monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 03:50 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
For weeks, President Trump has minimized the coronavirus, mocked concern about it and treated the risk cavalierly.

No he has not. That is an opinion from someone paid to destroy Trump by asserting his/her opinion is fact.

This is just another "get Trump" article. And the disease does not care what people think or say. It goes about its business naturally. Whether Trump knew or not is irrelevant, he acted decisively with an early travel ban, and that reduced the number of cases and deaths by eliminating a lot of carriers
hightor

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 03:53 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
No he has not.

So he never said any of the things he's on record of having said? Interesting. I watched some of his events and heard him say these things. The article quotes him accurately. How can that be?
blatham

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 03:56 pm
@hightor,
Was just going to post that humdinger. And yet, many of his supporters will just gobble down this **** sandwich with zest. And to the degree that they are isolated in their Fox News bubble, they'll be free from the anxiety that would attend comprehending just how ******* stupid they are.
0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 04:09 pm
@hightor,
You mean to tell me that when you say something is a hoax what you really mean is that you knew it was a lie when you said it, but since you lie to the American people every day that it doesn't matter because you knew what the truth was but you lied anyway?
coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 04:15 pm
@hightor,
Quote:

So he never said any of the things he's on record of having said?

People determine what he means when he says something. Some people twist it to suit their needs. They are telling you what to think, that is now a reporters job.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 04:16 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
when you say something is a hoax

Ask Snood, it was not Trump who said that. You are lying.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 04:22 pm
Quote:
‘REMARKABLE’: CNN Anchor Praises Trump On Coronavirus: ‘Kind Of Leader That People Need’

Quote:
On Tuesday, CNN anchor Dana Bash applauded President Donald Trump on his handling of the China-originated novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, praising Trump as the “kind of leader that people need” in this time of crisis.

After dismissing criticism from media reporter and American neurosurgeon Sanjay Gupta, Bash said Trump’s “tone” over the past two days should be applauded on an “American” and “human” level.

More opinion, but at least a realistic one.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/remarkable-cnn-anchor-praises-trump-on-coronavirus-kind-of-leader-that-people-need?%3Futm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwtwitter
hightor

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 05:07 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
People determine what he means when he says something.

Everybody heard him, in all his glaring stupidity. Everyone saw him, sweating and bewildered, trying to finish a thought at the CDC. Everyone saw the narcissistic spectacle he presented of himself in his "address" from the Oval Office, "The vast majority of Americans: The risk is very, very low." Watching you people dance to the discordant and stumbling tune of an obese demented real estate huckster who paints himself with orange makeup and wears a stupid comb-over never ceases to amaze me. A few days ago you were all questioning the severity of the virus and whether it was all a political stunt. Now the guy has pivoted and promises to spend a trillion dollars and you all do a one-eighty, going so far as to quote, with obvious approval, from a MSM outlet that you regularly attack.

"Bash later clarified that her praise was only related to the press conferences that occurred Monday and Tuesday as multiple such events have occurred since the outbreak of coronavirus.

Obviously this proves my point. He's completely changed his position. He's only a month late.

"Trump’s leadership during the crisis has received praise from Democratic Govs. Andrew Cuomo of New York and Gavin Newsom of California, both of whom are often adversarial towards the president."

And now these guys are great governors, right? You knew it all along.

Pathetic.
coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 05:17 pm
Quote:
Border Patrol releasing thousands who were exposed to diseases like tuberculosis
· April 30, 2019

Where was the uproar here? Was it because it was illegals and we could have stopped them that it was not bigger news? You bet it was.
Quote:
Beginning in August 2014, right after the influx of Central American teens, there was an outbreak of enterovirus D68, a respiratory illness, which many experts increasingly believe to be the cause of Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM), a mysterious polio-like disease that causes paralysis but starts out as what appears to be an innocuous cold.

TB and Polio. Open the borders.
https://www.conservativereview.com/news/border-patrol-releasing-thousands-exposed-diseases-like-tuberculosis/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 05:24 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Obviously this proves my point. He's completely changed his position. He's only a month late.

His travel ban was 3 months early. And do people evolve? Obama did a lot of that. He is giving people what they want, and that includes the MSM. He is just keeping another promise. He said Americans were a priority, and always first..
Brand X

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 05:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Trump evolves only when the stock market tanks, his poll numbers drop, and it becomes clear that he could lose the election over this. If none of those things happened he'd still be selling us timeshares.
ehBeth

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 05:35 pm
@hightor,
in the words of #45

Quote:
Feb. 26: "Because of all we've done, the risk to the American people remains very low."

Feb. 28: "I think it's really going well."

Feb. 28: "It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

Feb. 28: "This is their new hoax."

March 4: "Some people will have this at a very light level and won't even go to a doctor or hospital, and they'll get better."

March 10: "... it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 11: "I think we're going to get through it very well."

March 12: "It's going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with
China, we have 32 deaths at this point..."

March 15: "This is a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something that we have tremendous control over."

March 16: "If you're talking about the virus, no, that's not under control for any place in the world."

March 17: "I've always known this is a, this is a real, this is a pandemic … I've felt that it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."
Builder

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 05:36 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Watching you people dance to the discordant and stumbling tune of an obese demented real estate huckster who paints himself with orange makeup and wears a stupid comb-over never ceases to amaze me.

Seeing you resort to ad hominem, never ceases to amaze (nor impress) me.

Quote:

On the global stage, your president is actually doing much more than some other western nations, including ours.

If nothing else, this "crisis" highlights for all and sundry, just how pathetically fragile, the whole neoliberal "free market" capitalist system has become.

I'll give you one guess who pushed very hard for such a system to remain, and your president whopped her arse in the last election.

coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 05:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
in the words of #45

It has been posted. Re-post it in November, it won't work then either.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:32 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Seeing you resort to ad hominem, never ceases to amaze (nor impress) me.

When we mock public figures and the people who defend them, that's called political criticism, not ad hominem. There's no substantive argument in contention here, no position being attacked or defended, I'm just pointing at the spectacle before me. I think the guy's a lout. I don't believe he's earned the unequivocal support he gets from some quarters of the media, the web, and this forum. The president's 180º pirouette in the space of two days and the movement of his base and media cheerleaders behind him, no one showing the least sense of embarrassment, let alone contrition, says it all.

Quote:
If nothing else, this "crisis" highlights for all and sundry, just how pathetically fragile, the whole neoliberal "free market" capitalist system has become.

Agreed. The problem is whether the system gets replaced before it gets destroyed.

Quote:
I'll give you one guess who pushed very hard for such a system to remain, and your president whopped her arse in the last election.

Who cares?
coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 09:03 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
If none of those things happened he'd still be selling us timeshares.

The only thing that comes to mind is how Trump is under estimated all the time. He has proven himself to be focused on his agenda despite constant harassment. Keep selling him short, it actually helps him.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 17 Mar, 2020 09:42 pm
https://d12gryx1lo44v2.cloudfront.net/articles/bec1abc8-ae5f-4c32-806f-b7125569c282.jpg
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 12:22 am
@hightor,
Quote:
no one showing the least sense of embarrassment, let alone contrition, says it all.

Welcome to politics.

Quote:
The problem is whether the system gets replaced before it gets destroyed.

Out of the ashes, appears a new path.

Wall street has been on life support since they tanked the global economy in 2007-8.

Why should the people continually prop up something that should have died back then?

Quote:
Who cares?

Your fan base doesn't see it, but this just backs up my belief that you're atrocious at connecting the dots.

0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 01:16 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I don't believe he's earned the unequivocal support he gets from some quarters of the media, the web, and this forum.

If the Democrats didn't want me to automatically vote for every single Republican candidate in every single general election, they shouldn't have disenfranchised Michigan in the 2008 primaries.

But Mr. Trump would be deserving of my unequivocal support even if the 2008 atrocity had not happened. Look at the way he protects us all from progressives who want to violate our civil liberties for fun.

That is more than enough to earn my unlimited support. Our civil liberties are priceless.

hightor wrote:
The president's 180º pirouette in the space of two days and the movement of his base and media cheerleaders behind him, no one showing the least sense of embarrassment, let alone contrition, says it all.

I've not listened to anything that he's advised regarding COVID-19.

I early-voted in the Michigan primary on the evening of March 3, and have now been sealed off from the outside world for the past two weeks.

So I'm not only way ahead of the President's advice, but way ahead of the medical experts as well.

That said, if he shows great leadership in the coming months of crisis, I think that will be deserving of great credit.
0 Replies

Brand X

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 03:32 am
Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller
·
7h
What small business owners need right now to get through this crisis is bureaucracy.
Quote Tweet

Chuck Schumer
@SenSchumer
· 12h
What we’re proposing:

If you’re a small business owner suddenly facing cash flow problems, we would allow you to apply for low-interest loans and other forms of financial assistance that can offer relief quickly.
0 Replies