monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 03:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Where has the DNC endorsed a guaranteed annual income, reparations, or free college? These are positions favored by some individual candidates and opposed by others.
Baldimo

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 03:23 pm
@hightor,
What happens when one of those people becomes the DNC candidate, does the DNC tell them they can't run with those policy positions? No, they adopt those policy positions as part of the party position.

You sure seem hell bent on protecting the DNC, why is that? Every time someone points to the DNC, you try and deflect from the DNC. Do you do these same things when someone claims the GOP or Republicans are doing something?
Baldimo

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 04:00 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Um, the term "fascism" applies to national governments, not private companies.

I would disagree as their behavior fits with the definition.

Quote:
Liberals are commonly kicked off of conservative media platforms, if you haven't noticed.

What conservative media platforms and who has been kicked off? If you didn't notice the social media platforms are run by liberals and leftists, major DNC donors.

Quote:
While there's nothing which requires a private company to post harmful content, like anti-vaccination propaganda, racist screeds, or incitements to political violence, there's nothing stopping anyone from believing what they wish and finding media outlets which will post hate speech and lies.

Hate speech? You haven't been following what is really going on in the social media world have you? Violent threats have been coming from the left with groups like Antifa saying punch a Nazi... to them a Nazi is someone who disagree's with them. I'd recommend a few video's to watch, but you wouldn't watch them anyways. Conservative media outlets... kicking liberals off their platforms... that's got to be one of the funniest things I've read all day.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 04:16 pm
Quote:
Hate speech? You haven't been following what is really going on in the social media world have you? Violent threats have been coming from the left with groups like Antifa saying punch a Nazi... to them a Nazi is someone who disagree's with them. I'd recommend a few video's to watch, but you wouldn't watch them anyways. Conservative media outlets... kicking liberals off their platforms... that's got to be one of the funniest things I've read all day.

Exactly why when any Leftist complains about ethics this shows they do not have any. The only conclusion is that what is fair and ethical means 0 to them. Also it shows who has the better argument, that would be the side that doesn't want government control and globalism.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 06:55 pm
Quote:
Twitter Announces Plans to Hide Tweets from Trump and Other Public Officials if They Break Rules

No agenda here? No ethics here either.
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/twitter-announces-plans-to-hide-tweets-from-trump-and-other-public-officials-if-they-break-rules/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 08:29 pm
Quote:
John Brennan’s Thrown Together 2017 ICA Report on Russia Is Being Investigated

Brennan has already shown everyone how smart he is a few times. This investigation won't help the Democrats.
Quote:
How did the Brennan-led CIA and Obama administration go from saying Russian interference wasn’t going to happen right before the election to making grand proclamations of a tainted election in a matter of days? Simple: they threw together a bunch of unsubstantiated accusations that sounded good and shoved them out under official auspices.

Busted eventually, hopefully soon.
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/06/26/john-brennans-thrown-together-2017-ica-report-russia-investigated/
farmerman

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 09:32 pm
@coldjoint,
Red State, wow, why Not the Journal of Irreproducible Results
coldjoint

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 09:52 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

It isn't the NYT or the WP. You can be sure they are lying.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 10:45 pm
Trump golf course dunes to lose special status
Quote:
The sand dunes at Donald Trump's Aberdeenshire golf resort are expected to lose their status as a nationally-important protected environment.

Government watchdog Scottish Natural Heritage has recommended that Menie links be removed from an existing site of special scientific interest (SSSI).

SNH concluded Mr Trump's golf course had "destroyed" the sand dune system, causing permanent habitat loss.

The Trump Organisation reacted by calling the move a "stitch-up".

SNH said it was "unusual" to remove an SSSI from the list but there was no longer a reason to protect the dunes.
coldjoint

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 10:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Trump golf course dunes to lose special status

That should send ripples around the world. Why post gossip about a business Trump is not running?
glitterbag

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 11:36 pm
Well The Trump gang won't have any of that, before they allow 1 p to slip away from their coffers, they will declare war against Scotland. The flaw in that plan is that as soon as war is declared the entire world will start laughing so hard the globe might teeter off the axis, dooming us all.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 27 Jun, 2019 11:45 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Why post gossip about a business Trump is not running?
Certainly you might consider Scottish Natural Heritage as being an agency for spreading gossips.

But I posted it here due to the title of the thread ....
https://i.imgur.com/AE40tVX.jpg

... and Trump's opinion of his golf course
https://i.imgur.com/KHHtuDm.jpg

I do hope, this is excuse enough. Otherwise, I offer my sincerest apologises of upsetting you.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 12:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
At the G20-meeting, Trump said of Merkel, with whom he has often been at odds: "“The Chancellor is a great friend of mine."
The relationship with Merkel is "grandiose", he said in a tv interview.
The president told Merkel that he would rather be "spending time with you than watching" the debate.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 12:25 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I actually had a copy of that, at one time. Hilarious.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 01:24 am
Western liberalism is obsolete, warns Putin, ahead of May meeting
Quote:
Putin described German chancellor Angela Merkel’s decision to allow more than a million refugees – most of whom were fleeing the war in Syria – into Germany as a “cardinal mistake”.

In contrast, he was full of praise for Trump’s attempts to prevent migrants from entering the US from Mexico. “This liberal idea presupposes that nothing needs to be done. That migrants can kill, plunder and rape with impunity because their rights as migrants have to be protected.”

European Council President Tusk:
Quote:
What I find really obsolete are: authoritarianism, personality cults, the rule of oligarchs. Even if sometimes they may seem effective.
hightor

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:41 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
You sure seem hell bent on protecting the DNC, why is that?

I'm not "protecting" the DNC. I'm criticizing your sloppy use of the term to refer to anything any Democrat ever says or does.
Quote:
Every time someone points to the DNC, you try and deflect from the DNC.

Um, you're the only person who consistently misuses the term.
Quote:
Do you do these same things when someone claims the GOP or Republicans are doing something?

No, because "GOP" is a widely accepted name for the Republican Party. If someone started referring to the "RNC" the same way you do with the "DNC", I'd criticize them as well.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 01:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
That migrants can kill, plunder and rape with impunity because their rights as migrants have to be protected.”

Putin is right, that Tusk guy is a globalist blowhole.
Sturgis

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Then again, one of those migrants might enter the U.S., gain an education and go on to find a cure for cancer or most if not all of the many neuromuscular diseases. Never underestimate the power, importance and value of the people trying to escape from their homelands and come to the U.S.
coldjoint

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:35 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Never underestimate the power, importance and value of the people trying to escape from their homelands and come to the U.S.

Legal migrants are no problem and never have been.
Sturgis

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:40 pm
@coldjoint,
Never?

While this is legally true, the actual enactment is far less factual.

You need to take a look at the history of the nation. Examine carefully the treatment received by many.