monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

georgeob1

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 09:54 pm
@hightor,
Not very persuasive, and I happen to know Mike Rogers attaches far more importance to the feckless irresponsibility of the Central European NATO Powers, prominently including Germany, France and to a lesser extent the UK. Poland The Czech Republic, Hungary and the Baltic Republics are a good deal more committed. Recall the lassitude of the European Powers in the early 1930s as Hitler began asserting German power. Hitler is long gone but the main European powers - those that exploit the rest through the EU and the common currency haven't changed much.

President Trump has done far more than have any of his recent predecessors to wake them up.
coldjoint

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 10:13 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
maybe he wouldn't feel so paralyzed with fear.

He does not look paralyzed to me. Doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. That pisses people off, doesn't it?
neptuneblue

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 10:17 pm
@coldjoint,
Insults by twit isn't something anyone should be proud of. But, go you!!
coldjoint

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 10:28 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
-the anti-abortion rally,

Pro life rally.
Quote:
constant lying and defamation of any all critics.

He is returning the favor.
Quote:
so he can look like a war president without actually going to war.

Another mind reader? He has the power to kill our enemies, that is what he did. And Russia is no doubt pleased with Democrats destroying our justice system and Constitution.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 10:32 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Insults by twit isn't something anyone should be proud of. But, go you!!

Fighting back is.
oralloy

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 10:39 pm
@coldjoint,
Mr. Obama sure picked a fight with the wrong guy at that Correspondents' Dinner.
coldjoint

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 10:57 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Mr. Obama sure picked a fight with the wrong guy at that Correspondents' Dinner.

I agree. Payback just happens to be very good for the country.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 10:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Please tell me you are not referring to Mike Rodgers the former director of NSA?
coldjoint

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 11:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Mike Rodgers the former director of NSA?

No, he means this one
https://duckduckgo.com/i/dd61c1f0.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 11:10 pm
I'm in touch with a number of recently retired NSA people who worked closely with several Directors including Adm. Rodgers....Many of us belong to organizations that host former directors of NSA and CIA and keep up with Intel based issues. I'll post it and see if anybody else ever heard him say such a thing. I'll let you know what I hear, either way. Perhaps you know of another Mike Rodgers who holds such a ridiculous opinion and stated it out loud. It's also possible you just embellished a sentence that bears little resemblance to what was actually uttered.
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 11:15 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
You mistakenly attribute the impeachment hearings to the machinations of the DNC. The DNC doesn't control the political process; events do.

You're clearly not watching the same circus as the rest of the planet.

Quote:
the prospect of future presidents sidelining the State Department

Foreign policy is rightfully in the hands of the commander-in-chief, not any state department.

Quote:
ignoring the national security establishment

If they're as compromised as the other alphabet orgs, that's a wise move.

Quote:
dismissing the intelligence services

Their track record at any kind of "intel" is abysmal.

Quote:
and vilifying the FBI

Clearly compromised, on evidence, and also in collusion with the former admin, to prevent Trump becoming POTUS.

Which show are you watching?

Sounds like you're flying in a parallel universe of your own imagination.

Quote:
And even the incomplete record available to the public provides a sufficient foundation for further investigation.

Bring it. We want a full investigation, and not just into this admin.

Quote:
Don't look at this as a Clinton vs Trump, left vs right, Fox vs CNN hokum

I'm sure you'd love for all that to just disappear, but calling it *hokum* isn't going to vanish the evidence of their chronic corruption.

Quote:
we're watching the steadily quickening universal unraveling of the "social fabric" right before our eyes!

That's the eight years before 2016, you're talking about.

Let's get this bogus impeachment out of the way, and get down to tin tacks.

How in hell did the first black POTUS round up such a despicable entourage?

Could it have anything to do with his S0S?

He did blame her for a few things, but we're only seeing the tip of that berg.
MontereyJack

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 11:31 pm
@Builder,
Funny, you seem to be the one in the parallel universe.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 11:35 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I recommend to you The Crusades Through Arab Eyes by Amin Maalouf. It is a relatively short read which does not require an academic education in history to read and understand.

I'm always amazed at the Muslims' audacity in stealing other people's land and then acting all outraged when the legitimate owners try to reclaim their own land.

We should steal their stupid black rock and not give it back to them until they return the Holy Grail.
MontereyJack

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 11:37 pm
@oralloy,
You mean after that asshole had spent two yearts with the whole phony birtherism thing against Obama. Another clear indication how the vindictive trump is totally unfit to be president and why everybody should vote him out asnd cauterize the WH insanity..
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Jan, 2020 11:37 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The final settlement was drawn up by an aged Arthur Balfour, and his young assistant--Winston Churchill. It was not possible for him to allocate all of the oil rich areas to British protectorates, but he did his damnedest, and succeeded pretty well.

It's a shame the way the Kurds are always mistreated by the West, but the rest of the Muslims had it coming after all of their aggression against the West.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 27 Jan, 2020 12:58 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm always amazed at the Muslims' audacity in stealing other people's land

2/3 's of the Christian world was conquered by Islam before the first crusade.
oralloy

Mon 27 Jan, 2020 01:12 am
@coldjoint,
Yes. The Crusades were defensive in nature.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 27 Jan, 2020 02:38 am
@oralloy,
Islam possessed a European presence from the eighth century onward, first of all in Spain and the Mediterranean islands, and later, from the mid-fourteenth century, in the Balkans, where the Turks were able rapidly to establish an empire.

Actually, the First Crusade started because emperor Alexios I Komnenos saw an opportunity to gain western military aid in defeating the Muslim Seljuks who were eating away at his empire in Asia Minor.
And Pope Urban II responded to this call for help, motivated by a desire to strengthen the Papacy and to become the undisputed head of the whole Christian church including the Orthodox East.
hightor

Mon 27 Jan, 2020 06:13 am
@Builder,
I wrote:
...raises legitimate concern in the minds of many USAmericans.

Tell someone who cares.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 27 Jan, 2020 06:53 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Quote:
blatham wrote:
And as Trump is always so engrossed in demonstrating his monarch-like power

You appear here to be taking your cues from the (rather comic and pathetic) Adam Schiff.

Only seems so because you don't pay attention. As I wrote near the beginning of this thread (and multiple times between then and now), Trump doesn't want to be President. He wants to be Pharaoh.

But imagining that such observations or descriptions of Trump's zest for unlimited power originated three days ago with Schiff's statements only demonstrate how little or how carelessly you attend to political writing.
0 Replies