monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 02:27 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Miller is one of those who actually looks as malign as he is. Put him in an SS uniform and you've get that Trump "central casting" fetish perfectly.

Maybe your blackface leader would like to play. He does a wicked Indian. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 03:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
How is the president or any Republican trashing due process?

I guess there are none, and the grade school response to that question was just that.
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 03:49 pm
Pretty amazing testimony today. If you are charitable, Trump was soliciting bribery, if not extortion. Blagojevich was impeached and jailed for doing the same thing on a smaller scale, but at least he wasn't betraying the country, he just wanted money.
blatham

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 04:23 pm
@engineer,
And this is just one element of his corruption.
blatham

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 04:32 pm
Who here watched the testimony today?
revelette3

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 04:38 pm
@blatham,
I watched while trying to do housework, (time to get winter clothes out..) but then it just started getting on my nerves. It is clear what happened. It is clear what the democrats are going to say and what the republicans are going to say. It is clear after it goes to the Senate, McConnell will make a mockery of the whole thing and poo poo it as a partisan hit job. In ordinary times, Trump would be impeached and removed from office unless like Nixon he resigned first.
BillW

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 05:13 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

It is clear after it goes to the Senate, McConnell will make a mockery of the whole thing and poo poo it as a partisan hit job. In ordinary times, Trump would be impeached and removed from office unless like Nixon he resigned first.

They are scared of him, absolutely terrified - total weanies

If the Repubes just realized - find him guilty (which he is); therefore, upholding the impeachment, then the rumpmaster is gone. Can't get to them after they take over the RNC!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 05:14 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
And this is just one element of his corruption.

The corruption that has not been proven and hearsay is not evidence, it is opinion.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 06:42 pm
@revelette3,
Thanks for the reply. I found it riveting. The two people sitting as witnesses are both very remarkable individuals and civil servants. I was very impressed. And I came away with a much deeper understanding of not only what went down as regards the subject under question but also about the recent history of the Ukraine and the competence/integrity of America's foreign service there.

But I'm a bit flabbergasted that (apparently) few took the time to attend to the hearing.

coldjoint

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 06:53 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
, McConnell will make a mockery of the whole thing and poo poo it as a partisan hit job. In ordinary times, Trump would be impeached and removed from office unless like Nixon he resigned first.

First, it is a partisan hit job. Second, what the Hell are ordinary times? Pretty silly post.
Builder

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 08:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Second, what the Hell are ordinary times?

It's puzzling, because the previous admin have basically admitted to their criminal activities; hell even bragged about them on camera, so it's tough to understand what's going on in the minds of these folks.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 08:34 pm
These two, DiGenova and Toensig, have been doing and saying very scumbaggish things for a long while. But this is as bad as it gets. From today, on Lou Dobbs at Fox.
Quote:
JOE DIGENOVA: Well, there's no doubt that George Soros controls a very large part of the career foreign service of the United States State Department. He also controls the activities of FBI agents overseas who work for NOG's, work with NGO's. That was very evident in Ukraine. And Kent was part of that. He was a very big protector of Soros. His testimony today showed this, kind of, stern sort of discomfort with not being included in certain discussions. But the truth is, George Soros had a daily opportunity to tell the State Department through Victoria Nuland what to do in the Ukraine. And he ran it, Soros ran it. He corrupted FBI officials, he corrupted foreign service officers. And the bottom line is this, George Soros wants to run Ukraine and he's doing everything he can to use every lever of the United States government to make that happen, for business interests, not for good government business.
MM
coldjoint

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 08:42 pm
@blatham,
The scumbag stuff from you means nothing. They (DiGenova and wife) are saying things that are already known. The fact that no one wants to admit it shows how pervasive it is. More propaganda and your usual dose of hate.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 09:01 pm
Tucker Carlson tonight
Quote:
“If we’re really being honest here, Russia poses no threat to the United States at all”
coldjoint

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 09:23 pm
@blatham,
Is this your source? Another way to insult reality and Fox viewers? Putin runs Russia, that's it.

Quote:
Fox News is telling their viewers to embrace their Putin overlord because Russia poses no threat to them, except for Putin’s interference in the 2016 election, his desire to destroy the West, and his dream of rebuilding the Soviet Union.

Same old Russia is behind everything, please, enough.
https://www.politicususa.com/2019/11/13/fox-news-russia.html
Also a short video at link where Carlson gives some valid reasons Russia is not a threat.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 09:24 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
It's pretty clear the republican defense is going to paint the democrats as sore losers who having failed with the Russian investigation (as though we made that up whole cloth) are now on another "investigation in search of a crime."

And rightly so. Republicans are good at telling the truth.

revelette3 wrote:
The Ukraine (who paid attention to Ukraine before) situation just fell into the democrats laps by civil servants and intelligence community catching Trump in an act to abuse his office.

I paid attention to Ukraine before. And I think it rather absurd for Democrats who were once OK with Russia's invasion to suddenly act like they care about Ukraine.

The notion that it is an abuse of office to try to investigate crimes committed by Democrats is also absurd. Democrats are not above the law, as much as they'd like to be.

revelette3 wrote:
Trump having skated his ties to Russians without charge, felt free and emboldened to commit more overt corrupt actions in order to influence his coming re-election.

Trying to investigate crimes committed by Democrats is not a corrupt act.

Again, Democrats are not above the law, as much as they'd like to be.

revelette3 wrote:
What was democrats to do? Ignore it all?

What the Democrats should do is stop abusing their power to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 09:25 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
45 just claimed that Ivanka created 14 million jobs. The entire economy only added 6 million jobs. To Oralloy and coldjoint, this is not a lie, or if it is a lie, it doesn't matter, or you know- stupid libtard fake news.
It's amazing the things these people will swallow in service to cult 45.

Whatever you are babbling about here, it's nothing to do with me.

I doubt that your babbling has anything to do with Coldjoint or anyone else either.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 09:26 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Pretty amazing testimony today. If you are charitable, Trump was soliciting bribery, if not extortion.

Trying to investigate crimes committed by Democrats is perfectly legitimate.

Democrats are not above the law, as much as they'd like to be.
oralloy

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 09:28 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Who here watched the testimony today?

Not I.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 09:30 pm
@blatham,
Tucker Carlson tonight
Quote:
“If we’re really being honest here, Russia poses no threat to the United States at all”

The most obvious threat to the stability of the US economy comes from the federal reserve of the US of A, which is actively propping up a gambling system that almost bankrupted the western world back in 2007-8, and made no actual changes to their modus operandi, other than beginning to buy their own "notes" because other nations refused to accept them any more, after realising what a corrupted system they're operating ( Ponzi scheme, folks).
0 Replies