monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 08:33 pm
@Real Music,
None of that matters. Trump will be re-elected and your next four years will be miserable. The rest of the USA will enjoy the Hell out of it.
Real Music

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 08:35 pm
@coldjoint,
1. Anything is possible. Sad Sad

2. Let us all hope and pray to god that you are wrong.
coldjoint

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 08:49 pm
@Real Music,
This forum and the majority of its members are out of touch with America. You will see how much next November.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:06 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
The problem is the truth reflects negatively on trump.

This was actually what nailed HRC's coffin shut.

What she did to the DNC will go down as the most disgusting act of self-sabotage in US political history.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:49 am
Quote:

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The sleazy New York Democrats, and their now disgraced (and run out of town) A.G. Eric Schneiderman, are doing everything they can to sue me on a foundation that took in $18,800,000 and gave out to charity more money than it took in, $19,200,000. I won’t settle this case!...
8:09 AM - 14 Jun 2018
blatham

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:58 am
@hightor,
As he said three years ago in reference to the Trump University suit, "I never settle". Then, as here, of course he did.
Region Philbis

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:07 am
@blatham,

so much winning.... sooooooooooooo much....
farmerman

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:17 am
@Region Philbis,
How's Trump U's fooball team?? when do they play Penn State ?
blatham

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:27 am
@farmerman,
My understanding was that the football program was cancelled due to financing shortages. But the cheerleader squad was kept on and moved to continue their great work over at the Business Ethics department.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:27 am
@farmerman,

The Colluders of Trump U
team mascot: snake
sanctioned by NCAA in 2005 for team-wide PED use...
known for inability by wide receivers to hold on to the ball...
quarterback suspended six games in 2008 for inappropriately touching cheerleader...
disbanded in 2009...
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:29 am
(noting the inevitability of a cheerleader reference)
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:39 am
The Guy Trump Cited as Proof There Wasn’t a Quid Pro Quo Just Said There Was a Quid Pro Quo
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:40 am
I don't get Bloomberg making noise about entering the Dem primary. Is this just that sense of entitlement many multi-billionaires seem to have that they are actually way, way better, smarter, more deserving than everyone else? A personal grudge against Warren and/or Sanders? A consequence of his membership in the captialists-R-us crowd?

Anyone have a good take on this?
Builder

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:55 am
@blatham,
Quote:
I don't get Bloomberg making noise about entering the Dem primary

Looks like he's seeing if you really can buy yourself a US presidency.

Might be time to list a few prerequisites for the key to the nation.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:57 am
Not much of a shocker, this.
Quote:
House Republicans’ latest plan to shield President Trump from impeachment is to focus on at least three deputies — U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, Trump’s lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, and possibly acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney — who they say could have acted on their own to influence Ukraine policy.

All three occupy a special place in the Ukraine narrative as the people in most direct contact with Trump. As Republicans argue that most of the testimony against Trump is based on faulty secondhand information, they are sowing doubts about whether Sondland, Giuliani and Mulvaney were actually representing the president or freelancing to pursue their own agendas. The GOP is effectively offering up the three to be fall guys.
WP
0 Replies

snood

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:58 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I don't get Bloomberg making noise about entering the Dem primary. Is this just that sense of entitlement many multi-billionaires seem to have that they are actually way, way better, smarter, more deserving than everyone else? A personal grudge against Warren and/or Sanders? A consequence of his membership in the captialists-R-us crowd?

Anyone have a good take on this?

I go with the rich white guy entitlement theory. It’s not hard at all to understand him seeing himself as “way, way better, smarter, more deserving than everyone else”
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:59 am
@blatham,
maybe, if Bloomberg and Plump are the designated shitters, they could, like matter and anti-matter just annihilate each other with a vast release of dark-side energy.

Or not.
snood

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:16 am
Yesterday I was listening to a man from Newsweek giving voice to a creeping fear that I think many of us are harboring. That being, we as a republic are not equipped to handle a sitting president who is so clearly contemptuous of the judicial and legislative branches of government.
He gave voice to a gruesome scenario - contemplating our real options in the days following a Donald Trump defeat in the November 2020 election. Part of me still Pooh-poohs such musing, but I am always left with nagging questions. Congress appears impotent to enforce any of its subpoenas. Federal judges are ordering that he do this, or relinquish that, but he is basically saying “make me”.
And when you consider that the Federal Marshalls are under the auspices of the justice department run by the completely compromised Bill Barr...

You tell me - if Trump decides he ain’t goin’ anywhere, who’s going to make him leave?
hightor

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:20 am
@snood,
It's not as far-fetched as it sounds. It will be telling if the Supreme Court starts reversing all the lower court rulings which have been against Trump.
blatham

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:31 am
@hightor,
Yes. If the SC conservative majority allow that institution to fail, then things turn abruptly critical.
0 Replies