monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Hillary lied from the beginning, and kept digging her hole deeper to keep up the lie. I used to think she was intelligent, but her lying caught up with her.

Hillary, 0bama, Reid, Pelosi, etc... they all lied, and their lies caught up with them.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:40 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

Really? He's for the people? Well then, I can't wait to wait for it.

Well, according to many spoksmen for the liberal elite he was elected by all those high school educated white men ( and more black men than voted for Romney) . In addition the mass female majority expected for Clintoin didn't materialize. They are all people

I do appreciate the condescending taxonimies Our liberal elite so graciously uses to categorize us lesser beings.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:42 am
@layman,
Do you understand why the faculty and students at Wharton disavowed Trump as a grad of that college?
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Do you understand why the faculty and students at Wharton disavowed Trump as a grad of that college?

No, I didn't even know they did, Al. Why did they do that?
Frugal1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:44 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
Yes boys and girls Washington and politics are in for a big change it's not going to be business as usual where when Boeing says it'll cost 4 billion dollars for this plane and somebody just rubber-stamps it.

He's negotiating the price downward in the public eye, and I love it.
layman

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:46 am
@Frugal1,
Trump aint no chump!
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:50 am
@layman,
Trump is a liar, misogynist and scammer who inherited his wealth.
He would be much richer now if he had invested his money in index funds rather than in properties. Look it up, and get some real education.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:52 am
@layman,
Look it up.
giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Subjective bullshit... Where's the proof?
revelette1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:13 pm
@giujohn,
Well, regardless of a new package deal or whatever, he will still have to ditch Trumpforce 1 unless he wants to pay for his private Jet to be outfitted with security of Airforce 1. Perhaps the two are related? I am sure our tax dollars were even at risk.

Quote:
Washington (CNN)When he was running for president, Donald Trump boasted he would swap out Air Force One with his private jet.
But now that he has won the presidency, can he really continue to use his personal aircraft?

A US official told CNN it would be "nearly functionally impossible" for President Trump to fly on anything other than the Air Force One, which is owned by the US military.

AF1, the designation given only when the president is on board, is equipped with special security features to protect the commander in chief while in flight.

For example, AF1 is equipped to evade and distract surface to air missiles. Also, in the event of a nuclear blast AF1 has special shielding that would prevent the plane's components from being destroyed. The plane also has a special communications package that allows the president to receive classified information while in flight.

While Trump has significant security around any airport he flies in and out of, Trump's private jet does not have this specialized equipment and the official said it would be "cost prohibitive to install all of that on Trump's own plane and he would have to foot the bill for that."

The official added, "No one tells the president he can't do something. Instead, you lay out all the reasons it's functionally impossible."
Swapping out Air Force One for Trump Force One is exactly that, the official said -- nearly functionally impossible.

The official added Trump's plane would not be big enough to carry all the staff he would need to travel with.

But don't feel bad for the President-elect. Air Force One is decked out with bedroom, kitchen, offices, full communications and even TVs in case he wants to watch cable news.

source
giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:13 pm
@Debra Law,
If Trump finds a legal way of eliminating our debt... You won't find me complaining.

And when you find more money in your pocket you're not going to be complaining when you're spending it. I don't believe for a minute you will give him any credit... But I'll bet your ass you spend it.
giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Is that before or after he builds that wall, and adds his 35% tariffs? Do you know what his 35% tariff will cost in trade and US jobs?

LOL he won't have to impose the Tariff the threat will be enough.

Your fear is ridiculous in relation to China's 25% tariff on cars that we sell them and most times the stuff they sell it only has a 2% tariff... This **** has to change... And if there are some Growing Pains to effect that change oh ******* well.
Frugal1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:18 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Trump aint no chump!

I know, and he's certainly making folks realize just how big of a chump 0bama is. This thing with Boeing goes well beyond AF1, Trump is putting everybody that deals with the US Government on notice.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:19 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Well, regardless of a new package deal or whatever, he will still have to ditch Trumpforce 1 unless he wants to pay for his private Jet to be outfitted with security of Airforce 1. Perhaps the two are related? I am sure our tax dollars were even at risk.

Quote:
Washington (CNN)When he was running for president, Donald Trump boasted he would swap out Air Force One with his private jet.
But now that he has won the presidency, can he really continue to use his personal aircraft?

A US official told CNN it would be "nearly functionally impossible" for President Trump to fly on anything other than the Air Force One, which is owned by the US military.

AF1, the designation given only when the president is on board, is equipped with special security features to protect the commander in chief while in flight.

For example, AF1 is equipped to evade and distract surface to air missiles. Also, in the event of a nuclear blast AF1 has special shielding that would prevent the plane's components from being destroyed. The plane also has a special communications package that allows the president to receive classified information while in flight.

While Trump has significant security around any airport he flies in and out of, Trump's private jet does not have this specialized equipment and the official said it would be "cost prohibitive to install all of that on Trump's own plane and he would have to foot the bill for that."

The official added, "No one tells the president he can't do something. Instead, you lay out all the reasons it's functionally impossible."
Swapping out Air Force One for Trump Force One is exactly that, the official said -- nearly functionally impossible.

The official added Trump's plane would not be big enough to carry all the staff he would need to travel with.

But don't feel bad for the President-elect. Air Force One is decked out with bedroom, kitchen, offices, full communications and even TVs in case he wants to watch cable news.

source

It's just nuclear bomb EM shielding and anti missile tech...why would this president or any president think that's important.

What's important? Are the toilet seats gold plated? 14k or 24k?
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:30 pm
@revelette1,
Apparently you still don't get it. We're not talking about using his private jet inplace of Air Force One, this is about leverage using the bully pulpit to get a better deal for the taxpayer. Boeing's last contract for Air Force One was 1.6 billion now they want over four billion...their costs could not have gone up that much. It's about not rubber stamping these deal... Business as usual. It's about a smart businessman putting people on notice. And that my dear will ingratiate him to the majority of Americans come 2020.
revelette1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:52 pm
@giujohn,
Well I am not so sure as I haven't kept up with Trump's deals. I guess since you haven't provided a link, I will have to look up the story and find out the context.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:11 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Subjective bullshit... Where's the proof?

Maybe CI will provide the required proof as soon as Trump provides the required proof to substantiate his claim that he won the popular vote.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:11 pm
In the first place, I am not sure it is in Trump's power to cancel an order until he is actually President, which he is not yet. However, you are right, as far as I can tell, this deal was struck last January; a contract was signed.

Quote:
The Air Force said previously that it had earmarked $1.65 billion for two new presidential aircraft, which will be four-engine Boeing 747-8s. The source of Trump's $4 billion cost estimate for the program was not immediately clear, although a Government Accountability Office report from last March priced it at roughly $3.2 billion.

The Pentagon announced the deal with Boeing last January, awarding an initial contract worth nearly $26 million for initial research for the new planes, according to Reuters. The Defense Department awarded an additional $127.3 million contract in July to develop interior, power and electronic specifications for the next-generation aircraft, according to FlightGlobal, a publication that covers the aviation industry.

"We are currently under contract for $170 million to help determine the capabilities of these complex military aircraft that serve the unique requirements of the President of the United States," Boeing said in a statement released Tuesday morning. "We look forward to working with the U.S. Air Force on subsequent phases of the program allowing us to deliver the best planes for the president at the best value for the American taxpayer."

In addition to the presidential aircraft that Trump will fly on as president, the Manhattan billionaire maintains a personal fleet that includes two planes and three helicopters. The New York Times reported last April that four of Trump's five aircraft are more than 20 years old, which is rare for someone of the president-elect's wealth. According to the Times, Trump's largest, and favorite, aircraft from the fleet is his 1991 Boeing 757, which has brushed 24-karat gold fixtures and leather toilet seats.

source

In the third place, I am not sure Trump can cancel a contract already signed by a previous President but I don't really know how that works. In the fourth place, maybe some of research technology is needed on those planes and it just cost a lot?
maporsche

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:13 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Boeing's last contract for Air Force One was 1.6 billion now they want over four billion...their costs could not have gone up that much.

You mean the last contract done in 1984??

Costs for airplanes with the most advanced security and military equipment haven't gone up that much in over 30 years?

Inflation alone puts 1.6 billion in 1984 to 3.7 billion in 2016.
Debra Law

Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:15 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

If Trump finds a legal way of eliminating our debt... You won't find me complaining.

And when you find more money in your pocket you're not going to be complaining when you're spending it. I don't believe for a minute you will give him any credit... But I'll bet your ass you spend it.

Goodie. Is he going to mail me a check? I'm looking forward to that shopping spree.