monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 01:47 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The demonstration in Virginia was peaceful, no one threatened to murder anyone.

With so many law enforcement professionals on the scene the protestors figured it was smarter to behave themselves. Sort of a low bar — now if there hadn't been any cops there at all and there was no violence that would say a lot more.
McGentrix

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 01:54 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
The demonstration in Virginia was peaceful, no one threatened to murder anyone.

With so many law enforcement professionals on the scene the protestors figured it was smarter to behave themselves. Sort of a low bar — now if there hadn't been any cops there at all and there was no violence that would say a lot more.

The cops were there because of the fear mongering of the pussy liberals that are as scared of their own shadows as they are of guns.

That many responsible gun owners using their right to keep and bear arms was probably the safest spot in the nation at that time.
coldjoint

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 02:06 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
now if there hadn't been any cops there at all and there was no violence that would say a lot more.

Either way it has never stopped Anti-Fa from violence. In Portland and Oakland cops watch Anti-Fa break laws regularly. Sorry you are disappointed that people exercise their right to protest peacefully and at the same time embarrass the Hell out of progressive fear mongers in the MSM.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 03:39 pm
@roger,
I didn't read McGentrix' post, it was on the BBC last night.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere but I'm not wasting my time.

McGentrix doesn't get much, he doesn't get Doctor Who. I've said as much before.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 04:06 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Izzy should share that video with the class so we can decide for ourselves. There is no doubt that their are some below average people in America. But, Izzy has never been one to post an honest interpretation of anything outside Dr. Who.
So, please, share your BBC interview.

I don't know if it is on the internet, but I think I heard the interviews that he is talking about.

I try to supplement a half hour a day of either BBC or France 24 English to my primary news diet from PBS, to ensure that I stay aware of what is going on outside the US.

One person was asked if gun control would be worth it if it saved even one life. The reply was something along the lines of: "No it wouldn't be worth it to lose our freedom, and the person who was killed in your hypothetical example should have been carrying a gun to defend themselves."

The other person was asked about all of the lives lost to gun violence every year. The reply was something along the lines of: "So what? What about all of the lives lost to heart disease every year?"

I think the answer to the second question could have been improved upon. My reply to the second question would have been: "So what? They'd be just as dead if they were killed with knives."

The reply to the first question was pretty sound though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 04:09 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
One of the main principles of Democracy is the right to peaceful protest.

The trouble is, progressives don't like democracy. Progressives prefer Stalinist dictatorship.

izzythepush wrote:
What happened in Virginia was an attack on Democracy,

Peaceful protests for civil liberties are not an attack on democracy.

izzythepush wrote:
mob rule by armed fascist inbreds

Progressives resort to childish name-calling because they cannot defend their ideology with facts or logic.

izzythepush wrote:
intent on murdering anyone who objected to their presence.

Peacefully protesting for civil liberties isn't intent to murder.

izzythepush wrote:
You can't peacefully protest against that, the only option is armed resistance

Progressives do like the idea of massacring peaceful protesters (look at what's going on in Venezuela these days). Luckily though we have law enforcement in America to protect us from progressives.

izzythepush wrote:
and the opposition decided to take the adult path and avoid a bloodbath.

It's more that the police would not allow progressives to massacre the peaceful protesters.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 04:56 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
My IQ is 170.

How nice of you to remind everyone (yet again). Do you have proof? (because your posts here, betray that as being even a remote possibility)

Quote:
Yours isn't.

Then again, snood hasn't indicated his IQ. He has no need to. Besides, his superior intellect (especially compared to you) shows someone at least twice as smart as you. (that's when he's having an off day and you're looking at crib notes)
oralloy

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:09 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
How nice of you to remind everyone (yet again).

Snood brought it up, not me.

Sturgis wrote:
Do you have proof?

Do I need proof?

At any rate, your inability to point out any errors in my posts is an indication of my superior intelligence.

Sturgis wrote:
(because your posts here, betray that as being even a remote possibility)

Wrong again. The fact that you cannot point out any errors in my posts is an indication of my superior intelligence.

Sturgis wrote:
Then again, snood hasn't indicated his IQ. He has no need to.

He apparently had a need to talk about mine.

Sturgis wrote:
Besides, his superior intellect (especially compared to you) shows someone at least twice as smart as you. (that's when he's having an off day and you're looking at crib notes)

Wrong again. Snood isn't even a tenth as smart as I am. He is a lot smarter than you are though.
McGentrix

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:12 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Besides, his superior intellect (especially compared to you) shows someone at least twice as smart as you.

I have to take umbrage with your analysis here. Snood has proven himself to be adequately intelligent. He has made rank in the military so that shows a modicum of intelligence. His petty insults and nasty behavior shows his emotional IQ somewhere between a theater chair and a pre-schooler. Combined I'd say Snood was of average intelligence at best. But, I can only judge by what he posts here.

I am sure that if we were to collect and sample a good portion of Snood's posts that we would find a seriously low collegiate word ratio.

Quote:
To determine an individual’s IQ based on their vocabulary, a quantitative way to measure the quality of their vocabulary is necessary. For the purposes of this project, we will define a “Collegiate Word” as a word the SAT considers a part of strong vocabulary usage. The College Word Ratio (CWR), which we will refer to through this paper, is therefore defined as:
Collegiate Word Ratio = Collegiate Word Count/ Total Word Count

In the past I have had to do this to figure out if reading materials was age appropriate for students... If you would like to undertake this process, the results might surprise you.
McGentrix

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:14 pm
@oralloy,
I am sure Snoods IQ is above 17.
coldjoint

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:27 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I am sure Snoods IQ is above 17.

Going out on a limb?
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:33 pm
@McGentrix,
I would characterize the difference between "Snood's intelligence" and "my intelligence" as being very much like the difference between "a colony of bacteria" and "a mythical titan".
McGentrix

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:42 pm
@oralloy,
https://i.imgflip.com/22cpya.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 05:48 pm
Non-deplorable news from all over:
Quote:
Even in battleground states, support for removing Trump is higher than his job approval
WP
Builder

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 06:04 pm
Polls used to mean something, until everybody got it wrong about HRC.

0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 06:50 pm
Supreme Court will not decide whether Obamacare is unconstitutional until after the 2020 election.
https://apnews.com/9484c188fa7ce505cc60b56aa87a108e
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 06:56 pm
Quote:
Conservative States Seek Billions to Brace for Disaster. (Just Don’t Call It Climate Change.)
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is about to distribute billions of dollars to coastal states mainly in the South to help steel them against natural disasters worsened by climate change.
But states that qualify must first explain why they need the money. That has triggered linguistic acrobatics as some conservative states submit lengthy, detailed proposals on how they will use the money, while mostly not mentioning climate change.

A 306-page draft proposal from Texas doesn’t use the terms “climate change” or “global warming,” nor does South Carolina’s proposal. Instead, Texas refers to “changing coastal conditions” and South Carolina talks about the “destabilizing effects and unpredictability” of being hit by three major storms in four years, while being barely missed by three other hurricanes.
NYT
The level of dishonesty and corruption that marks the modern GOP reveals itself in many areas and many ways.
coldjoint

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 06:59 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
The level of dishonesty

Is upsetting, isn't it? You should choose your words more carefully.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 07:07 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
The level of dishonesty and corruption that marks the modern GOP...
isn't a patch on what Biden did for his drug addict son in China and the Ukraine.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 07:16 pm
Quote:
Brian Beutler
@brianbeutler
·
3h
Every Republican senator just voted to block key document subpoenas, so that the trial will begin with those documents still concealed. Cover up step one is complete.
Brian Beutler
@brianbeutler
·
1h
Every Republican senator just voted to block yet more key document subpoenas so that the trial will begin with essentially all government documents concealed. Cover up step two is complete.
Brian Beutler
@brianbeutler
·
42m
Every Republican senator just voted to block document subpoenas to OMB so that the trial will begin without the benefit of any internal documents related to the withholding of funds to Ukraine. Cover up step three is complete.
0 Replies