monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 08:36 am
@revelette3,
The cynicism is justified. The probability of a second Trump term is, I think, very low. But you're quite right to imagine how that would play out as catastrophe for the US and for the world.
blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 08:38 am
Maybe Trump's "big wall" on the southern Colorado border is to keep marijuana out of the state.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 08:46 am
Quote:
Gord Macey
@GordMacey

1. Matt Gaetz tweets he is inside SCIF

2. Matt Gaetz then tweets it was his staff who tweeted

3. Matt Gaetz then deletes both tweets

@mattgaetz
is seriously one dumb ****

5. 😂😂😂
snood

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 08:59 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

The cynicism is justified. The probability of a second Trump term is, I think, very low. But you're quite right to imagine how that would play out as catastrophe for the US and for the world.

I respect your opinion. But can you recall how much probability we assigned to him winning in 2016?
Then, I was relying on the ability of Americans to see his amoral madness.
Even with the noble impeachment show and the promising rise in poll numbers of people wanting impeachment, I unfortunately am jaded to the point that I will not believe he doesn’t do 4 more years of destruction until he is either removed or voted out.
blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:01 am
@snood,
No claim the future will prove me right. It's just my estimation.
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:03 am
@snood,
That's completely a legitimate concern. I know a lot of Trump supporters and none of them have any reservations about voting for him again. If the Democrats want to win, they will have to win on turnout.
hightor

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:15 am
@snood,
I think the fear of a Trump victory is warranted despite early polls suggesting that any of the half dozen leading Democratic candidates could beat him. Wait until next summer when the entire Republican slime machine, with help from the IRA in St. Petersburg and unlimited dark money, focuses on the single nominee and the smears and disinformation overwhelm the electorate's ability to discern the difference between true and false. Anything which will work to disgust or demoralize anti-Trump voters will be thrown into the fray and if a hundred thousand of these voters stay home that might be enough for a Trump win in the electoral college.
0 Replies

BillW

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:19 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Speking of crime families, at least two generations of trumps and their in-laws . . . . .

tRump's ancestry is filled with a number of brothel owners/managers. The Drumpf's in Bavaria ran a small "hotel" complete with companionship for hire. Though I do not consider it to be a crime, it never the less is and is also companion of other crimes.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:25 am
@engineer,
Quote:
If the Democrats want to win, they will have to win on turnout.
Absolutely. I posted data on this yesterday. All the numbers are pointing to a historically unprecedented level of voter enthusiasm and turnout. But Republicans are somewhat more passionate than Dems, at this point. Still, the polling can't just be disregarded. And let's not forget elections a year ago.
BillW

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:35 am
@blatham,
The Republicans spend a lot of money disenfranchising the vote and creating propaganda to keep opposing voters at home. The success of these efforts are not fully apparent until the voting is over.
blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:38 am
@BillW,
That is so.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:40 am
This really comes as no surprise
Quote:
Two associates of Rudy Giuliani’s arrested for a campaign finance conspiracy earlier this month were on their way to help with a planned interview between Fox News’ Sean Hannity and former Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin, they told others.

CNN reported the reason for Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman’s trip on Wednesday, citing four people familiar with the duo’s plans.

Parnas and Fruman were arrested the night of Oct. 9 as they boarded a one-way international flight out of Washington, D.C., reportedly to Vienna. Giuliani subsequently told the Atlantic that he too was scheduled for a flight to Vienna on Oct. 10.
TPM
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 09:53 am
Genius-level thinking over at the WSJ. The Editorial Board argues that Trump shouldn't be impeached over the Ukraine issue because he was so inept and incompetent that his attempt at corruption failed. No ****.
https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/wsj-editorial-board-argued-trump-shouldnt-be-impeached-for-being-inept-and-it-didnt-go-well/
coldjoint

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 10:57 am
@blatham,
Quote:
incompetent that his attempt at corruption failed.

They will be proving that about Obama shortly. The fact is that none of this would be known if Killary won the election. Durham's report will clear things up and lock some people up. It will not be Trump or his allies.
farmerman

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 12:05 pm
@coldjoint,
wanna bet??
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 12:06 pm
@coldjoint,
Nonsense pure factless supposition. Nearly 30 years of gfoundless conspiracy theories and you guys still chase your tails at it.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:19 pm
It figures
Quote:
The pro-Trump lawyer couple that helped Rudy Giuliani look for political dirt in Ukraine is also representing the conservative journalist that first published some of that dirt, Politico reported Thursday.

John Solomon, until recently an op-ed columnist and executive vice president at The Hill, has been represented by Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing “for years,” he told Politico.

“John Solomon has been a client of our firm for a very long time,” diGenova confirmed to Politico.

The tie between the lawyers and the journalist adds to an increasingly incestuous picture of the effort to obtain and publish damaging information about President Donald Trump’s political rivals...
TPM
0 Replies

revelette3

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:22 pm
Oh well, Trump spoke and told his lapdogs to get tough, so first they storm the secure room like a mob with pitchforks wanting to burn the beast at the castle, and now Lyndsey Graham and the GOP senate is going to condemn the impeachment process. Good little doggies. Might manage to take the down the support, but I don't think so. In the end, it won't matter. There ain't no way the GOP senate is going to remove Trump from office. Need an image of Trump shooting someone on fifth avenue with the GOP standing in line congratulating him and saying he should have done it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:26 pm
@blatham,
Fortunately for America, most of the motivated Dems are drug abusing, lazy web-o-nauts who have the same likelihood of voting as they do holding down a full time job.

Pretty sure Trump gets a second term.
revelette3

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:35 pm
The GOP seems to be screaming about the impeachment inquiry being conducted behind closed doors, how soon do they forget the Benghazi hearings which was mostly conducted behind closed doors and was leaked just as much then as now the impeachment inquiry is being leaked. Republicans as usual stand on a glass platform but it doesn't stop them from screaming and it doesn't stop our gullible idiots who soak up all the garbage from Trump and his GOP republican supporters.

Edit:

I wish I could say to all those in charge of how this impeachment inquiry is being run, stand firm. Don't give in until you feel it is appropriate to have open hearings.
0 Replies