monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 12:58 pm
@izzythepush,
As you are, yes. I’ve never supported Trump.
izzythepush

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 01:03 pm
@Lash,
You've been more forgiving of him than most.
blatham

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 01:12 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I have NEVER BEEN a far right Republican.

Quote:
Air America Crashes Burns Franken prematurely ejectulates...
Lash's topic heading Feb 1, 2007

I invite everyone to check Lash's topics/posts
Lash

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 01:17 pm
@izzythepush,
I don’t like Obama much, but I defended him recently for something he wasn’t to blame for.

I do the same for everyone—no matter what my overarching opinion of them may be—because the knee-jerk tribal-brained condemnation of the widely hated is worse for society than the alternative.🌹❤️
Lash

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 01:20 pm
@blatham,
A ‘far right’ person is a racist who hates gays and is entrenched in opinions about people based on their race, sexual orientation, religions etc. That has *never* defined me.

izzythepush

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 03:34 pm
@Lash,
That's just one definition of far right, and it sounds more like a definition of extreme right to me.

Over here George W Bush's neo colonialism and illegal wars are considered far right, and you supported them You voted for them..
Lash

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 03:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Back in those days, I voted for who I considered to be the lesser of two evils, and I was a bit of a cheerleader for my team—though I was lucky to be more inquisitive than most people and open to learning, though it’s unlikely that came across through my ‘rhetorical style’.
izzythepush

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 03:59 pm
@Lash,
The man had just started an illegal war the consequences of which are still playing out. You can't consider that the lesser of 2 evils unless you're looking from a far right perspective.

It's not cheerleading for your side it's embracing far right politics.
Lash

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 04:12 pm
@izzythepush,
You’re not equipped to make that judgment.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 04:46 pm
Btw, it seems to be a great time to say trump’s agreement with Guatemala to reduce the glut of refugees seems to be a good idea and it has been efficient so far. Hope it’s being carried out more humanely than the alternative on our border.
snood

Mon 29 Jul, 2019 11:58 pm
Even the fact that Trump has tried to float the lie that he was present with the first responders on 9/11 - even THAT doesn’t offend the honor of any of these people who support him?

Is nothing too low for you?
Walter Hinteler

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 12:55 am
@Lash,
Well, since Guatemala is now considered to be a 'safe third country', there should be no doubts about humanity.
Lash

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 01:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It’s odd. Ive seen two American journalists who usually excoriate Trump commending the success of the Guatemalan deal, but overnight, happened upon two additional sources that paint a pretty ugly picture. I’ll retract my kudo until further reading.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 03:30 am
@snood,
Quote:
Even the fact that Trump has tried to float the lie that he was present with the first responders on 9/11

Can you refute the claim that he was there?

It's the only way to attack this sort of claim.

He mentioned the Jews jumping around with glee watching it.

Not sure how he would have seen that, but we do have evidence of that happening.
MontereyJack

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 04:25 am
@Builder,
Not Jews, Moslems is what he claimed. Big difference. No one has been able to offer sny proof that occurred or was televised. Pure Trump invention as far as anyone cal tell. Asis his claim that soehow he helped first responders. Pretty clearly documented that most of what Trump says is pure invention on his part.
hightor

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 05:23 am
@MontereyJack,
He's referring to this report:
The Five Dancing "Israelis" Arrested On 9-11

This article in Slate discusses the history of these 9/11 celebration memes:
Trump Is Tapping Into One of the Oldest 9/11 Urban Legends
TheSubliminalKid

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 06:25 am
Yikes.

Trump is a fascist.

He's said antifa are a "terrorist group". So therefore you're not allowed to be anti-fascist, which means he is fascist.

And all of you are cheering for that.

If you want to know what you would've done during the holocaust, it's exactly what you're doing now. Cheering for the dictator, giving the rich money, while condemning people with brown skin.

The amount of right wingers having a wank over the lies being spewed out by Trump here is disgusting.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 06:28 am
@Lash,
You would've been one of those "I don't agree with everything Hitler does, but isn't he good with children? His politics shouldn't change how we feel about him as a person." during the Holocaust.
TheSubliminalKid

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 06:33 am
Trump is going the EXACT same path as Hitler.

We are seeing nazism seen as "just another opinion" and that mass ethnic cleansing and genocide is part of "free speech".

Yet I, and other members of antifa, and other left wing organisations say "hey maybe we shouldn't let kids die in cages?" and suddenly we're anti-free speech.

Then when Trump tries to get us labelled a terrorist organisation to stop OUR free speech, you'd think the pro-free speech people would be appalled. They're not though. They're delighted. Why? Because they only care about free speech when it's their fascist agenda of mass-murder, and not ours.

So it's not free speech at all. It's exactly what we said it was, neo-nazism and fascism.

By the way, most domestic terror incidents are by WHITE. MALE. SUPREMACISTS.

There is a mass shooting every day in the US by these people and its acceptable.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/14/us/white-supremacy-terrorism-soh/index.html

All antifa is responsible for is getting a couple of nazis covered in milkshake.

All of you are responsible for the USA no longer being about the Land of the Free, but being about Sieg Heil.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 07:53 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
TheSubliminalKid wrote:
You would've been one of those "I don't agree with everything Hitler does, but isn't he good with children? His politics shouldn't change how we feel about him as a person." during the Holocaust.
During my youth, many of the old Nazis (I mean those who had been party members) were often heard saying: Not everything Hitler did was bad.
And usually the named examples (like autobahn, employment, veganism, heath care etc) already started before we got him to destroy our country.

0 Replies