monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 02:20 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That is incorrect. That the data is biased and skewed is a fact, not an opinion.
Well, I've asked you before about the sources, your qualification to judge that and to provide your own better data ...
MontereyJack

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 02:34 am
@oralloy,
You have in fact offered your opinion. The journals were not caught red handed in anything. There was a difference of opinion about the qualiry, relevance, and original contribution of one very small portion of the total picture, and you're trying unsuccessfully The Nobeists have it right.magnify it far beyond any reasonable point and with absolutely no evidence of its genrality offered, try to make it representative of an entire field of knowledge with many different disciplines using many different approaches and measuring different things, all of which reinfore each other. Your alleged counter example does not ectend that far. The Nobelists are right.
izzythepush

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 03:18 am
Quote:
The US extracted a high-level spy from inside Russia in 2017, reports say.

Citing "multiple Trump administration officials with direct knowledge" of the operation, CNN reported that US intelligence feared the source's cover could be blown by US officials.

The decision was made soon after a meeting in which President Trump unexpectedly shared classified US intelligence with Russian officials.

Reports said the mole was the highest-level US source inside Russia.

Reporting by CNN and the New York Times said the source was outside the inner circle of Russian leader President Putin but had regular access to Mr Putin and was even able to photograph documents on the leader's desk.

The covert source reportedly spied for the US for more than a decade as they rose through the ranks of the Russian government. According to the New York Times, the source was instrumental in the conclusion by US intelligence agencies in 2016 that Mr Putin had personally orchestrated Russia's interference in the US presidential election.

The source's information was so sensitive that then-CIA director John Brennan prepared special sealed files for President Obama, rather than include it in the president's ordinary briefing, the Times report said.

The CIA - the intelligence agency said to have run the mole - declined to comment on the apparent revelations. White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said CNN's reporting was "not only incorrect" but had "the potential to put lives in danger".

The CIA reportedly first tried to extract the mole soon after a now-infamous meeting between President Trump, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and then-Russian ambassador to the US, Sergei Kislyak, at which Mr Trump was said to have shared classified operational details which could have exposed a US confidential source.

Other officials present at the meeting reportedly realised the president's mistake and scrambled to inform the CIA and other intelligence agencies.

But the Russian mole reportedly refused the initial extraction attempt, citing family concerns - a move which threw the CIA into doubt over the source's trustworthiness. Months later, the CIA tried again and the source agreed to be exfiltrated.

There was no suggestion that President Trump directly compromised the source in Russia, and reports said that widespread media speculation about US intelligence conclusions had contributed to the decision to extract the source.

There was rampant speculation again on Tuesday on social media as to the high-level's source's identity.

The Russian newspaper Kommersant named as the spy a man who it said had worked in the Russian presidential administration before resettling in the US state of Virginia, but the office of the Russian president issued a statement denying that the man had been one of its employees.

The source's whereabouts are likely a closely-guarded secret. Last year, Russian operatives travelled to England and used a nerve agent in an assassination attempt against a former Russian military intelligence officer, Sergei Skripal, who had spied for the British.

And in 2006, Russian operatives killed a former intelligence officer, Alexander Litvinenko, in central London by poisoning his tea with radioactive material, according to British investigators.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49645628?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 07:49 am
Quote:
Trump accidentally tweeted an insult at a pastor. Here’s how the pastor responded.

The Rev. Jonathan Carl glanced at Twitter and laughed out loud in disbelief.

The president of the United States had just tweeted at him, a Baptist pastor in Kentucky who up until now hadn’t had any reason to be the subject of national attention. And President Trump was, online, in public, out of the blue, insulting him.

The president had mixed up Jonathan Carl, the Kentucky minister with fewer than 375 Twitter followers, with Jonathan Karl, the ABC News reporter whose journalism had ruffled the feathers of the commander in chief.

Carl’s laughter soon turned into concern. Trump had called Carl a “lightweight reporter.” And some of Trump’s ardent fans weren’t happy with Jonathan Carl — not realizing that he wasn’t Jonathan Karl.

The “drive-by tweet” brought on “intense vitriol and hatred,” Carl said. He was suddenly experiencing what many of Trump’s intended Twitter targets go through almost daily: a barrage of infuriated tweets from Trump’s followers.

The pastor stopped laughing. And on Monday, a week after his evening as a sudden Twitter target, he published an open letter to Trump.

“Although I was an accidental casualty caught in the cross-fire of your ‘lightweight’ tweet, your attack was very purposeful and hurtful. Many others, whether American citizens or global citizens, feel wounded and hurt by the shrapnel and side-effects of your ongoing Twitter attacks,” Carl wrote in his letter.

He hurled the same insult back at Trump that Trump had mistakenly leveled at him — but then turned it into a theological point. “Let’s be honest, you are a lightweight too,” Carl wrote. “We all are. God is the only heavyweight who knows it all and gets it right all the time.”

He pleaded with the president: “Please don’t make the Twitter-universe such a dark and depressing place. It shouldn’t be a place to argue, fight, or jockey for position. We can disagree and debate without childish name-calling. You can make Twitter a better place.”

Carl, who did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Washington Post, is the lead pastor at South Fork Baptist Church in Hodgenville, Ky. According to an online biography, he is an Iraq War veteran, holds a PhD from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and is raising three daughters with his wife.

His church is part of the Southern Baptist Convention — the nation’s largest Protestant denomination, and one of its most Republican-leaning. Sixty-four percent of Southern Baptists described themselves as “conservative” to Pew Research Center, and 9 percent described themselves as “liberal.” Last year, Vice President Pence showed up as a surprise guest at the denomination’s annual convention, where he thanked more than 9,000 attendees from churches “to the Southern Baptist Convention for the essential and irreplaceable role you play in America.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/09/09/president-trump-accidentally-tweeted-an-insult-pastor-heres-how-pastor-responded/

0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 08:30 am
@oralloy,
I'm not lying. Global warming is real, and yes, you are mentally challenged in that you find it difficult to hear and understand what others are telling you. Your first reaction is simply to not pay attention, which is why I and others keep repeating the same **** to you over and over.

I suppose it's a form of self-protection on your behalf: if you were to pay attention, you'd realize how stupid you have been all these years...
oralloy

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 09:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, I've asked you before about the sources,

What sources are you asking about?

Do you mean the sources of the complaints about suppressed data?

Those complaints come directly from the scientists whose data is being suppressed.

If you mean something else, you'll have to be more clear before I am able to answer.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
your qualification to judge that

My qualification to judge what?

That the journals are suppressing inconvenient data?

My qualification is that I'm able to read and think logically.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
and to provide your own better data ...

So far as I know, there is no decent data to be had.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 09:25 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You have in fact offered your opinion. The journals were not caught red handed in anything.

Wrong. The journal was caught red handed suppressing data that does not fit the leftist narrative.

Reality is not an opinion no matter how much progressives cry about it.

MontereyJack wrote:
There was a difference of opinion about the qualiry, relevance, and original contribution of one very small portion of the total picture,

The data did not fit the leftist narrative, so it was suppressed.

MontereyJack wrote:
The Nobelists are right.

Nice appeal to authority fallacy. But there is no reliable data to back the leftist narrative.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 09:28 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I'm not lying.

Your failure to provide any examples to back up your characterization of me shows that you are lying.

Olivier5 wrote:
yes, you are mentally challenged in that you find it difficult to hear and understand what others are telling you.

More of your lies. You cannot provide any examples of me ever failing to understand something.

Olivier5 wrote:
which is why I and others keep repeating the same **** to you over and over.

The only things that you are repeating are these false accusations that you never to back up.

Olivier5 wrote:
I suppose it's a form of self-protection on your behalf: if you were to pay attention, you'd realize how stupid you have been all these years...

Actually my IQ is 170.

By the way, that's not me peeing on the top of your head from higher up the intellectual totem pole. It's just raining lemonade again.
Olivier5

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 09:50 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
my IQ is 170

LOL...
blatham

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 09:52 am
Quote:
A reporter asked Trump yesterday if perhaps someone on his team talked him out of hosting the meeting. He replied:

Quote:
"No. Actually, in terms of advisors, I took my own advice. I liked the idea of meeting.... We had a meeting scheduled. It was my idea, and it was my idea to terminate it. I didn't even -- I didn't discuss it with anybody else."
Benen

He's probably lying. But what a stupid brag. This guy is sick.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 09:53 am
@Olivier5,
Drink your lemonade.
tsarstepan

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:10 am
BREAKING NEWS

President Trump fired John Bolton, his third national security adviser, over differing approaches on Iran, North Korea and Afghanistan.
Baldimo

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:15 am
@tsarstepan,
Considering Bolton is such a war-hawk and Trump is doing everything he can to prevent any wars, it makes sense to get rid of him, I'm just surprised it took him so long.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:16 am
@tsarstepan,
That sucks. I always thought Bolton would make a good secretary of state.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:20 am
@tsarstepan,
What was Trump thinking in the first place by appointing Bolton? Trump wants to make good with the US' adversaries in his own way, even willing to talk to their leaders personally, giving the US hardliners conniption fits.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:22 am
@tsarstepan,
He'll be back on FOXnews.

The replacement can't get much worse than Bolton - but Sarah Palin is available, Oliver North, or ...
Olivier5

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:53 am
@oralloy,
Drink your koolaid.
oralloy

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 11:02 am
@Olivier5,
You must realize by now that I'm not the sort of person who blindly follows harmful instructions.

Look at your failure to make me to believe unreliable data.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 11:14 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/FKcASQW.jpg

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/Qu5ofzY.jpg
McGentrix

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 11:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
So who do you believe Walter? This is an opinion place, we all know the news. What is YOUR opinion on it?