monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette3

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 10:03 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Anything that is faked or misrepresented might not be immediately evident (they'll have that expertise). The goal will be to present some negative story and then get it shoved into media coverage in the US to disrupt and to encourage possible Dem voters to becomes disillusioned and apathetic and then staying home rather than voting.

Some of that worked pretty good last time, so why not again? It probably will. (before someone shows and says Hillary lost her campaign, I know, but still the Russian hack and propaganda bots and other methods all had an impact in various ways. With the results so close, maybe it made the difference between a Trump presidency and a Hillary presidency. Hillary would have been better by far.
0 Replies

revelette3

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 10:05 am
@blatham,
He got brass that is for sure. One of the first things he did was to find a million ways to gut the ACA into what it is now, which is not desirable. What is worse, his lies works in places like KY, I know, I have to listen to it when I go to places like the beauty shop.
RABEL222

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 11:36 am
@revelette3,
It also works in rural aAmerica.I live in the rural midamerica and am a minority in pointing out Trump is a crook. Just like the conservative people on this site want proof but ignore it when presented.
izzythepush

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 12:01 pm
@RABEL222,
They're not interested in the truth, only in hearing that which reinforces their own prejudices.
revelette3

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 12:28 pm
@RABEL222,
Oh well, I must confess, the only place I talk politics is either my siblings and my dad, otherwise, just online. I have live here and I don't like face to face confrontation or getting into public spats, political or otherwise. Likewise I keep my political mouth shut at my in-laws family gatherings or church. Kind of do the same with religion. Guess that is why I don't much facebook. I get bored there with those subjects gone for the most part. I find myself in disagreement on religious matters too, even among people who believe in Christianity the same as I do and at my own particular church. Again, keep my mouth shut.
coldjoint

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 12:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
They're not interested in the truth,

Your truth is the narrative spewed by the MSM. The narrative is not the truth. It is repeated unproven accusations supplied by anonymous sources and corrupt politicians , nothing more than that.
coldjoint

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 12:48 pm
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/Shooting_Back_Small20200111025227.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 01:10 pm
@snood,
Quote:
And judging from the direction that attacks took before, my guess is one tact they will take will likely be something that makes him appear racist,

He is white, he already "appears" to be a racist by the standards set by the MSM.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 01:16 pm
@revelette3,
I only talk politics with like minded people. I have a friend I talk to, her husband isn't interested in politics so every so often we meet up and chat.

Which reminds me I've got to finish a book she gave me. It's very good, but I really should have finished it by now.

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1179470317l/921359.jpg
coldjoint

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 01:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I only talk politics with like minded people.

Then you never hear anything close to the truth. See how that works?
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 02:51 pm
I understand that William Barr and the Republican Party at large are considering passing legislation which will immediately upon passage disallow any witness testimony or documentation of any sort prejudicial against those falsely accused in criminal trials.

"This is about fairness. It is about justice for all Americans. It's about transparency. Fake testimony and fake documentation only serve to muddy the waters and to confuse juries and citizens of this great nation. We will not allow such oppression and injustice to continue any further" it's being reported that Barr has confided in private conversations.
blatham

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 03:02 pm
Greg Sargent lays out the Trump/McConnell/GOP messaging/propaganda strategy re the Senate trial here
Quote:
...Now, if any vulnerable GOP senators do vote for dismissal or against new witnesses, Democrats will work to extract a political price for it. This worries McConnell, who wants to ensure that vulnerable senators can “credibly claim to voters that they took their constitutional duties seriously,” as the New York Times puts it.

And so, if either of those — a dismissal, or no new witnesses or evidence — does take place, the spin would then become that this is a fair and impartial process, relative to the dismissal at the outset that some Trump allies demanded.

Trump’s media allies are also floating another related trick. They are calling for a “one for one” approach: If Democrats get to call former national security adviser John Bolton, then Trump’s defenders get to call, say, Hunter Biden. This is absurd on its face:
Quote:
George Conway
@gtconway3d
It’s also not how trials work in any court. You don’t get to call an irrelevant and spurious witness just because the other side calls a relevant and legitimate one.
https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes
/status/1217060585965326339

Indeed, the idea is likely an obvious ruse: The goal, again, is to spin a no-witnesses outcome as a fair one. This banks on both-sidesing media coverage playing along: Not hearing from witnesses with direct knowledge of Trump’s extortion scheme will get placed on a plane of equivalence with not hearing from the Bidens. Neither side got its way!
revelette3

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 03:11 pm
@coldjoint,
In this case, the truth we were speaking of is easily proved. When Trump first took office, he signed a slew of executive orders, mostly just going through a check list of Obama achievements and reversing them. Among them one of the first is dealing with ACA. He has written several of those, each damaging to Americans who get their insurance through ACA just in his first year in office alone. He has written more since then. He has not made our health care system better, so it is another lie and yet suckers keep swallowing it.

oralloy

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 03:12 pm
@blatham,
Progressive witch hunters sure do like the idea of trials where the defendant is not allowed to present a defense.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 03:24 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
When Trump first took office, he signed a slew of executive orders,

That is what a president does. Trump wants competition and the free market to drop costs. It will not be easy getting there.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 03:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
They're not interested in the truth, only in hearing that which reinforces their own prejudices.

Quote:
I only talk politics with like minded people.

Both quotes from Izzy, what is the difference?
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 04:05 pm
Totally off topic and frankly I don't give a ****.

Some of you will be familiar with Phoebe Waller Bridge (Fleabag, Killing Eve), a young female writer/actor of serious genius. She was taken on as one of the script writers for the new James Bond film. And now, another young female genius has a part in all this...
Quote:
Billie Eilish has achieved yet another musical milestone. The 18-year-old pop wonder is recording the theme song for the upcoming 25th James Bond film, “No Time to Die,” becoming the youngest artist to do so. Eilish, who co-wrote the song with her brother, Finneas O’Connell, will follow in the footsteps of such artists as Paul McCartney, Gladys Knight, Tom Jones, Duran Duran and Adele.
WP

These two women amaze me utterly. And both are already influencing the art forms they work in. That influence seems certain to increase as they continue working.
McGentrix

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 04:16 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I understand that William Barr and the Republican Party at large are considering passing legislation which will immediately upon passage disallow any witness testimony or documentation of any sort prejudicial against those falsely accused in criminal trials.

"This is about fairness. It is about justice for all Americans. It's about transparency. Fake testimony and fake documentation only serve to muddy the waters and to confuse juries and citizens of this great nation. We will not allow such oppression and injustice to continue any further" it's being reported that Barr has confided in private conversations.

Where was this fake outrage during Schiff's circus? Don't recall your complaining then, or maybe you can point to those posts?
McGentrix

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 04:19 pm
@blatham,
Good, she is a talented artist.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 14 Jan, 2020 04:27 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

The existing power structures in Russia far more likely responsible than something random. Doing damage to any threat to Trump being the goal.

They'll look for anything that can be presented as damning evidence on the Bidens. Truthfulness won't matter of course but that's how it would be presented.

Anything that is faked or misrepresented might not be immediately evident (they'll have that expertise). The goal will be to present some negative story and then get it shoved into media coverage in the US to disrupt and to encourage possible Dem voters to becomes disillusioned and apathetic and then staying home rather than voting.

You're all in on the boogeyman, huh? Anything that happens at all untowards a potential Democrat or merely looks like it might impact one is all Russia all the time with you. Good to know how to weigh your posts moving forward.