monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Thu 18 Jul, 2019 10:54 pm
@oralloy,
Unless of course we give him the deserved no more years and elect Joe Biden, or Warren, or Bernie, or the other Dems who prefer them to trump om the straw votes being run .
MontereyJack

Thu 18 Jul, 2019 11:09 pm
@Builder,
Well of course, RT is the propaganda TV ouylet of Putin, and remarkably they don't mention the arms deals that the Trump administration continues to crzate with the Saudis who have been major allies of the US for decades, under both Republican and Dem presidents and we have athe largest military base in the Mideast in Qatar if I remember correctly. Somehow again its just all about Hillary/ Usual Russian claptrp.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2019 11:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Have you perhaps noticed how German Green Energy has worked out exactly as I said it would?

I've told the left that their opposition to nuclear and fracking will lead to a resurgence of coal here in the US.

Leftists are good at denying reality though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2019 11:33 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
An honest assessment of the widespread shock on the morning of November 9, 2016 would tell you that Hillary Clinton wasn't the exception in "not seeing Trump coming". Pundits, politicians and rank-and-file folks all over the country (even Trump himself by most accounts) did not think Trump would win - right up until he won. So you're saying they all weren't "particularly bright"?

I was predicting back in April 2013 that the Republican nominee would win the 2016 election.

I predicted back in February 2016 that Trump would be the Republican nominee (and would therefore win). A few days later (still in February) I predicted that the Republicans would hold the White House for the next 20 years.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2019 11:34 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Since you so slyly saw Trump coming, would you be so beneficent as to give us all your Nostradoofus prediction for who wins in 2020?

Trump will win in 2020. The Republicans will hold the White House for at least 20 years (starting in 2016).
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2019 11:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Unless of course we give him the deserved no more years and elect Joe Biden, or Warren, or Bernie, or the other Dems who prefer them to trump om the straw votes being run.

Not going to happen. Save your energy for the 2036 election campaign. Anything earlier than that will just waste your energy.

And get the Democrats to nominate a centrist moderate in 2036, otherwise they'll lose even the 2036 election.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 05:13 am
Michelle Goldberg wrote:
When speaking to American Jews, [Trump's] called Israel “your country” and Benjamin Netanyahu “your prime minister,” suggesting that in his mind, we don’t fully belong here any more than Omar does.

nyt
Walter Hinteler

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 07:38 am
@hightor,
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/moERGlzl.jpg

For days Trump had targeted all four. And he criticised all four of them by name.
Who was crossed off the list? And why?
Lash

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 07:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Ayanna Pressley must be the less guilty one.

AOC and Ilhan are on his routine hit list -- and explicitly called him a racist. Tlaib, the day she was sworn in, called for his impeachment, and a day or two ago, formally submitted the resolution letter.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 07:57 am
@Lash,
Perhaps someone told the president that Pressley had to go back to Cincinnati?
Lash

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 08:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Heh.

Only Ilhan was born outside the US.

There remains a subset of Americans who think anyone not white is an interloper.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 08:11 am
@Lash,
English speaking whites.
blatham

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 08:31 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Ill vote for him if he is the democrat candidate but he aint my first choice.
Of course. He's also not my choice but I'd take him in a nanosecond over Trump (or any Republican that party would put forward).
Quote:
Edit I still blame him and Lash for the Trump presidency.
Granting Lash causality here is a bit like pointing at a butterfly's fart as a factor in global warming. Sander's prior strategy of duplicating right wing attacks on Clinton are a better target for criticism but the blame for Clinton's loss probably ought to be spread pretty widely.
farmerman

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 08:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I've told the left that their opposition to nuclear and fracking will lead to a resurgence of coal here in the US.
Once again oral speaks from his anal orifice.
We reached the half of our national (lower 48) gas and oil production back in 2014.(Lessee, thats almost three years before your "leader" (who takes credit for the sunrise) was sworn in.

Ever her of "THE MARKET FORCES"? (hint, energy production and sales doesnt give a **** who sits in the white house).
Before Trump was even a gleam in the eye of the GOP, we were forcing the OPEC countries into a "deal"
blatham

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 08:40 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Michelle Goldberg wrote:
When speaking to American Jews, [Trump's] called Israel “your country” and Benjamin Netanyahu “your prime minister,” suggesting that in his mind, we don’t fully belong here any more than Omar does.

Those damn liberals and their identity politics.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 08:50 am
@blatham,
Sanders stayed away notably from personal attacks on Clinton and stayed strictly to criticizing her right-wing policies.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 08:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Noted.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 12:04 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Once again oral speaks from his anal orifice.

Don't be so dishonorable. You cannot point to a single case of me ever having done such a thing.

farmerman wrote:
We reached the half of our national (lower 48) gas and oil production back in 2014.(Lessee, thats almost three years before your "leader" (who takes credit for the sunrise) was sworn in.

Ever her of "THE MARKET FORCES"? (hint, energy production and sales doesnt give a **** who sits in the white house).
Before Trump was even a gleam in the eye of the GOP, we were forcing the OPEC countries into a "deal"

So what?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 12:50 pm
@blatham,
The Russians, the FBI, the republican media, and Hillary. She thought she had it in the bag as did I. Who would believe the electroiate would elect an Al capon clone to the u s presidency. And it looks like it could happen again if the deems don't start showing some balls.
farmerman

Fri 19 Jul, 2019 04:33 pm
@RABEL222,
thats cause he wants us to believe that he's really NOT a capon.