monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:23 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:

He has been accused, and you know it, if not, I just accused him

I understand thats how the entire right wing "news" works.

Truth always can correct your "if not I just accused him" worldview
blatham

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 08:34 am
@glitterbag,
Fine decision.
blatham

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 08:39 am
@glitterbag,
Re Linda Tripp...Yes. And the role of Lucianne Goldberg played in that story. She had a history prior as well.
Quote:
In 1970, Goldberg and her friend Jeannie Sakol founded an organization called the "Pussycat League" to oppose the women's liberation movement,[11] and in 1971 she and Sakol published Purr Baby Purr, a critique of feminism.[13][14]
During the 1972 presidential campaign, she joined the press corps covering Democratic candidate George McGovern claiming to be a reporter for the Women's News Service, though she was on leave of absence from that position.[12] In fact Goldberg was being paid $1000 a week – $5990 in today's dollars – to spy on McGovern and those traveling with him on the campaign's planes.[11][12] When recruited, she was told U.S. President Nixon himself had approved the spying, which was to include traditional political intelligence and information on personal habits: "'They were looking for really dirty stuff,' [she] said. 'Who was sleeping with whom, what the secret service men were doing with the stewardesses, who was smoking pot on the plane – that sort of thing. I was told to send it all along.'"[12] Goldberg's role as a reporter-spy came to light in the Watergate hearings that led to the resignation of Nixon.[15]
wikipedia

Also, of course, Jonah Goldberg's mother.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 08:54 am
Stephen Miller And 'The Camp Of The Saints,' A White Nationalist Reference
Quote:
The Camp of the Saints has also been referenced by Steve Bannon, a former adviser to President Trump and a co-founder of Breitbart News, and by Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa. Belew says that with respect to racial inequality or anti-immigrant xenophobia, this is an even bigger red flag than structurally unequal legislation or personal racial prejudice.

"But this is something else," she says. "This is a organized ideology. It has a coherent worldview that is not only deeply racist and xenophobic and anti-immigrant, but also, at times, un-American and dedicated towards war on the state. I think this represents a real difference in intent than a policy that's simply enacted with an after-effect of harm. This is about deliberate construction of a white nationalist public policy coming from the halls of power into our laws and into our nation."
0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 09:08 am
WikiLeaks

Verified account

@wikileaks
2h2 hours ago
More
URGENT: Sweden Drops Investigation of Julian Assange.
tsarstepan

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 09:19 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

WikiLeaks

Verified account

@wikileaks
2h2 hours ago
More
URGENT: Sweden Drops Investigation of Julian Assange.

Swedish Prosecutor Ends Investigation Into Julian Assange Over Rape Claims
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 09:29 am
Trump's aides eye moving impeachment witnesses out of White House jobs
coldjoint

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 11:32 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Yeah, the msms'a genda is to ferret out the truth and print it

The truth? Since when? When they said Trump was a Russian agent? That was proven wrong. They are no more interested in the truth than you are. The truth is the last thing they will report.
coldjoint

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 11:35 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I understand thats how the entire right wing "news" works.

Do you also understand the chances Bill kept his pants on through all those flights on the Lolita Express are slim to none?
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 12:09 pm
@hightor,
Unfortunately, he has that right. It doesn't look good; but, since when has that stopped him. This wouldn't be the worst thing either.....
coldjoint

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 12:22 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Unfortunately, he has that right.

Seems to me a lot of people here are about taking rights away. Very sad.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 12:44 pm
@coldjoint,
NOBSENSE. Whi said if? Most righr wingwrs seem ro have no idea that many articlez in th d press ard opinion pie es which cover a varioty of viewpoibts, nit news. The right wing media seem to be all slanted opinion not news.
coldjoint

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 12:51 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
NOBSENSE.

I could do a lot with that misspelling. The MSM has a clear un-American agenda. They are supporting an unfair advantage like it is somehow deserved because they hate Trump. You denying it by attacking the right wing means 0.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 02:46 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Patel claimed Politico undertook a “malicious effort” to “target and destroy the stellar career and reputation of a dedicated attorney.”

Anyone see the systematic persecution of Trump associates in the last three years? Politico should pay through its upturned nose.

Persecution of swamp dwellers. Someone's gotta drain it.
coldjoint

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 02:55 pm
@InfraBlue,

Quote:
Persecution of swamp dwellers

Your agreement that it is persecution is good enough. Thanks.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 03:35 pm
@glitterbag,
As I have read on other sites her mommy gave her some very good advice also. How to get along on less intellect and use your physical assets. I knew she was 23 and never felt sorry for her.
BillW

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:58 pm
@RABEL222,
I felt sorry that she had been dragged into the public sphere - over and over and over again. I do feel sorry for that; (famous) but, she should have known that too. The most finger pointing here though, goes to Clinton. And, yes, that though indicates a quid pro quo - do the crime, do the time! Hear that tRump, master jerk of all time!!!!
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 05:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
nonsense.

No. Mr. Trump really does give the left a sizable dose of their own medicine. That's one of the reasons why he is such a great president.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 06:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No persecution.

When progressives abuse their power to prosecute people who disagree with them, that is persecution.

MontereyJack wrote:
Deserved prosecution though.

People who disagree with the Democrats do not deserve to be prosecuted for imaginary crimes.

MontereyJack wrote:
That's why all the guilty pleas. Because they were/ That's justice.

There is nothing just about Democrats bullying innocent people into pleading guilty.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 19 Nov, 2019 06:01 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
A one state solution is getting closer.

Not a chance. The Gazans and the West Bank Gazans will never be welcomed into Israel.

The West Bank Gazans may well be removed to Gaza (where they belong) though, to make room for Israel to expand further into the West Bank.