monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 10:44 am
@glitterbag,

Quote:
Ahem...Kennedy, Eisenhower and Dukakis all served in the Military.

So what? A president is the Commander in Chief of our military. Service is not necessary, is it? Obama and Clinton did not serve.
glitterbag

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 10:52 am
@coldjoint,
So maybe you should compare Obama, Clinton and Trump. Trump must agonize over his 4F status, perhaps that's why he likes to parade around like a strong man. I suppose you want to grouse about all the deferments that Obama applied for and received?

Weak and timid, tsk tsk tsk.
coldjoint

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 10:54 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
So maybe you should compare Obama, Clinton and Trump.

Let's see, Clinton is a real rapist and Obama was, and is, a traitor. Trump is neither. Next.
glitterbag

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 11:02 am
@coldjoint,
How could anyone ever get tired of this???? 'snort'
RABEL222

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 11:20 am
@glitterbag,
I get tired of conservatives posting opinion as fact. Makes me want to grab a pussie.
coldjoint

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 12:50 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I get tired of conservatives posting opinion as fact.

I get tired of you posting nothing but opinion yourself.
MontereyJack

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 02:44 pm
@coldjoint,
pot meet kettle
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 03:33 pm
Quote:
Tanks, and the Media’s Fanatical Dedication to Hysteria

Someone else's opinion, but any one can see how being in a constant rage is somehow the way to live.
Quote:
The cable networks are eating it up. MSNBC, obviously, sees the advent of fascist occupation and perhaps a military crackdown on the so-called #Resistance. On CNN, they have made an issue of every Democrat talking point, from it being “potentially illegal” to arguing the expense of moving tanks in for the celebration is “wasteful” (presumably, unlike the wise and prudent expense of fireworks), to having guests on who say it isn’t a representation of “liberty”, and on and on. April Ryan appearing this afternoon said that the money should have been spent on “homeless veterans.” No one suggested to her that every president spends money on this celebration, rather than the homeless.

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/tanks-for-the-reveries/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 08:15 pm
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 08:57 pm
@coldjoint,
But its my opinion, not foxes or Trumps.
coldjoint

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 09:06 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
But its my opinion,

Based on lies from the MSM.
MontereyJack

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 10:22 pm
@coldjoint,
blah blah blah as usual
coldjoint

Thu 4 Jul, 2019 11:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
blah blah blah as usual

troll troll troll as usual.
MontereyJack

Fri 5 Jul, 2019 02:30 am
@coldjoint,
since you apparently get all your" news" from the alternate reality media, I'm not surprised you'd believe that fake **** they peddle.
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jul, 2019 07:07 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I'm not surprised you'd believe that fake **** they peddle.

I do not know what good it is to ask for an example of that. That would be not much good because you never back up what you say. That makes you irrelevant just spouting rhetoric with 0 behind it. Go troll a different thread.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Jul, 2019 07:29 am
After having listened to the President's speech, I must admit that the history lesson was superb since most people today have no clue about the USA's real history. (I've learnt that by the end of the war there was not a single airport on the North American continent that was under British control.)
coldjoint

Fri 5 Jul, 2019 07:44 am
This could be the nominee for the Democrats.

0 Replies

neptuneblue

Fri 5 Jul, 2019 07:59 am
Donald Trump trips up on history in 4th of July speech, mentions airports during Revolutionary War
David Jackson, USA TODAY Published 10:03 p.m. ET July 4, 2019 | Updated 7:32 a.m. ET July 5, 2019

During his July 4th speech, President Trump had a few historical inaccuracies. USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump read most of his Independence Day speech from a prepared text, but stumbled on his history at one point: He talked about airports during the American Revolution.

"Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports," Trump said of the fighting force created by the Continental Congress in 1775.

There was no air travel in 18th Century America.

The full riff:

"In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

"Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket’s red glare it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant."

One other note: The battle at Fort McHenry that inspired Francis Scott Key to write "The Star-Spangled Banner" took place during the War of 1812, not the American Revolution.

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
Replying to @atrupar
whoa. major reading fail here by Trump

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
As @kendallybrown points out, Trump, while struggling to read in this clip, claims that the American military "took over the airports" during a battle that took place well before airplanes were even invented

7:28 PM - Jul 4, 2019
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 5 Jul, 2019 08:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I just wanna know who his speech writer is and who’s job it is to vet those speeches.

To grossly paraphrase Churchill:

Never on the field of human politics have so many been so wrong about so much.
Lash

Fri 5 Jul, 2019 08:05 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I just wanna know who his speech writer is and who’s job it is to vet those speeches.

To grossly paraphrase Churchill:

Never on the field of human politics have so many been so wrong about so much.

Is he just ad libbing?