monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 05:30 am
@oralloy,
I should add: Since a $25,000 fine was good enough justice for Bill Clinton's crime spree, even if you could produce a case that Mr. Trump broke the law, why shouldn't he be held to the same standard that Bill Clinton was held to?
neptuneblue

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 05:39 am
@oralloy,
That's the stupidest argument you've laid out to date. Come on, try. Let's just see that great intellect do some reasoning. Just try.
oralloy

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 06:01 am
@neptuneblue,
I know that Democrats would really like for there to be a double standard so that they can be above the law. But no, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

If you ever manage to come up with a compelling case that Mr. Trump is as much of a criminal as Bill Clinton is, that same $25,000 fine will do just fine for Mr. Trump as well.
izzythepush

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:11 am
Fiona Hill looks like the villain from a Roald Dahl book.
MontereyJack

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:16 am
@oralloy,
The fines dobn't work that wat. Never have. Trump is far more of a crook than Clinton, in far more areas. Charity fraud. Education fraud. Malfeasance in office. Serial lying. And now high crimes and misdemeanors including abuse of power.
BillW

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:19 am
Such devastatingly disastrous testimony from these two witnesses this morning. Anyone against them are anti USA and pro Putinites. Sad day for tRump and all his henchmen thugs!!!!!
MontereyJack

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:19 am
@oralloy,
And Democrats obey the law. That's why there are the impeachment herarings. Dems obey the lawful procedures the FFs wrote in the Constitution. I know the GOP including AG Barr maintain the prez is above the law, but the voters think he has to obey the law too,
oralloy

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:23 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. It was against the law for Bill Clinton to commit multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct.

The reason why there are impeachment hearings is because Democrats abuse their power to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with them.
MontereyJack

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:23 am
@oralloy,
the usual blah blah blah denialism.
oralloy

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:25 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Your failure to back up your claims is duly noted.

the usual blah blah blah denialism.

Wrong again. Neptuneblue could not back up any of her claims.
oralloy

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:30 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The fines don't work that way. Never have.

That is incorrect. Fines have been an accepted criminal penalty since the dawn of history.

And they certainly worked that way for Bill Clinton.

MontereyJack wrote:
Trump is far more of a crook than Clinton, in far more areas.

You cannot provide any evidence that Mr. Trump has broken a single law.

MontereyJack wrote:
abuse of power.

I know that the Democrats really want to be above the law. But no, investigating Democratic crimes is not an abuse of power.

The only abuse of power here is the way Democrats have been trying to launch investigations into Trump from the day that he was elected.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:36 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Such devastatingly disastrous testimony from these two witnesses this morning.

I doubt that.

BillW wrote:
Sad day for tRump and all his henchmen thugs!!!!!

I doubt that as well.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 10:52 am
Quote:
It’s worth emphasizing this point:

All the witnesses whose testimony has been damaging to Mr. Trump have given that testimony under oath.
All of those who we are led to believe would exonerate the president have so far refused to testify.
0 Replies

revelette3

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 11:02 am
Trump lashes out at Fox News amid impeachment fight

Quote:
“Why do @ShannonBream & @FoxNews waste airtime on Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell, who recently left the Presidential Primaries having attained a grand number of ZERO in the polls,” Trump wrote. “I don’t even know how that is possible. Fox should stay with the people that got them there, not losers!”
Story Continued Below

0 Replies

revelette3

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 11:09 am
Trump launches another real-time attack on an impeachment witness

Quote:
“I have been watching people making phone calls my entire life. My hearing is, and has been, great,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Never have I been watching a person making a call, which was not on speakerphone, and been able to hear or understand a conversation. I’ve even tried, but to no avail. Try it live!”

Of course your hearing is great, everything about you is great. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Holmes previously told lawmakers in a closed-door deposition last week and testified again Thursday that he and two other State Department staffers joined Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, for a July 26 lunch in the Ukrainian capital.

During that meal on a restaurant's outdoor terrace — at which Sondland selected a bottle of wine and the four “discussed topics such as marketing strategies for his hotel business” — Holmes testified that Sondland placed a call on his mobile phone to Trump.

Although the call “was not on speakerphone,” Holmes said he “could hear the President’s voice through the earpiece” of Sondland’s phone.

“The President’s voice was very loud and recognizable, and Ambassador Sondland held the phone away from his ear for a period of time, presumably because of the loud volume,” Holmes said.

Holmes went on to testify that Sondland told Trump that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky “loves your ass,” and that Trump asked Sondland whether Zelensky is “gonna do the investigation?”

Sondland told Trump that Zelensky is “gonna do it,” Holmes recounted, and that Zelensky will do “anything you ask him to.”

Oh, oh, "Deep State, Deep State."
coldjoint

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 11:27 am
@revelette3,
Is Trump's reaction unexpected? Not after three years of him punching back, it is predictable. Therefore it is not news it is just another reason for more negative press, which is more than predictable.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 11:38 am
@oralloy,
I can, just not at this moment. Some of us work...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 11:38 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
"Living space." I wonder how that's said in Hebrew.

It is wrong for you to try to deprive indigenous Israeli Jews of their ancient homeland in the West Bank to make room for Palestinian aggressors.

The first Zionists were indigenous to Europe. The Palestinians are indigenous to Palestine.
coldjoint

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 11:40 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
The Palestinians are indigenous to Palestine.

The Palestinians were not invented until the loss of the Six Day war. That was in the 1960's.
hightor

Thu 21 Nov, 2019 12:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The Palestinians were not invented until the loss of the Six Day war. That was in the 1960's.

Read some history so you don't come off as an ignoramus. The term has been used to refer to the historic occupants of the land known as "Palestine" since way before the Six Day War. Is your notion that the term is a recent "invention" some sort of conservative "talking point" you picked out of a right-wing garbage can?