Quote:
Trump cant fire Pence

Sometimes I whish he could.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 02:30 am

https://i.imgur.com/3D883fu.jpg

USA! USA!! USA!!!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbloviatingzeppelin.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2FDumpster-Fire-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 02:54 am
@oralloy,
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You........you have just proved the point........Thank You, Thank You, Thank You..........
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 03:10 am
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 03:59 am
@oralloy,
I wrote:
You cannot provide evidence of one instance where blatham yelled, "Look everyone! I think what that person thinks!"

You wrote:

Yes I can. Here is an example of Blatham relying on other people to do his thinking for him...

Fail.

You claimed that these were his words, "Look everyone, I think what that person thinks", but you have not shown one instance where he says this, just as you cannot provide any evidence that "progressives ban pistol grips for fun". You have a habit of attaching your own subjective interpretation to other people's motivations and then repeating your false claims incessantly. That doesn't make them true. It does show you to be a liar.
blatham

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 04:55 am
@hightor,
Quote:
@oralloy,
blatham yelled, "Look everyone! I think what that person thinks!"

Such an odd complaint. Very often I do think what some other person thinks. Hardly unusual for this to happen. Our complainant likely and often finds himself thinking what Ronald Reagan thought or thinking what Trump thinks. Or Sean Hannity or Limbaugh, etc. Certainly he has even been led to think in some new way, having been convinced by another. After all, why would we bother to read others or listen to others if not to be influenced by them in some manner? And why would anyone write here or in any similar situation where ideas are up for contest except to attempt some influence on others' thinking - or to help clarify one's own thoughts with the hope that a clarified version will be more useful in the future as a tool to influence?

The Constitution itself was a product of debate, discussion and argumentation where those involved used other sources contemporary or from earlier periods (as georgeob often uses references to classical thinkers/writers).

For these reasons and others, I am not bothered in the slightest by this odd complaint. Also, Oralloy's mother was much uglier than my mother.
hightor

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:02 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Such an odd complaint.

From such an odd complainant!
hightor

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:12 am
The Military Knew Years Ago That a Coronavirus Was Coming

The Pentagon warned the White House about a shortage of ventilators, face masks, and hospital beds in 2017—but the Trump administration did nothing.

Quote:
Despite President Trump’s repeated assertions that the Covid-19 epidemic was “unforeseen” and “came out of nowhere,” the Pentagon was well aware of not just the threat of a novel influenza, but even anticipated the consequent scarcity of ventilators, face masks, and hospital beds, according to a 2017 Pentagon plan obtained by The Nation.

“The most likely and significant threat is a novel respiratory disease, particularly a novel influenza disease,” the military plan states. Covid-19 is a respiratory disease caused by the novel (meaning new to humans) coronavirus. The document specifically references coronavirus on several occasions, in one instance saying, “Coronavirus infections [are] common around the world.”

https://www.thenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/covid-screenshot-1.png

Quote:
The plan represents an update to an earlier Department of Defense pandemic influenza response plan, noting that it “incorporates insights from several recent outbreaks including…2012 Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus.”

https://www.thenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/covid-screenshot-2.png

Quote:
Titled “USNORTHCOM Branch Plan 3560: Pandemic Influenza and Infectious Disease Response,” the draft plan is marked for official use only and dated January 6, 2017. The plan was provided to The Nation by a Pentagon official who requested anonymity to avoid professional reprisal.

Denis Kaufman, who served as head of the Infectious Diseases and Countermeasures Division at the Defense Intelligence Agency from 2014 to 2017, stressed that US intelligence had been well-aware of the dangers of coronaviruses for years. (Kaufman retired from his decades-long career in the military in December of 2017.)

“The Intelligence Community has warned about the threat from highly pathogenic influenza viruses for two decades at least. They have warned about coronaviruses for at least five years,” Kaufman explained in an interview.

“There have been recent pronouncements that the coronavirus pandemic represents an intelligence failure…. it’s letting people who ignored intelligence warnings off the hook.”

In addition to anticipating the coronavirus pandemic, the military plan predicted with uncanny accuracy many of the medical supply shortages that it now appears will soon cause untold deaths.

The plan states: “Competition for, and scarcity of resources will include…non-pharmaceutical MCM [Medical Countermeasures] (e.g., ventilators, devices, personal protective equipment such as face masks and gloves), medical equipment, and logistical support. This will have a significant impact on the availability of the global workforce.”

https://www.thenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/covid-screenshot-3.png

Quote:
The 103-page response plan provides an overview of what might cause a pandemic, likely complications, and how the military might respond. The plan outlines conditions under which an infectious disease can become a pandemic, several of which were at play with Covid-19: crowded workplaces, proximity to international airports, unsanitary living conditions. It also contains references to classified annexes that go into further detail. (The Nation is not in possession of these annexes.)

Last week, Trump lashed out at General Motors and Ford on Twitter, demanding that they manufacture ventilators, a life-and-death appliance for many people with acute Covid-19 symptoms.

General Motors MUST immediately open their stupidly abandoned Lordstown plant in Ohio, or some other plant, and START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!! FORD, GET GOING ON VENTILATORS, FAST!!!!!! @GeneralMotors @Ford

—Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 27, 2020

The plan’s warning about face masks and ventilators was prescient: The US Strategic National Stockpile of medical equipment including respirators, gloves, face masks, and gowns is reportedly nearly depleted.

The military plan also correctly anticipates “insufficient hospital beds.” Indeed, hospitals are in critically short supply in Italy and rapidly filling up across New York.

https://www.thenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/covid-screenshot-4.png

Quote:
“Even the most industrialized countries will have insufficient hospital beds, specialized equipment such as mechanical ventilators, and pharmaceuticals readily available to adequately treat their populations during clinically severe pandemic,” the report goes on.

Another prediction in the report anticipates worldwide competition for, and scarcity of, Covid-19 vaccines. Trump has already reportedly offered German scientists large sums of money for exclusive rights to a vaccine, and efforts to develop drugs are underway in several countries.

The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

nation

blatham

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:14 am
@hightor,
Perhaps that explains it.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:17 am
@hightor,
Quote:
The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
They'll have to run it past Jared.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:22 am
Boris Johnson has been hospitalized. They're playing it cool but that's to be expected. Politico
hightor

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:29 am
Quote:
(...) Narcissistic personalities are weak.

What that means, during this pandemic: Trump is genuinely afraid to lead. He can’t bring himself to make robust use of the Defense Production Act, because the buck would stop with him. (To this day, he insists states should be acquiring their own ventilators.) When asked about delays in testing, he said, “I don’t take responsibility at all.” During Friday’s news conference, he added the tests “we inherited were “broken, were obsolete,” when this form of coronavirus didn’t even exist under his predecessor.

This sounds an awful lot like one of the three sentences that Homer Simpson swears will get you through life: “It was like that when I got here.”

Most people, even the most hotheaded and difficult ones, have enough space in their souls to set aside their anger in times of crisis. Think of Rudolph Giuliani during Sept. 11. Think of Andrew Cuomo now.

But every aspect of Trump’s crisis management has been annexed by his psychopathology. As Americans die, he boasts about his television ratings. As Americans die, he crows that he’s No. 1 on Facebook, which isn’t close to true. (...)

nyt

farmerman

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:36 am
@Builder,
leehes will hang on a laf and let their heads wander about. They attach themselves based on sensitivity. They are opportunistic feeders and not "focused hunters"
All the rest I said above you or Ollie cannot show anywhere where Im incorrect.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:12 am
@hightor,
Quote:
But every aspect of Trump’s crisis management has been annexed by his psychopathology.
Oh yes.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:19 am
Trump calls MBS his ‘friend’ — 18 months to the day after Jamal Khashoggi’s murder

I'd be fine with an ad done by John Lasseter and Randy Newman where Trump's statements of affection for MBS is interwoven with Woody singing "You've got a friend in me" while being increasingly covered in blood spatters as he works a bone saw.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:49 am
@blatham,
But the Downing Street spokesperson did not deny that prime minister received oxygen treatment as the next cabinet meeting on Tuesday is postponed. (Officials are refusing to give any further update on Johnson's condition.)
izzythepush

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It’s a welcome bit of good news in these troubling times, it made us laugh last night.
snood

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:55 am
I have my issues with Joe Scarborough, but every once in awhile he gets in a real timely zinger.

This morning he was so exercised he was literally shouting. He said that Trump needs to wake up, get out of his mother’s basement, and wipe the Cheeto dust off off his face.

I needed that.
blatham

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:56 am
@izzythepush,
With any luck at all, Boris has lately been chumming about with Nigel Farange and crowd.
izzythepush

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:00 am
@blatham,
That would be too good to be true.