monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Rightists support massive violations of Americans' civil rights for fun.

Liar. You cannot point out any such behavior by anyone on the right.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
every time oralloy posts one of his stale endlessly repeated lies.

The only liar here is you. You can't point out anything untrue in any of my posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:30 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
I think it is much more credible. To each his own.

They are more credible. Only gullible people believe the BBC.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:31 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Heh.

He's right. The BBC has no credibility.
InfraBlue

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:32 pm
@oralloy,
Heh heh.
oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
Why would anyone believe proven liars like the BBC?

I much prefer news from sources with integrity.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:38 pm
Quote:
BBC bosses accused of 'sanitising' Islamist attacks after it emerges reporters will be told to stop using the word 'terror' unless quoting someone else

BBC journalists will be effectively banned from using the word 'terror' in reports
Their reporters are already advised to steer clear of 'terrorist' and 'terrorism'
They will refer to terror attacks by naming specific details such as the location
Yesterday, MPs and experts accused the BBC of 'failing in its public service duty

Submission.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7122123/BBC-reporters-told-stop-using-word-terror-unless-quoting-else.html
oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:42 pm
@coldjoint,
The BBC has a long and dishonorable history of spreading lies.

They were busted for spouting all sorts of slander against Amanda Knox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVBRHbOBXDw
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:44 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
MontereyJack wrote:
stale endlessly repeated lies.

And you can't name one of them. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Leftists think that deflecting and lying are preferable to honesty and integrity.
MontereyJack

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 05:47 pm
@oralloy,
Every single one he posts
MontereyJack

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 05:54 pm
@oralloy,
Leftists value honesty and integrity which is why we find your posts so disgusting. Rightists take great joy in getting as many guns as they possibly can in the hands of murderers who love violating civil rights. Its a pretty sick thing for you to enjoy so much. It makes you death lovers.
oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 06:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Every single one he posts

Liar. You cannot back up your scurrilous accusations by posting anything untrue in any of my posts.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 06:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Its a pretty sick thing for you to enjoy so much. It makes you death lovers.

I got a vacation for saying the same kind of thing. If Oralloy complains I wonder if you will.
oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 06:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Leftists value honesty and integrity which is why we find your posts so disgusting.

Nope. People with honesty and integrity do not lie about other people the way you do.

MontereyJack wrote:
Rightists take great joy in getting as many guns as they possibly can in the hands of murderers who love violating civil rights. Its a pretty sick thing for you to enjoy so much. It makes you death lovers.

Liar. You cannot point out any occurrences of any such behavior.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 06:24 pm
http://www.usmessageboard.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2F66.media.tumblr.com%2F5caecd573cd5888e115799dbf93e2ea1%2Ftumblr_psyjffmyJc1upp5rwo1_500.png&hash=7230d310b438c6c4df50cd8e00628bbe
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2019 06:35 pm
@coldjoint,
I don't entirely get why the moderators pull some posts and leave others. Many outrageous attacks against me have been removed over the years, but now and then an attack against me is not removed despite it being pretty outrageous.

Other times there have been posts against me that I thought were pretty harmless and even funny, and suddenly they vanish.

I would guess that his posts do not quite cross the line into personal attacks against me. But since I don't entirely understand where the line is, who knows.

Sometimes the moderators act against long-running feuds and delete a bunch of messages. At some point they might start deleting his lies under that rule.

I don't plan to complain since his lies are not terribly grievous. It seems to me that simply pointing out his inability to back up his accusations is sufficient.

I won't be surprised though if a bunch of his posts suddenly vanish when it gets to the point that his vendetta is derailing threads.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 12 Jun, 2019 01:06 am
Reminds me of the Yorkshire phrase, "If brains were dynamite he wouldn't blow his cap off.

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has inadvertently revealed some details of his immigration deal with Mexico.

He refused to discuss the plans with reporters, saying they were "secret".

But he said this while waving around a sheet of paper that had the specifics of the deal written on it - which was then photographed by news media.

It described a plan to designate Mexico a "safe third country", among other plans that had already been revealed by Mexico's foreign minister on Monday.

If Mexico were to be a safe third country, migrants' asylum applications would be processed there rather than in the US.

The document said Mexico had committed to immediately examining its laws in order to enable it to become a safe third country if need be.

It also contained references to a regional asylum plan, which would involve several Latin American countries processing migrants' asylum claims in order to stave off US tariffs, and to "45 days".

Mr Ebrard said that Mexico had 45 days to show it was able to stem the flow of US-bound migrants by strengthening its southern border.

It is now deploying 6,000 National Guard personnel to the border with Guatemala.

"You go to the south and the first thing you ask yourself is, 'Right, where's the border?' There's nothing," he said on Tuesday. "The idea is to make the south like the north as far as possible."

If this plan fails, the foreign minister said, Mexico has agreed to be designated a safe third country - something that has been demanded by the US before, but has long been rejected by Mexico.

Mr Ebrard earlier said the US had been insistent on this measure, and that they had wanted this to be implemented straight away.

But he said: "We told them - I think it was the most important achievement of the negotiations - 'let's set a time period to see if what Mexico is proposing will work, and if not, we'll sit down and see what additional measures [are needed]'."

"They wanted something else totally different to be signed. But that is what there is here. There is no other thing," he said.

If Mexico fails to curb migration in 45 days, other countries will be drawn into the matter.

Discussions would take place with Brazil, Panama and Guatemala - the countries currently used by migrants as transit points - to see if they could share the burden of processing asylum claims.

Mr Ebrard also said US negotiators had wanted Mexico to commit to "zero migrants" crossing its territory, but that was "mission impossible".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48604023
MontereyJack

Wed 12 Jun, 2019 09:20 am
@izzythepush,
A variant was in an old bo didley song, "If brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your nose"
izzythepush

Wed 12 Jun, 2019 10:29 am
@MontereyJack,
Yorkshire has been around a lot longer than Bo Diddley, (more's the pity).
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 12 Jun, 2019 10:55 am
Quote:
At least 26 civilians have been injured in a missile attack by Yemen's rebel Houthi movement on an airport in south-west Saudi Arabia, the military says.

Three women and two children were among those hurt when the arrivals hall at Abha airport was hit early on Wednesday, according to a statement.

The rebels said they had launched a cruise missile at the facility.

Saudi Arabia leads a coalition of Arab states backing Yemen's government in its four-year war with the Houthis.

Yemen has been devastated by a conflict that escalated in March 2015, when the rebels seized control of much of the west of the country and forced President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi to flee abroad.

Alarmed by the rise of a group they believed to be backed militarily by regional Shia power Iran, Saudi Arabia and eight other mostly Sunni Arab states began an air campaign aimed at restoring Mr Hadi's government.

Coalition military spokesman Col Turki al-Maliki said a projectile fired by the Houthis hit Abha International Airport at 02:21 on Wednesday (23:21 GMT on Tuesday), according to a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.

Col Maliki said the attack on a civilian airport, which is about 110km (70 miles) from the border with Yemen, was a violation of international humanitarian law and that it might constitute a war crime.

The coalition would "take urgent and timely measures to deter this terrorist militia, and to ensure the protection of civilians and civilian objects", he added.

Col Maliki said work was under way to identify the type of projectile involved, but Houthi-run Al-Masirah TV cited rebel military spokesman Brig-Gen Yahia Sari as saying it was a cruise missile.

"The latest US systems could not intercept the missile. This strike spread panic and fear among enemies and caused a great confusion in their side," he added.

Al-Masirah said it was the second time the Houthis had fired a cruise missile. The first reportedly targeted a nuclear power plant under construction in Abu Dhabi in 2017. There were no reports of a missile reaching the emirate at the time.

The rebels have carried out numerous cross-border missile and drone attacks in the past. But it is rare for them to cause so many civilian casualties.

Last month, the Houthis carried simultaneous drone attacks on two oil pumping stations in Saudi Arabia, which put a key pipeline out of action for a day.

Saudi Deputy Defence Minister Prince Khaled bin Salman said this attack and others were "ordered by the regime in Tehran". Iran denied it was involved, as did the Houthis.

In response, the coalition launched air strikes on the rebel-held Yemeni capital, Sanaa, which reportedly killed at least six people, including four children.

The UN says the fighting in Yemen has left at least 7,000 civilians dead and 11,000 injured. About 65% of the deaths have been attributed to coalition air strikes.

Thousands more civilians have died from preventable causes, including malnutrition, disease and poor health.

In December, both sides agreed to a local ceasefire and withdrawal of forces around the key Red Sea port city of Hudaydah, through which most of Yemen's aid is delivered. But elsewhere the violence has continued unabated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48608213