monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 07:22 pm
@coldjoint,
Americans do vote here and we did not voie for trump either
BillW

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 07:29 pm
MJ, I don't know why you persist in responding to an irrelevant Russian bot; but, you go dude! Drunk

I'll tell you what, how many historical movies over the next 20 years will have tRump as an evil, villian?
coldjoint

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 07:43 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
MJ, I don't know why you persist in responding to an irrelevant Russian bot;

Since 2013. The robot that shows your irrelevance, that one?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 07:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Americans do vote here and we did not voie for trump either

I got news for you, voting for someone does not make them a winner. You have had three years to learn that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 07:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
hes been impeached

No he hasn't. Pelosi has yet to submit the charges to the Senate.
MontereyJack

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 08:01 pm
@oralloy,
Yes he has. Submitting charges is a different matterenrirely.
coldjoint

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 08:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Submitting charges is a different matterenrirely.

Submitting those articles to the Senate is the whole matter. She has not done that.
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 08:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:

---------
Procedure
At the federal level, the impeachment process is a three-step procedure.[18]

First, the Congress investigates. This investigation typically begins in the House Judiciary Committee, but may begin elsewhere.

Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached."
---------
18. Impeachment and Removal - Congressional Research Service, October 29, 2015
oralloy

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 08:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Yes he has.

That is incorrect. Pelosi backed down and is so far not submitting the charges to the Senate.

MontereyJack wrote:
Submitting charges is a different matter enrirely.

That is incorrect. Impeachment is an attempt to remove someone from office via trial in the Senate. If there are no charges submitted to the Senate, then there is no impeachment.

It's sort of like how indictment is an attempt to impose criminal penalties via trial in criminal court. If a prosecutor backs down and doesn't submit any charges to the court, then no one has been charged with a crime.
InfraBlue

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 09:49 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

MontereyJack wrote:
Yes he has.

That is incorrect. Pelosi backed down and is so far not submitting the charges to the Senate.

That is incorrect. The charges are the impeachment. It's the equivalent of a grand jury indictment.

oralloy wrote:

MontereyJack wrote:
Submitting charges is a different matter enrirely.

That is incorrect. Impeachment is an attempt to remove someone from office via trial in the Senate. If there are no charges submitted to the Senate, then there is no impeachment.

It's sort of like how indictment is an attempt to impose criminal penalties via trial in criminal court. If a prosecutor backs down and doesn't submit any charges to the court, then no one has been charged with a crime.

That is incorrect. Impeachment is the bringing of charges of crimes against a federal officer, in this case the POTUS, by the House of Representatives. The attempt to impose criminal penalties, which in the case of the POTUS is only removal from office, is a trial by the Senate. The charge of crime, i.e. indictment, stands regardless of whether or not the House of Representatives notifies the Senate of the indictment.
snood

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 10:05 pm
@InfraBlue,
Seriously, why even bother?
coldjoint

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 10:26 pm
@snood,
Quote:

You talking about nominating a Democrat to run for president in 2020? Sounds like it.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Sat 28 Dec, 2019 11:08 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I also have something of an issue with OCD.
0 Replies

lmur

Sun 29 Dec, 2019 02:35 am
Der Trumpenfuhrer strikes yet another blow in favour of Justice, Truth and the American Way by outing the whistleblower. All Hail His Tiny Tweeting Finger.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50936816
roger

Sun 29 Dec, 2019 04:26 am
@lmur,
He is kind of an international embarrassment, isn't he?
Region Philbis

Sun 29 Dec, 2019 06:57 am
@roger,

kind of?
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 29 Dec, 2019 07:06 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EM4rC8kXkAMLkZl?format=jpg&name=small

Fake story I now discover. It really was too good to be true.
oralloy

Sun 29 Dec, 2019 07:09 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
That is incorrect.

No, my facts are all in order.

InfraBlue wrote:
The charges are the impeachment. It's the equivalent of a grand jury indictment.

Yes. And Pelosi backed down and is so far not submitting any charges to the Senate.

InfraBlue wrote:
That is incorrect.

No, my facts are all in order.

InfraBlue wrote:
Impeachment is the bringing of charges of crimes against a federal officer, in this case the POTUS, by the House of Representatives. The attempt to impose criminal penalties, which in the case of the POTUS is only removal from office, is a trial by the Senate.

Mostly correct.

In addition to removal from their current office, the Senate can also disqualify the accused from ever holding office again.

InfraBlue wrote:
The charge of crime, i.e. indictment, stands regardless of whether or not the House of Representatives notifies the Senate of the indictment.

That is incorrect. If charges are not submitted, then there are no charges.
oralloy

Sun 29 Dec, 2019 07:11 am
@lmur,
lmur wrote:
Der Trumpenfuhrer strikes yet another blow in favour of Justice, Truth and the American Way by outing the whistleblower.

I know that the Democrats are doing their very best to conduct a witch hunt here. But in a fair trial, the accused has the right to confront their accusers.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Sun 29 Dec, 2019 09:49 am
@lmur,
Der Trumpenfuhrer
Too funny!
AKA The Yammerin' Yam
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-B7NdpMqAaYw/WII7Ae9cAiI/AAAAAAABB-g/Bxl_MIa9r4ggLKASJMc7WYOAH2H3ciNzACLcB/s1600/DonaldTrump-TalkingYam.JPG
0 Replies