Builder

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 06:05 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Well, I AM.
(a nevertrumper)
Quote:
I even voted for whatsername.

This is one of Hi's obfuscation tricks; keep bogging the conversation down in pointless rhetoric.

We had this convo a few pages back, and I linked him to some evidence, which, as per usual, he summarily ignored, because it blew his case wide open.

Builder

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 06:17 pm
Rudy Giuliani
@RudyGiuliani

Starting tomorrow we will begin cracking through the Swamp media’s cover-up of TOP level Democrats selling their public office, resulting in multi-millions, in Ukraine and the conspired attempt with foreign officials to “destroy” the Trump candidacy.
9:52 AM · Jan 24, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I understand that cases of this magnitude take time to put together, but here's hoping he's on the money this time.

It's not like we don't know what they were up to, with Biden bragging about it openly, and the paper trail uncovered already.

I'm thinking the delay was to implicate Obama and Clinton in the shenanigans; that was the mission statement.
coldjoint

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 06:24 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
9:52 AM · Jan 24, 2020

Still Jan 23 here. Must have just came out. Nothing on nightly news about it.
Builder

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 06:31 pm
@coldjoint,
Australia is a day ahead of the west.

Friday 24th here, and ten-thirty AM.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 06:55 pm

My politics are not as easy to explain, I've voted for Republicans and Democrats in presidential elections (no, I didn't vote twice). I have very strong opinions about our nations military readiness and defense. Probably because I worked with the military for 32 years and my husband is still working at the same Agency. However my social views are more liberal...I want older Americans to have access to medical care, I want children to get an education and also have access to necessary health care and have meals on a regular basis. A healthy society is a productive society)

I also voted for what's her name but I figured it would be a nightmare regardless of who had the election bestowed by the EC. If it had gone for Hillary we would be up to our necks in Benghazi investigations, Whitewater all over again, more trumpeting about how some people think Bill is pond scum, and don't forget Vince Foster. But now we have Trump......Donald Trump standing in front of the Memorial Wall at CIA congratulating himself and thanking everyone because of course they would want him as President. He brought his own cheering section, thats what you heard people yukking it up in front of the memorial everybody else views in reverence. Don't forget Kislyak and Lavrov with their Russian aides and photographers in the Oval Office pinching themselves because they could not believe what was happening. I don't know how to adequately express how much of betrayal that was.

(by the way, I didn't work for CIA, I worked at NSA and NSA also has a memorial wall....)
Builder

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 07:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
My politics are not as easy to explain

Anyone who identifies as left or right in today's "battle of the centrists" is certainly not dealing with a full deck, for mine.

I've generally identified with the labor party (our progressives) and loathed the conservatives (the coalition LNP here down under) but with our preferential voting system, and the fact that both labor and LNP are being bribed/lobbied by the coal industry/gas fracking lobby, means that neither can be trusted to deliver on any promise, that doesn't involve the mining magnates that donate the bulk of their income.

It used to be the case that independents kept the ruling party "honest" but they're also succumbing to the money under the table, so we're at a stalemate here, currently.

Ho Hum.
blatham

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 07:41 pm
Quote:
Jay Rosen
@jayrosen_nyu
Over the years we've seen many signs that Fox is a propaganda house. The clearest one yet came last night. They cut away from the impeachment hearings while the House managers were making their case. Think about that.

Don't tell me it's news, but with a different POV. It's not.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:05 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I worked at NSA

Are they all out of touch as badly as you are? That must be some hardcore indoctrination.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:17 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
He's guilty.

Got any evidence?
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:18 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
He's guilty. And he's a coward.

TDS

Yep.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:41 pm
Here's something of a surprise. Judge Andrew Napolitano is NOT forwarding the Fox line re impeachment. Read it all but I'll just post the last graphs...
Quote:
We know that obstruction of Congress is a crime. Just ask former New York Yankees pitching great Roger Clemens, who was tried for it and acquitted. We also know that obstruction of Congress -- by ordering subordinates not to comply with House impeachment subpoenas -- is an impeachable offense. We know that because the House Judiciary Committee voted to charge President Nixon with obstruction of Congress when he refused to comply with subpoenas. And the full House voted for an article of impeachment against President Clinton when he refused to surrender subpoenaed evidence.

Where does all this leave us at the outset of Trump's Senate trial?

It leaves us with valid, lawful, constitutional arguments for Trump's impeachment that he ought to take seriously. That is, unless he knows he will be acquitted because Republican senators have told him so. Whoever may have whispered that into his ear is unworthy of sitting as a juror and has violated the oath of "impartial justice" and fidelity to the Constitution and the law.

What is required for removal of the president? A demonstration of presidential commission of high crimes and misdemeanors, of which in Trump's case the evidence is ample and uncontradicted.
Link
oralloy

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 08:56 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
We know that obstruction of Congress is a crime.
We also know that obstruction of Congress -- by ordering subordinates not to comply with House impeachment subpoenas -- is an impeachable offense.

Some of us also know that "disagreeing with the extent of Congress' authority and letting the courts sort it out" is not obstruction of Congress.

Mr. Trump has not defied a single judicial ruling relating to Congress' demands (or relating to anything else for that matter).
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 09:13 pm
Quote:
ABC News
@ABC
Treasury Sec. Mnuchin says climate activist Greta Thunberg is in no position to give economic advice until she’s gone to college and come out with an economics degree. https://abcn.ws/38vBq1F

And as folks have been pointing out on twitter, Larry Kudlow, the president's chief economic advisor, has an undergrad degree in History.
coldjoint

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 10:01 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
And as folks have been pointing out on twitter, Larry Kudlow, the president's chief economic advisor, has an undergrad degree in History.

Kudlow is self taught, Greta, knowingly or unknowingly, is a brainwashed indoctrinated globalist shill. She is still a child.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 11:30 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
My politics are not as easy to explain

Anyone who identifies as left or right in today's "battle of the centrists" is certainly not dealing with a full deck, for mine.

I've generally identified with the labor party (our progressives) and loathed the conservatives (the coalition LNP here down under) but with our preferential voting system, and the fact that both labor and LNP are being bribed/lobbied by the coal industry/gas fracking lobby, means that neither can be trusted to deliver on any promise, that doesn't involve the mining magnates that donate the bulk of their income.

It used to be the case that independents kept the ruling party "honest" but they're also succumbing to the money under the table, so we're at a stalemate here, currently.

Ho Hum.

Yeah, tell it to somebody who cares about your opinion.
glitterbag

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 11:32 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
ABC News
@ABC
Treasury Sec. Mnuchin says climate activist Greta Thunberg is in no position to give economic advice until she’s gone to college and come out with an economics degree. https://abcn.ws/38vBq1F

who needs experts or intellectuals when you have groupies?
Builder

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 11:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Yeah, tell it to somebody who cares about your opinion.

You set the bar low, hippie.

Good for the goose, etc.
Builder

Fri 24 Jan, 2020 12:04 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
who needs experts or intellectuals when you have groupies?

Or former NSA secretaries? They seem to have a good grasp on politics.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 24 Jan, 2020 01:42 am
@Builder,
That's what you got??? Hippy???? Hahahahahahahaha. And yet you wonder why Americans ignore you.