monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 09:25 pm
@snood,
Quote:
We have laws

Find the one about posing with dead people and get back to me. We need virility to survive, that is part of it. You have been emasculated.
neptuneblue

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 10:04 pm
@coldjoint,
And this is why you don't understand military matters. It is unethical and immoral to pose with a kill. It is Conduct Unbecoming of an Officer. UCMJ #133. Gallagher was convicted of such an offence. For you to defend such action is abhorrent.
coldjoint

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 10:21 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
For you to defend such action is abhorrent.

When it comes from you, I can live with it.
neptuneblue

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 10:43 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm not understanding why you think breaking a Code Of Military Justice is a good thing.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 11:30 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
It is unethical and immoral to pose with a kill.

What did you think of this, from your SoS?

MontereyJack

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 11:42 pm
@Builder,
got nothing to do with posing with a dead body as far as I can see. just sloppily edited tape and unrelated voiceover.. you had a point posting it?
snood

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 11:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
They never have a point other than that they will say anything to defend everything their fraud traitor pResident does.
coldjoint

Thu 28 Nov, 2019 11:59 pm
@snood,
Quote:
They never have a point other than that they will say anything to defend everything their fraud traitor pResident does.

I think Builder is from Down Under. Not his president, and Obama was, and still is, a traitor.

So you agree you have been emasculated?
Builder

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 12:39 am
@coldjoint,
Snood mumbled;
Quote:

All I'm seeing here, is an extension of the mass media mind control, completely ignoring the big picture, of how Trump even landed in the hot seat in the first place.

Never a mention of the economic recovery, or the fact that employment stats are great, or the trade war with China is actually resulting in them ceding important ground.

CJ wrote;
Quote:
I think Builder is from Down Under.

He is, indeed. Though we're still curious as to how north is up, and south is down, when you look at the bigger picture.

Quote:
Not his president, and Obama was, and still is, a traitor

The more we find out about Barry, and his boyfriend Michael, it would appear that they cuckolded the whole nation. Someone has a great sense of the absurd, in enabling his ascension to the whitehouse.

Quote:
So you agree you have been emasculated?

Any American man, who thought HRC was going to be good for their nation, clearly doesn't have a set to lose.

neptuneblue

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 06:34 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
It is unethical and immoral to pose with a kill.

What did you think of this, from your SoS?

When you pull a video like this out, I know you've already lost your argument.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 06:38 am
h/t to Clive James
I first bumped into him via an interview on CBC radio. He was a media critic and in this interview was relating how reality TV was playing out around the world. He was incredibly bright and hilarious. The Times has a piece up on him worth your while, if interested. Here's one typical bit of the fellow:
Quote:
About smoking pot, he wrote in the same book: “I not only Bogarted that joint, I Lee Marvined it.”

Here's one more:
Quote:
He wrote that Perry Como — this is for older readers — resembled “a man who has simultaneously been told to say ‘Cheese’ and shot in the back by a poisoned arrow.”
NYT
izzythepush

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 07:49 am
@blatham,
He was a great man and will be missed.
coluber2001

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 03:02 pm
@izzythepush,
He (Clive James) also wrote a book, "Fame in the 20th Century" that was turned into a wonderful PBS series of the same name.
MontereyJack

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 03:04 pm
@Builder,
some aussie has really gone wackadoodle with that farrago.
Builder

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 04:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
LOL. I didn't compile the video, but it is well done.

Pointing out the hypocrisy of your mates is also a staunchly Australian tradition.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 11:36 pm
Quote:
Goodwin: Remembering when the New York Times had higher standards

Quote:
But the collapse of the Times that we speak of is not about dollars and cents. It is about the collapse of its traditional standards of fairness and restraint, and the disastrous impact that collapse is having on American journalism.

It is important to note that the power of the Times extends far beyond its actual reader base. Its news service has a global reach, and it is the most imitated news outlet in America. Read almost any newspaper (or watch television news) and you will see a copycat of the Times’ way of reporting and writing.

Thus, the collapse of its standards is like a virus infecting journalism everywhere. The public has noticed.

In a stunning finding, a poll last year revealed that 72% of Americans believe “traditional major news sources report news they know to be fake, false or purposely misleading.” A separate poll found just one in three respondents thinks the Times gets it right most of the time.

Someone agrees with me, more than people thought, I bet.
https://nypost.com/2019/11/26/goodwin-remembering-when-the-new-york-times-had-higher-standards/
Walter Hinteler

Sat 30 Nov, 2019 01:04 am
Quote:
US president’s visit to UK for Nato summit making Tories nervous about what he may say

Donald Trump arrives in London next week for a two-day Nato summit which will see him greeted on Tuesday evening by doctors, nurses and other NHS workers leading a protest of tens of thousands outside Buckingham Palace.

The protesters – aiming to highlight potential risks to the NHS in a future US-UK trade deal – will march from Trafalgar Square up the Mall, and gather at Canada Gate when Trump and other Nato leaders meet the Queen at a 6pm drinks reception.
The Guardian
Builder

Sat 30 Nov, 2019 03:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
US president’s visit to UK for Nato summit making Tories nervous about what he may say

The sooner they toss randy Andy under a bus, the better off they'll be.

Quote:
A dossier on paedophiles allegedly associated with the British government was assembled by the British Member of Parliament Geoffrey Dickens, who handed it to the then-Home Secretary, Leon Brittan, in 1984. The whereabouts of the dossier is unknown, along with other files on organised child abuse that had been held by the Home Office.[1]

In 2013, the Home Office stated that all relevant information had been passed to the police, and that Dickens' dossier had not been retained. It was later disclosed that 114 documents concerning child abuse allegations were missing. In July 2014, the Labour Party called for a new inquiry into the way that the allegations had been handled, and the Prime Minister, David Cameron, ordered the permanent secretary of the Home Office, Mark Sedwill, to investigate the circumstances of the lost dossier.

On 7 July 2014, the Home Secretary, Theresa May, announced a review into the handling of historic child abuse allegations, to be led by Peter Wanless, chief executive of the NSPCC, and the establishment of a public panel inquiry into the duty of care taken in the protection of children from paedophiles by British public institutions, led by an independent panel of experts and chaired by Baroness Butler-Sloss. Butler-Sloss later stood down as chair of the inquiry.[2] On 5 September 2014, it was announced that it would instead be chaired by Fiona Woolf[3] but on 31 October 2014 she, too, resigned from the role.[4] On 4 February 2015 it was announced that the inquiry would be chaired by Justice Lowell Goddard, a New Zealand High Court judge. The existing panel would be disbanded, and the inquiry would be given new powers.[5] On 4 August 2016, she also resigned from the role.[6]

Swamp all the way to the top.

source
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 30 Nov, 2019 05:25 am
@coluber2001,
I don't know about PBS, but he did a lot of work for the BBC. That's where I knew him from, although he did narrate a satirical LP about the Royal Wedding which I'm unable to find online.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 30 Nov, 2019 05:35 am
@coldjoint,
Really meaningful, especially from such an utterly pro-Trump rag.

Nobody can remember when the N.Y. Post had any standards.