monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:27 am
@glitterbag,
I'm really learning about SCIF and related protocols in real time here. Quite obvious on reflection, of course. Maximal noise and effrontery thus maximal distraction, I suppose. But ain't Gaetz a piece of work.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:27 am
@oralloy,
as usual sheer unfounded opinion devoid of fact.
MontereyJack

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:29 am
@oralloy,
No abuse of the law, they commit crimes, they get the aw thrown at them.
oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:30 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. When you use the law as a weapon to harm people who disagree with you, that is an abuse of the law.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:32 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. There were no opinions in that post.

It is a fact that there is just as much reason to investigate the Bidens as there is to investigate Trump.

It is also a fact that a widespread investigation into many progressives is bound to turn up some wrongdoing here and there.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:34 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Considering half the country wants Trump removed from office, if the Senate tries that ****, they would find themselves removed from office too.

They won't be removed from office. Plenty of voters oppose this deranged witch hunt.

Trump is going to be our President until 2025 (when he will hand the White House over to a new Republican president), and the Senate is going to stay in Republican hands for the at least the next few years.
MontereyJack

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:37 am
@oralloy,
Your wish-fulfillment fantasies do not count as either facts or likely future outcomes.
oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:38 am
@MontereyJack,
A prediction is not a wish fulfillment fantasy. As for the likelihood of it happening, let's compare notes after election day.
oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:39 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
RABEL222 wrote:
The conservative republican senate may be too crooked to put the country before their party but it will lose them the senate and the presidency.

Gosh, I hope so. The deck is so staked against that happening though. Mainly gerrymandering (and republican voting rights tricks) and we really don't have a strong candidate whom most of the democrats can all get together and get behind like we did Obama. But, I hope you are right. Be so nice.

There is no gerrymandering in Senate races or presidential races.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:43 am
Quote:
Italy Did Not Fuel U.S. Suspicion of Russian Meddling, Prime Minister Says

Casting holes in a Trump conspiracy theory, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte revealed details of two visits to Rome by Attorney General William P. Barr.
NYT

I'm so old I can remember back when the foreign governments slandered the results of US intel investigations and the American AG would defend them. Now it has become necessary for foreign government leaders to defend US intel from attacks by the US Attorney General.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:45 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Bombshell testimony today implicating multiple felonies.

Which laws are supposed to have been broken?

BillW wrote:
One question remains - when does tRump step down? What a crook!

President Trump will step down and hand the White House over to a new Republican president in 2025.

BillW wrote:
Wonder how many years Giuliani gets?

Zero.

BillW wrote:
I'm thinking that once a ligament Justice Department comes about again - tRump is going to jail also, for the rest of his life!

You'll be wrong on that one too.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:47 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
BillW wrote:
Bombshell testimony today implicating multiple felonies. One question remains - when does tRump step down? What a crook!

He doesn't step down. He honestly doesn't believe he has any reason to.

He is correct to think that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:51 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
How politics threatens the 2020 Census
If Hispanics, blacks, the poor and other hard-to-count groups go undercounted, seats in Congress and federal funding will be in jeopardy.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2019/10/21/20925654/census-2020-federal-funding-cuts-president-trump-jesse-jackson

In other words, a fair census will undermine progressive efforts to cheat on election day.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:51 am
@oralloy,
your 20 year fantasies are sheer wish fulfillment. senate races are determined by popular vote and many states have been gerrymandered by the gop. and 48 of the 50 states require their electors to vote for the winner of the popular vte in that state and since gerrymandering is ptrvalrny in red states, yes, gerrymandering features in the presidential election as well.
oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:57 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. My 20 year prediction is merely a prediction. Let's compare notes after election day 2032 and see if I'm right.

And no. There is no gerrymandering in Senate races or presidential races.

Senate races are decided by the total vote of an entire state with no subdivisions.

Except for Nebraska and Maine (neither of which have gerrymandered congressional districts), presidential races are decided by the total vote of an entire state with no subdivisions.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 06:01 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
This is long past being merely ridiculous. This is really dangerous.

Witch hunters don't like it when their intended victims stand up to them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 06:09 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
I live in the same universe George does.

As do I. And so does everyone else. Progressives are highly delusional right now.

coldjoint wrote:
Don't you think you owe George more than a condescending dismissal?

The only thing that I ever expect from Blatham is "Look everyone! I think what that guy over there thinks!"
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 06:28 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
His thread. He changed his mind. He's welcome back. The end.

I don't welcome Blatham's presence. The "I think what that person over there thinks" nonsense gets a bit tedious.

I'd much rather see more people who can contribute original thoughts posting here.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 06:35 am
There sure are a lot of User Ignored (view) silences accumulating above. It's rather like a vast rolling field of white crosses rising up from the green grass.

Quite peaceful, really.
oralloy

Thu 24 Oct, 2019 06:39 am
@blatham,
People who can't come up with original thoughts are often jealous of those of us who can do so.
0 Replies