tired of the relentless drips with their relentless drip drip drip drip drip of drip. Tired of the mean spiritedness of their "jokes". Tired of their arrogant ignorance. Tired of the murder and mayhem they call the "price of freedom" which seems to a new way spelling fascism. Just plain sick and tired of them.

I never enlisted to protect that kind of crap and I'm not on board with it now.
coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:58 pm
Obama is rattled. That is a good thing.
Quote:
President Obama Declares “There Is No Precedent That Anybody Can Find” For The Flynn Motion [He May Want To Call Eric Holder]

There are precedents. Here is one example.
Quote:
Fourth, there are cases where the Department has moved to dismiss cases on grounds of prosecutorial misconduct or other grounds touching on due process, ethical requirements or other concerns. One that comes to mind is United States v. Stevens where President Obama’s own Attorney General, Eric Holder, asked the same judge in the Flynn case to dismiss that case. That was just roughly ten years ago. As with Flynn, there was an allegation of withheld evidence by prosecutors.

Eric_Holder_official_portraitAt the time of the motion Holder declared “The Department of Justice must always ensure that any case in which it is involved is handled fairly and consistent with its commitment to justice. Under oftentimes trying conditions, the attorneys who serve in this Department live up to those principles on a daily basis.” What is obvious is the new guidelines issued at the time were honored in the breach during the Flynn prosecution.

Joe forgets a lot. Think Obama does too?
https://jonathanturley.org/2020/05/09/president-obama-declares-there-is-no-precedent-that-anybody-can-find-for-the-flynn-motion-he-may-want-to-call-eric-holder/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 02:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I never enlisted to protect that kind of crap and I'm not on board with it now.

Were you consumed with hate when you enlisted, because you are now.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:07 pm
Key coronavirus model projects 137k deaths in U.S. by August
Source: CBS News

Washington — One of the leading models for measuring the impact of the coronavirus is now projecting a total of 137,184 cumulative COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. through the beginning of August, an increase of roughly 2,700 deaths from its previous forecast on May 4.

Christopher Murray, the director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, predicted the number of cases to particularly increase in areas where people become more mobile.

"What's driving the change is, simply put, the rise in mobility, and that's the key driver," Murray said on "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "We're seeing in some states, you know, a 20-percentage-point increase in just 10 days in mobility. And that will translate into more human contact, more transmission."

Murray said states which have "big increases in mobility" may see a significant uptick in cases in the coming weeks. The top five states with increased mobility are Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Georgia, Murray said.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/key-coronavirus-model-projects-137k-deaths-in-us-by-august/ar-BB13ROHc?li=BBnb7Kz
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:16 pm
Quote:
Murray said states which have "big increases in mobility" may see a significant uptick in cases in the coming weeks. The top five states with increased mobility are Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Georgia, Murray said.

Wrong again. Just more fearmongering.
Quote:
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp celebrates record low COVID-19 numbers after media, Dems predicted disaster

https://www.theblaze.com/news/georgia-gov-brian-kemp-celebrates-record-low-covid-19-numbers-after-media-dems-predicted-disaster
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:28 pm
Quote:
Obama CIA Boss John Brennan Gets Testy As The Walls Begin To Close In

The walls won't be too far apart where he is going.
Quote:
For those who are watching closely, a sense of panic is beginning to emerge among the ranks of senior Obama regime officials following the DOJ's dropping of the case against General Michael Flynn.

The framing of Flynn was an abominable politically motivated hit job of the type that is commonplace in third world hellholes but unprecedented here in the United States Of America.

With more damning evidence emerging on an near-daily basis detailing the complicity of Obama's inner circle, judgment day may rapidly be approaching for those who have engaged in what some suggest is treason.

I am one of those people who think this is treason.
https://trendingpolitics.com/obama-cia-boss-john-brennan-gets-testy-as-the-walls-begin-to-close-in/

0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:38 pm

If Barr has to appoint a special council I hope he puts Powell in charge.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:56 pm
Quote:
Birx said coronavirus case count inflated by 25%: "There is nothing from the CDC I can trust": report

All this fearmongering and no one is close to the actual numbers. The fact they are inflated should worry people forced to sit at home on hunches.
https://disrn.com/news/birx-said-coronavirus-case-count-inflated-by-25-there-is-nothing-from-the-cdc-i-can-trust-report
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 10 May, 2020 04:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
That's not an answer.
Yes, it was. But you were reaching for me to say something different (or at least implying I felt a particular way) and you've now made that explicit with your followup below.

Quote:
Are you giddy that you get to be on a forum bragging about how many are dead from this virus?

Do you find it delightful that the US economy is in this condition because it might benefit your political idealism's?

Are you sad there aren't more dead so you can go on a political thread and brag about it?

"Bragging"? Is that the term and notion you'd use to describe Churchill after the Nazi threat, which he had long warned of, became undeniable to most everyone? After the 9-11 attack, were those working in intelligence bragging when they made known their early warnings of this threat? Are all the life-long conservatives who opposed Trump's nomination and election bragging when they detail the broad range of catastrophes that have followed from Trump's last three and a half years? Are they happy seeing what has befallen America? Do they wake each morning filled with bubbling delight?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 04:08 pm
Quote:
Brian Stelter Flips Out That Fox Is Covering Flynn Dismissal Rather Than Virus

Quote:
How dare people cover a huge, unprecedented in history scandal. Once again, it says something about CNN that they aren’t covering it.

I would say they went from lying to fearmongering but unfortunately CNN is still doing both.
https://www.weaselzippers.us/448583-brian-stelter-flips-out-that-fox-is-covering-flynn-dismissal-rather-than-virus/
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 10 May, 2020 04:19 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
I don't believe you can compare the tyrants of WW 2 era and their actions to a medical nightmare which just showed itself.

First, "Trumpism" is hardly just a matter of his administration's response to the pandemic. This is clearly the worst and most dangerous presidency in our lifetimes and likely in the history of the US. Further, the problems aren't merely limited to Trump but to the GOP and modern conservative ideology which have made every present situation worse and made the future of American democracy deeply uncertain.

As to comparisons, what I wrote was that Trump is a sociopath, as was Hitler, and that seeing him attain power evoked responses that are surely similar to the responses of those who watched Hitler come to power. Or Mussolini - fear, despair, frustration, anger, a sense of powerlessness and/or dire urgency and even a desire for vengeance. And if you might be under the delusion that Trump is not a sociopath, then you need to familiarize yourself with relevant literature.

If you wish to make the claim that Trump is not Hitler, fine. Mussolini was not Hitler. Putin is not Hitler. Berlusconi is not Hitler. Netanyahu is not Hitler. Dick Cheney is not Hitler. But every one of them were or are sociopaths. Each were unique in pathologies and, importantly, in the social/political context of their nations and cultures. If Putin has arisen in the context of America, what would that look like? If Hitler had been born in Kentucky and managed to rise to power, what would that look like? Because of the unique history and culture of the US, Hitler would have had to become a different Hitler for reasons that ought to be obvious. But catastrophe would inevitably follow, wouldn't it?

Quote:
I am thoroughly disgusted by your attempted comparative view.

Well, you win some, you lose some.
coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 04:25 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
But every one of them were or are sociopaths.

I told you who is the sociopath. Schiff lies for three years and acts like it never happened. The sociopaths are on the Left. Your fascination with the deaths of others puts you in the running. That, and the constant hate you spew makes you a very likely candidate to join the ranks of the sociopaths.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 10 May, 2020 04:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I have more humor in my little finger than you do in your whole body and a thick skin
They all say that when they dont understand how truly sad they sound. I just came in from the fields and youre STILL on this site.

FACTS?? from that rag ?? cmon, I know you lack reading comp skills but facts are testable(in this case in a COL) I dont believe itll even go that far cause its all just another means to avert the voters eyes from Fat Donny and you and your handlers know it.