monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That was the time range I thought was so but tempered what I wrote because I couldn't recall it for sure. Thanks, as always.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:49 am
Quote:
JM Rieger
@RiegerReport
· 13h
JESSE WATTERS on March 3:

"I'm not afraid of the coronavirus and no one else should be that afraid either.”

JESSE WATTERS on April 1:

Democrats and the media repeatedly downplayed the coronavirus threat

Can a propaganda outfit actually be running on a business model of killing off it's audience?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 05:09 am
Quote:
After Threats, Anthony Fauci to Receive Enhanced Personal Security

Dr. Fauci has become a target of online conspiracy theorists after advocating social distancing rules.

...That has made him a target of online conspiracy theorists who have accused Dr. Fauci, a longtime scientist and civil servant who has served presidents of both parties, of trying to undermine Mr. Trump during a year in which the president is fighting for re-election.
NYT

Fox and Limbaugh have no small blame here.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 05:22 am
Quote:
Two weeks ago, amid the coronavirus pandemic, about 70 students from the University of Texas at Austin partied in Mexico on spring break. The students, all in their 20s, flew on a chartered plane to Cabo San Lucas, and some returned on separate commercial flights to Texas.

Now, 44 of them have tested positive for the virus and are self-isolating. More students were monitored and tested on Wednesday, university officials said, after 28 initial positive tests.
NYT

44 of 70! So far.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 05:22 am
"The economy is going to go up very quickly, or maybe slowly."

-Donald Trump, during corona virus briefing
blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 05:23 am
@snood,
Stable geniuses have the gift of high-level thinking.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 06:10 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

From yesterday's "briefing"
Quote:
Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
· 11h
TRUMP: "Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I just found out I'm number one on Facebook." (Trump has 29 million followers; Obama has 53 million.)

**** every one of you who still supports this sociopath.

Why don't you take a break from politics. It's obviously unhealthy for you. Go take advantage of some of that free Canadian healthcare and stop with this kind of bullshit?
izzythepush

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 06:17 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Why don't you take a break from politics. It's obviously unhealthy for you.

Why don’t you take a break from buttlicking. It definitely is unhealthy which is why America’s response has been so useless.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 06:27 am
A good Christian man refuses the temptation to bear false witness

"I don't believe the President has ever belittled the threat of the coronavirus," - Mike Pence, March 21, 2020.

0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 07:08 am
@McGentrix,
why is it important to the Trumpees that they buy all this clown's announcements. WHO gives a rat's ass about his standing on facebook??
Hes a petulant mental midget who thinks hes what the sun circles about.
Whats scary is that he appears to be purposely manipulating expectant
mortality and in a series of pre emptive announcement is claiming that this rate is "Acceptable".
Hes an iniquitous evil ****.
blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 07:12 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Why don't you take a break from politics. It's obviously unhealthy for you. Go take advantage of some of that free Canadian healthcare and stop with this kind of bullshit?

Thanks for your concern. At the beginning of March, I popped in to see my doctor to get 6 months of prescriptions for my various meds so that I might 1) keep myself isolated and 2) reduce stress on our medical system up the road. Though doctors are paid some amount for each visit, she instantly filled that request. Also, she's young, smart as a whip, funny and beautiful, so my loss.

We're doing fairly well here. So far, there are 1,066 cases in the province of BC with 25 deaths. Ontario has 37 deaths and Quebec has 33. In Canada there are 9,613 cases total with 109 deaths. Nursing and retirement homes are the primary infection sites. Stay at home recommendations have been in place for weeks.

The federal and provincial governments have been tightly coordinated and a significant number of manufacturing enterprises have stepped up to shift production towards needed equipment and PPEs. (Bauer sports equipment, for example, has re-purposed production to making face shields for front line workers). Here in our town, drive-through testing has been in place for about two weeks (given any doctor's order for the test). There are, so far as I know, no significant conflicts between provinces and the federal government re strategies and supplies.

Normally, our provinces are the main determiners of schools, hospitals, welfare, highways, medical delivery/insurance, unemployment, etc. But in times of crisis or stress, the federal government steps in to help with finance and coordination. Though as is the case everywhere, this is a very unusual stress on all systems. But to this point, it's being handled with efficiency and little noise.

As to the level of upset and even seething anger you perceive in my posts regarding the US and what Trump and his administration/party and Fox are doing, that's a natural and appropriate moral response. If one gives a damn about others' suffering and if one gives a damn about American democracy when America's footprint in the world is so significant.
Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 07:31 am
@blatham,
I suppose I ought to add to that earlier post that I lived in the US for a decade, both my wives were Americans and my daughter has US citizenship (dual actually) and now lives there.

My wife and I paid a LOT of money in taxes and an 8 hour stay in a Portland hospital with minor tests (bloodwork and X-rays) cost us as much money as I would pay here for a full decade of complete medical coverage for all but medications.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:11 am
The Justice Department has approved a U.S. Marshals Service recommendation for more than half a dozen special agents to provide protective services to Fauci, a Justice official told ABC News.

Fauci says he feels safe despite threats, is focusing on job
Quote:
“I’ve chosen this life - I know what it is. There are things about it that sometimes are disturbing,” Fauci said. “But you just focus on the job you have to do and you put all that other stuff aside and try as best as possible not to pay attention to it.”

"We have a really, really very difficult situation ahead of us," he said, referring to the fast-spreading coronavirus pandemic that threatens hundreds of thousands here of lives around the world. "All of that other stuff in secondary."

The Justice Department has approved a U.S. Marshals Service recommendation for more than half a dozen special agents to provide protective services to Fauci, a Justice official told ABC News.
[...]
Reporters asked Fauci about his security detail on Wednesday at the White House COVID-19 briefing. “Anything that has to do with security detail, I’d have to have you refer that question to the inspector general of HHS,” he said.

Trump then said Fauci doesn’t need security. “Everybody loves him. Besides, they’d be in big trouble if they ever attacked,” Trump said.
coldjoint

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:50 am
https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/01-Emp-Clothes-LI-600.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Trump then said Fauci doesn’t need security. “Everybody loves him. Besides, they’d be in big trouble if they ever attacked,” Trump said.

Does this guy wake each morning with the plan to demonstrate how stupid, incompetent and dishonest he can show himself to be?
coldjoint

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:29 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Does this guy wake each morning with the plan to demonstrate how stupid, incompetent and dishonest he can show himself to be?

Do you? Your dishonesty puts Trump to shame.
coldjoint

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:36 am
Quote:
Hydroxychloroquine study shows more promise in new coronavirus study

Some good news. Certainly a change from the hate-filled posts about Trump.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/04/02/hydroxychloroquine-study-shows-more-promise-in-new-coronavirus-study-903995
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:37 am
It is clearly no surprise to Republicans broadly that majorities of citizens do not want them in power and thus voter suppression must be their goal.
Quote:
Georgia House Speaker David Ralston (R) said the quiet part out loud Wednesday, bashing the secretary of state’s move to mail out absentee ballot applications to the state’s registered voters because the higher voter participation “will be extremely devastating to Republicans and conservatives in Georgia.”

“Every registered voter is going to get one of these,” he added in an interview with FetchYourNews, a local news site. “This will certainly drive up turnout.”

Ralston echoed President Donald Trump in his sentiments, who Monday aired a similar fear about Democratic proposals like increasing vote by mail and same-day registration.

“The things they had in there were crazy,” Trump said on “Fox and Friends.” “They had things — levels of voting that, if you ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”
TPM

As maximal citizen access to voting is the most basic element or sign of a true democracy and yet Republicans are working to decrease that very right, it would make good sense to imagine what else they are doing to damage democracy so as to gain or maintain power.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:38 am
@coldjoint,
even were that true , Trump is the president bernie L isnt. Trump cannot be mildly stupid and incompetent. Unfortunately when we can see through his self congratulations as nothing more than a feeble plea for daddy approval, its a crime.