monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillRM

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 08:42 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Not Jews, Moslems is what he claimed. Big difference. No one has been able to offer sny proof that occurred or was televised. Pure Trump invention as far as anyone cal tell. Asis his claim that soehow he helped first responders. Pretty clearly documented that most of what Trump says is pure invention on his part.

Here all during the cold war we fear the US being attacked by Russian missiles not by them supporting and helping fund a low level and not all that bright new york demagogue and conman.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 11:35 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
I’ve been glad to have avoided a dust up like this up to this point, and I’m grateful that I know of your association with another member before we engaged in a disagreement.

To put it mildly, you simply don’t have the information you need to make that judgment—something I say to your old man on the reg, so I can see it’s a trait. 😑

You’ve taken one little trait of mine—that I just don’t fall in line to condemn every single action of a person —- no matter what my overarching opinion is—and, from that, you’ve concluded I’d give Hitler a pass on the Holocaust. That’s quite a leap.

Had to smile.

You have no idea who I am, how I spend my time, or what’s worth sacrifice to me. You have virtually nothing to base such a ludicrous statement on.

Because I’m a parent of beloved thirty/somethings, though I know likely you and your dad will protest, I won’t engage you in argument in the pages. You are welcomed into my inbox if you want to press an issue. If you can allow me the same credence I intend to afford you. I’ll be honest and logic-based. See if you can match that.

TheSubliminalKid

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 11:45 am
@Lash,
I cringed.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 12:51 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Quote:
Trump is going the EXACT same path as Hitler.

Not even close to the truth. No converging paths between Hitler and Trump.

Quote:
We are seeing nazism seen as "just another opinion" and that mass ethnic cleansing and genocide is part of "free speech".

Ethnic cleansing and genocide? Where have you seen this? Fact's, proof links?

Quote:
Yet I, and other members of antifa, and other left wing organisations say "hey maybe we shouldn't let kids die in cages?" and suddenly we're anti-free speech.

No, you were anti-free speech when you started attacking people in the streets you don't agree with. Berkley 2 years ago?

Quote:
Then when Trump tries to get us labelled a terrorist organisation to stop OUR free speech,

If you think "free speech" is hitting people with bike locks, then you need to learn more about free speech. The physical attack on Andy Ngo that landed him in the hospital?

Quote:
you'd think the pro-free speech people would be appalled.

We are not, because you are not for free speech, you are for attacking and assaulting people you disagree with. You would be fine with walking through the streets and doing a normal protest, but that isn't what takes place.

Quote:
They're not though. They're delighted. Why? Because they only care about free speech when it's their fascist agenda of mass-murder, and not ours.

Once again, if your group limited themselves to just words, there wound't be an issue. Physical attacks on people is not free speech. You are going to have to provide some proof of "mass murder".

Quote:
So it's not free speech at all. It's exactly what we said it was, neo-nazism and fascism.

No, if you were only speaking, there wouldn't be an issue. Antifa is violent and has attacked people in different cities in the US.

Quote:
By the way, most domestic terror incidents are by WHITE. MALE. SUPREMACISTS.

Most? Not even close to reality.

Quote:
There is a mass shooting every day in the US by these people and its acceptable.

More lies. I saw this claim of a "mass shooting everyday", but the stats just don't bare it out.

Quote:
All antifa is responsible for is getting a couple of nazis covered in milkshake.

Wrong again. Andy Ngo was hospitalized after being attacked and robbed by antifa thugs just a couple of weeks ago. That same weekend 2 other men were attacked with either a metal pipe or a crowbar.

Quote:
All of you are responsible for the USA no longer being about the Land of the Free, but being about Sieg Heil.

Antifa is nothing but a fascist organization, they are the modern day Brown Shirts of the extremist left. You have no standing when it comes to freedom or even free speech. Go protest but leave your hands to yourselves.

Baldimo

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 01:34 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Lets also not forget the Antifa guy who attacked the ICE facility, with bombs and a gun, a couple of weekends ago... Shawn King the Left's favorite fake black guy, who encouraged more attacks on govt facilities.

Region Philbis

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 01:37 pm
Quote:
California Requires Trump Tax Returns Under New Election Law

President Trump will not be eligible for California’s primary ballot unless he releases his tax returns,
under a new law signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on Tuesday.

The law requires that all presidential candidates release their tax returns in order to be placed on the
ballot for the state’s primary next year, in a move that will almost certainly lead to legal challenges.
Mr. Newsom’s decision to sign the legislation seemed designed to escalate the running feud between
the White House and California.

The state is currently involved in more than 40 lawsuits with the administration on issues ranging
from the environment regulation to immigration.

Similar legislation was previously passed in 2017, but Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed it, questioning whether
it was constitutional. Mr. Brown, who left office in January, also said it would create a bad precedent
for requiring other information, including medical records or certified birth certificates, from candidates.
(nyt)
tsarstepan

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 01:41 pm
@Region Philbis,
Ack! You beat me to it.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 05:51 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
He's referring to this report:
The Five Dancing "Israelis" Arrested On 9-11

Interesting that it's on a Catholic website. It was widely reported, but very gradually disappeared from most "sources"; such is the sway of antisemitism.

Still, there's no doubt that it was witnessed by many, and raises many questions still unanswered.

0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:30 am
@Baldimo,
You could've just said "I'm a Nazi" and saved so much energy.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:37 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Lets also not forget the Antifa guy who attacked the ICE facility

So you think concentration camps that literally starve children to death are fine but going against them isn't?

Okay.

I mean but do go on about how we're terrorists for not wanting children to die in cages just because they have brown skin.
TheSubliminalKid

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:39 am
@Baldimo,
If you were pro free speech then you would be fighting for the right for me to say the following:

- Transgender rights are human rights
- Children in cages aren't okay
- The state should pay for food, education, and healthcare for all
- Racism is wrong
- So's homophobia btw
- And kindly stop harassing women in the streets.

but you don't. You want us silenced.

all while you praise concentration camps that kill children.

By the way, saying "NO FALSE FAKE NEWS" and then having no evidence is weak af.
TheSubliminalKid

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:47 am
https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/its-time-to-confront-the-threat-of-right-wing-terrorism

Right wing terrorism kills many people every day.

The lonely white boy who strokes a gun, blames women for his lack of dates, engages in online racist, anti-LGBT+ discourse, is the one that goes to (the most recent one was a garlic festival?) and opens fire.

The fact that you fail to see that as terrorism, but someone punching for favourite nazi is? Come on dude.

I mean I don't know why you're even pretending to have any sort of moral highground. You're just using what you can to attack people that don't like your extreme-right Nazi president.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:52 am
And for the record (before I spam this thread any more)

ANTIFA IS NOT AN ORGANISED GROUP

It doesn't have any rallies, there is no organisation, there aren't people in charge. "Antifa" is simply a catch-all term for left wing protesters who fight against racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, and other forms of intolerance against oppressed societies.

So by saying "antifa is a terrorist group" Trump is essentially saying "anyone that's left wing, protests, or argues against me is terrorist". After he praised Kim Jong-Un for the respect his citizens showed him this is an incredibly worrying thought.

He doesn't want to be president, he wants to be a right-wing dictator.

And you're enabling him because you think kids dying in cages, mass shootings, and other hate crimes are better than... well people like me daring to breathe the same air as you.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 06:14 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
TheSubliminalKid wrote:
ANTIFA IS NOT AN ORGANISED GROUP

It doesn't have any rallies, there is no organisation, there aren't people in charge. "Antifa" is simply a catch-all term for left wing protesters who fight against racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, and other forms of intolerance against oppressed societies.
Certainly true, not just for the USA but worldwide. And even, when looking at it during the decade old history of the original Antifaschistische Aktion .

Speaking of history:
Baldimo wrote:
Antifa is nothing but a fascist organization, they are the modern day Brown Shirts of the extremist left. You have no standing when it comes to freedom or even free speech. Go protest but leave your hands to yourselves.

Baldimo used the term Brownshirts, which generally means the SA.
The equivalent on the left was Alliance of Red Front-Fighters ("Roter Frontkämpferbund").

The SA ("Brownshirts") lost much of its importance after 1934.
Up to that time, joint anti-fascist actions ("Antifa") also took place at the local and regional level, especially among independent communists, social democrats and anarchists or those excluded by the SPD and KPD.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 06:35 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
Baldimo is a transphobic bigot, don't waste your breath.
izzythepush

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 08:48 am
Quote:
Former US President Ronald Reagan described African delegates to the UN as "monkeys", in newly-unearthed tapes published by a US magazine.

He made the comment in a 1971 telephone call with then-President Richard Nixon.

Mr Reagan, who was governor of California at the time, was angered that African delegates at the UN sided against the US in a vote.

Members of the Tanzanian delegation started dancing after the UN voted to recognise China and expel Taiwan.

Mr Reagan, who was a supporter of Taiwan, called the president the following day to express his apparent frustration.

He said: "To see those... monkeys from those African countries - damn them, they're still uncomfortable wearing shoes!"

Mr Nixon, who quit as president in 1974, can then be heard laughing.

The recording was unearthed by Tim Naftali, a clinical associate professor of history at New York University, who directed the Nixon Presidential Library from 2007 until 2011.

He published his findings in The Atlantic and wrote that the racist exchange was removed from the original tapes for privacy reasons. The tapes were released by the National Archives in 2000 while Mr Reagan was still alive.

But he said the recordings were ordered to be reviewed following a court order. "Reagan's death, in 2004, eliminated the privacy concerns," Mr Naftali said.

"I requested that the conversations involving Ronald Reagan be re-reviewed and, two weeks ago, the National Archives released complete versions," he added.

According to Mr Naftali, Mr Reagan called Mr Nixon to press him to withdraw from the UN. But the president later said Mr Reagan's "complaints about Africans became the primary purpose of the call".

Mr Naftali also said the president later told his secretary of state that Mr Reagan had described the Tanzanian delegation as "cannibals" that "weren't even wearing shoes".

Mr Reagan publicly defended the apartheid states of Rhodesia and South Africa in the 1970s, and Mr Naftali said the newly-revealed recording "sheds new light" on this stance.

He served as president from 1981 to 1989, at a time marked by the climax of the Cold War and the beginning of the end of Soviet communism. He died in 2004 aged 93 after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49177034
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 09:54 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
Quote:
So you think concentration camps that literally starve children to death are fine but going against them isn't?

Concentration camps... they aren't concentration camps and to call them such shows your dishonesty. Plus no one is starving there and no one has died from a lack of water or food. The majority of deaths have come from sickness and not a sickness they got here, they got sick on their thousands of miles of travel.

Quote:
I mean but do go on about how we're terrorists for not wanting children to die in cages just because they have brown skin.

Stop with the crap, Antifa doesn't care about kids in cages, if they did they would have said something when Obama was in office, that's where it all started. Who built the "cages"? Obama did.

Baldimo

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 09:58 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
Quote:
Re: Baldimo (Post 6878958)
If you were pro free speech then you would be fighting for the right for me to say the following:

- Transgender rights are human rights
- Children in cages aren't okay
- The state should pay for food, education, and healthcare for all
- Racism is wrong
- So's homophobia btw
- And kindly stop harassing women in the streets.

but you don't. You want us silenced.

No one has said you can't say what you want. The problem comes from Antifa not stopping at words and pushing it towards violence. Every place they show up, they assault people. Say what you want, but don't attack people.

Quote:
all while you praise concentration camps that kill children.

Is this your best tactic? You are just as bad as Izzy, putting words in people's mouths.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 10:01 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Baldimo is a transphobic bigot, don't waste your breath.

Disagreeing with you doesn't make me a bigot. Men can't be women and women can't be men. If they want to think they are, then good for them, doesn't mean I have to agree with them.
izzythepush

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 10:42 am
@Baldimo,
Disagreeing with me doesn't make you a bigot, denying transgender people the right to use the toilet does, as does the above post.