monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 08:20 am
The GOP is the law and order party, right?
Quote:
President Trump is so eager to deliver on his 2016 campaign promise of a border wall that he’s told officials he will pardon them if they have to break the law in order to get it constructed by Election Day, The Washington Post reported.

...During meetings, Trump has told aides not to worry about breaking the law in order to finalize contracts or using eminent domain to seize property for the structure.

“Take the land,” he’s reportedly told officials, promising to pardon anyone who has to skirt the law in order to speed things up. A White House official told the Post that Trump was joking about the pardons.
story here

Der Fuhrer vas only joking about ze Jew thing.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 08:50 am
Looks like The UK PM and the Queen are sick and tired of Parliament interfering in Brexit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49493632
Walter Hinteler

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:01 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Looks like The UK PM and the Queen are sick and tired of Parliament interfering in Brexit.
The Queen? From where do you get that (hint: she only could do otherwise "technically)

Interestingly, you seem to support Johnson’s move to suspend the democratically elected parliament. (Politicians on both sides of the Brexit debate are calling it a coup d'état.) Do you want such for the USA as well?
Walter Hinteler

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:11 am
Trump accuses Fox News of ‘heavily promoting Democrats,’ urges followers to look for another news outlet
Quote:
President Trump on Wednesday lashed out at Fox News, accusing the conservative network of “heavily promoting the Democrats” and urging his nearly 64 million Twitter followers to “start looking for a new News Outlet.”

“The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down!” Trump wrote in a series of tweets. “We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”

His tweets followed an interview of Xochitl Hinojosa, the communications director for the Democratic National Committee, in which she discussed next month’s Democratic presidential debate, among other things.

In his tweets, Trump said Hinojosa had been “spewing out whatever she wanted with zero pushback” from anchor Sandra Smith.

Trump also complained about commentators who appear regularly on Fox, including former DNC chairwoman Donna Brazile and left-leaning pundit Juan Williams, as well as anchor Shepard Smith, who has been critical of Trump at times.

“HOPELESS & CLUELESS! They should go all the way LEFT and I will still find a way to Win,” Trump wrote.

Democrats have repeatedly accused Fox News of having far too sympathetic coverage of Trump and his administration, with some likening it to state-run television.

A Fox News spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump’s tweets.

Guy Benson, a Fox News contributor, responded to Trump on Twitter, writing, “We don’t work for you.”
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's about par for his posts.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's an outrage, from an undemocratic, unelected dictator.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDEDVOfXYAAwaNx?format=png&name=small

I never used to agree with Tarzan, but there's a first for everything.

Quote:
Former Tory deputy prime minister Lord Heseltine has released a statement on today's news.

It reads: "On hearing the news whilst on holiday in Montenegro, I am appalled by the government's announcement.

"The government's decision is a constitutional outrage.

"A government which is frightened of Parliament is frightened of democracy.

"I hope that every member of Parliament, in feeling this humiliation, will use every legal and constitutional weapon to obstruct a government proposing to force on the British people a historic change for which they have long since lost any mandate."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-49495567
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The Queen? From where do you get that (hint: she only could do otherwise "technically)

Did you read the article?

Quote:
Interestingly, you seem to support Johnson’s move to suspend the democratically elected parliament.

Johnson's move? He couldn't do it without the support of the Queen... I'm in favor of moving forward with something the people of Britian voted for and passed. It's been just over 3 years now and it seems nothing is getting done to enforce the will of the people. Politicians are playing games and it seems they are trying to stop Brexit for their own purposes.

Quote:
Do you want such for the USA as well?

Nothing like that is written into our Constitution, so it wouldn't happen. I would have thought you would know such things, you seem to know everything.

izzythepush

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:32 am
@Baldimo,
It doesn't matter what the article says. It's not the Queen's decision to make, and if your article says it is, then it was written by a moron.

Yet another example of you pontificating on matters you know nothing about and are unlikely to ever understand.
izzythepush

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:35 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Johnson's move? He couldn't do it without the support of the Queen

What total nonsense. I always knew you were ignorant, but I never realised how all encompassing it is.
Baldimo

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:39 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It doesn't matter what the article says. It's not the Queen's decision to make, and if your article says it is, then it was written by a moron.

You should really be taking this up with the BBC... you know, your local news of record...

Quote:
Yet another example of you pontificating on matters you know nothing about and are unlikely to ever understand.

I haven't pontificated on anything, I shared a news report and pointed out what the aritcle from the BBC said...

I don't know a lot about your system of politics, but I know the people voted to leave the EU and the politicians have been coming up with idea after idea what is meant to be rejected. They seek no deal and they don't want to leave the EU. That's what it looks like from here.

Baldimo

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:41 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What total nonsense. I always knew you were ignorant, but I never realised how all encompassing it is.

Be a hero and explain it then. Stop with the pointless insults and be an adult. You always act like a child when someone dips their toe into UK politics. You have a weird system.
Baldimo

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:12 am
@izzythepush,
Here's another quote from a different article, this one from CNN:
Quote:
The Queen has approved the order to suspend Parliament, a formal but necessary step of Boris Johnson's plan.

The Privy Council, a body of senior politicians who act as the Queen's official advisers, requested Wednesday that the Queen "prorogues," or suspends, Parliament. The Queen is currently on holiday in Scotland.

According to a statement from the Privy Council, the Queen has approved the suspension of Parliament "no earlier than Monday 9th September and no later than Thursday 12th September" until October 14.

And the Doc they sent out with the order:
Quote:
ORDERS APPROVED AT THE PRIVY COUNCIL HELD BY THE
QUEEN AT BALMORAL ON 28TH AUGUST 2019

COUNSELLORS PRESENT

The Rt Hon Jacob Rees-Mogg (Lord President)
The Rt Hon Baroness Evans of Bowes Park

The Rt Hon Mark Spencer

Privy
Counsellors

Two Orders appointing The Lord Ashton of Hyde and James
Cleverly TD MP Members of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable
Privy Council.

Prorogation Order proroguing Parliament no earlier than Monday 9th
September and no later than Thursday 12th September 2019 to
Monday 14th October 2019, and directing the Lord High
Chancellor of Great Britain to prepare a Commission accordingly.
izzythepush

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:23 am
@Baldimo,
The BBC aren't talking ****. That's you.

The Queen has no choice, she has to do what the pm asks of her otherwise she's behaving like a dictator.

The Queen is not supporting Johnson, she's doing what she always does, staying out of politics.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:25 am
@Baldimo,
We have a system you don't understand. We find your system weird. The difference is we don't make **** up about your system, but you make **** up all the time.

I spend way too much of my time on here explaining things to you as it is already.

And it's not like you're grateful.
izzythepush

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:26 am
@Baldimo,
Where does it say the Queen supports Johnson?

It doesn't because she doesn't, and you don't have a clue.
Baldimo

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
We have a system you don't understand. We find your system weird. The difference is we don't make **** up about your system, but you make **** up all the time.

Yes, you do. You seem to think the Popular Vote elects the US President. You have a completly wrong understanding of our Constitution. You make things up all the time. NRA responsible for mass shootings?

Quote:
I spend way too much of my time on here explaining things to you as it is already.

You spend zero time explaining anything, you resort to name calling and character assassination, making things up and putting words in people's mouths.

Quote:
And it's not like you're grateful.

It's not like you actually try, as noted above, you insult and degrade people with differing opinions.
Baldimo

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Where does it say the Queen supports Johnson?

Why else would she grant the request. She could have denied him and let Parliament do their jobs. Instead she intervened and suspended Parliament at his request. From what I understand, he doesn't have the power to do this himself, but she does from a request.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:36 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Did you read the article?
Most probably a lot earlier than you did.

Do you know that many argue, the Queen only acts on the advice of the Prime Minister and must follow the advice of the Prime Minister?
The question of whether to prorogue Parliament is considered one of the "reserved" powers of the Queen. This means that the Queen does not necessarily have to accept the advice of the Prime Minister. However, the Queen does not want to be involving herself in any political debate.

Baldimo wrote:
Nothing like that is written into our Constitution, so it wouldn't happen.
Not many countries have a constitution which allows such. But you seem to like it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:39 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Why else would she grant the request. She could have denied him and let Parliament do their jobs. Instead she intervened and suspended Parliament at his request. From what I understand, he doesn't have the power to do this himself, but she does from a request.
She didn't intervene at all - as you wrote yourself: "she does from a request".

Baldimo wrote:
From what I understand, he doesn't have the power to do this himself
The PM is the Prime Minister, not the head of state but the head of Her Majesty's Government.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:42 am
@Baldimo,
I have never thought or said that your president is determined by the popular vote. I know it's the electoral college, I may have said that it's undemocratic, but I've not denied facts.

This is so typical of you, your profound ignorance has been demonstrated and when put right instead of being grateful for learning something, you then tell a load of lies about me.

Ignorant, bigoted, dishonest, servile, do you have any positive attributes, or is that all there is?