monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 12:05 pm
@coldjoint,
https://vtn.co/2019/06/03/abortion-poll-most-americans-oppose-fetal-heartbeat-laws-closing-of-all-clinics-in-a-state fail,joint
coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 12:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
after the pulsing of an embryo

There is no such medical term, that is a HEARTBEAT, it was made up by a reporter. That from your link.
Quote:
55%-45%,

That is not a majority if it includes 45%. Do you need a math and civics course? I would say "fail" but that secret about your posts is it out.
MontereyJack

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 12:22 pm
@coldjoint,
the poll is talking saout fetal heartbeat

Kaiser Family Foundation 56-37 against fetal heartbeat ban. Go to polling report.com for the full panoply of polls about fetal heartbeat. You're losing.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 12:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Kaiser Family Foundation 56-37 against fetal heartbeat ban

Apparently they are just another poll. They are not the only one and mine says something different. Why don't you research the methodology of both and get back to us?
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 12:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You have not named any times.

Yes I have.

MontereyJack wrote:
You just make ultravague suggestions they existed.

Nope. I named the events.

MontereyJack wrote:
WHAT WERE THEY?

1) The budget deal that moderate Republicans tried to reach with Obama after the 2010 election.

2) The immigration reform that moderate Republicans wanted to pass after the 2014 election.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 12:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
And I have pointed out to you that over 90%pf the country, PLUS about 2/3 of NRA members supported Obama's gun measures.The NRA and the GOP blocked Obama as has been charged, and blocked the overwhelming will of the American people.

Assuming that that is even true, so what?

The fact remains that Obama squandered the first hundred days of his second term fighting with the NRA instead of getting legislation passed.

That was his choice to waste his second term. No Republican made him do it.

MontereyJack wrote:
Which, the way you view things, means the NRA and the Republican party should both be outlawed.

No. Defending civil liberties is a good thing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 01:57 pm
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/TLKLjHl.jpg

Quote:
Trump’s declaration shocked many space enthusiasts, because the moon has not traditionally been regarded as part of Mars.

The leading theory is that a collision between Earth and a planet-sized entity, many years ago, resulted in debris that eventually became the moon. On average Mars is 140m miles from the moon. Nasa did not immediately respond to a question from the Guardian asking if the moon is part of Mars.

Irrespective of whether the moon is part of Mars (it isn’t), Trump’s announcement was doubly surprising given his previous enthusiasm for a moon trip. His criticism of Nasa for “talking about going to the moon” came just three weeks after Trump championed the idea of a lunar visit.
The Guardian

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/KosBnt3.jpg
coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 02:16 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Did Merkel say she was going to help Germany or destroy it? Everyone misspeaks sometime.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 02:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Quote:
Trump’s declaration shocked many space enthusiasts, because the moon has not traditionally been regarded as part of Mars.

He's a ******* visionary!
coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 02:55 pm
@izzythepush,

Quote:
He's a ******* visionary!

And president until early 2025. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sturgis

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 02:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Are you sure? Maybe Madama Macadamia sold you a broken crystal ball.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 02:59 pm
Quote:
A Movement of Professional Victims and Conspiracy Theories

Quote:
If the radicals had red hats, they would say, “They’re Out To Get You.”

TOTGY has been the leftist motto since before Marx learned to shave and then decided to stop doing it. The arc of history may bend toward many places, but the black rainbow serviced by a snarling leprechaun with a PhD and a cocaine problem always begins and ends in the same paranoid place.

They’re destroying the planet. They’re hoarding all the wealth. They start all the wars. They’re dividing the country. They’re killing kids in schools. They’re conspiring with the Russians. They killed JFK.

The Democrats crave inspirational leaders for the same reason that alcoholics need mouthwash. It covers up the ugly stench. Lefties love packaging their hateful ravings, paranoid delusions and plans for world domination with moving soliloquies about everyone coming together to make a difference.

So far coming together and making a difference has killed approximately 200 million people.

Yep. That doesn't worry people? It sure as Hell should.
http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2019/06/a-movement-of-professional-victims-and.html
coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 03:04 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Are you sure?

Does it matter?
0 Replies

snood

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 04:59 pm
Here’s a fun fact to ponder and share:
The Democratic presidential candidate has not won the majority of the white vote since 1964.
LBJ pushed, and got the Civil Rights Act passed that year. He said at the time, “It’s an important gain, but I think we just delivered the South to the Republican Party for a long time to come.”

Gee, what do you reckon upset those fine southern Christian white folks so much that they never voted for a democrat again?

https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/civil-rights-act
coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 05:31 pm
@snood,
Quote:
LBJ pushed, and got the Civil Rights Act passed that year.

Do you recall what LBJ said? I will give you a hint. It was about Blacks, but he did not call them that. LBJ was a racist. And he cared about the votes not the rights or the people that got them.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 07:33 pm
Quote:
Johnstone: People Who Support Internet Censorship Are Infantile Narcissists

Among other things, but that works for me.

Quote:
As of this writing, journalist Ford Fischer is still completely demonetized on YouTube as the result of a new set of rules that were put in place because of some doofy Twitter drama between some unfunny asshole named Steven Crowder and some infantile narcissist who thinks the world revolves around his opinions named Carlos Maza. It remains an unknown if Fischer will ever be restored to an important source of income around which he has built his livelihood.

Backfire, Maza likes Fischer.
https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/mrz060519-color-1-6-mb_1_orig.jpg?itok=ELj8lenE
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-07/johnstone-people-who-support-internet-censorship-are-infantile-narcissists
BillRM

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 07:38 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Here’s a fun fact to ponder and share:
The Democratic presidential candidate has not won the majority of the white vote since 1964.
LBJ pushed, and got the Civil Rights Act passed that year. He said at the time, “It’s an important gain, but I think we just delivered the South to the Republican Party for a long time to come.”

Gee, what do you reckon upset those fine southern Christian white folks so much that they never voted for a democrat again?

https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/civil-rights-act

Too bad that the Republicans had yet to find a way to limit the votes to white males with at most a HS degree.

Yes I know they are working hard to so limit the vote.
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 07:43 pm
@coldjoint,
So you are of the opinion that our soldiers had fought and die for the right of con men to use private websites to spread lies an falsehoods for their finance benefit?
coldjoint

Fri 7 Jun, 2019 08:24 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So you are of the opinion that our soldiers had fought and die for the right

Rights. Our right to freedom of thought is one of those. And that means exposure to what we don't like and people we don't like. If you can not handle that responsibility and want others to decide for you it is your business. But leave me out of it. That is what they fought for. Choice and your right to make your own.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 8 Jun, 2019 04:58 am
@coldjoint,
https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/mrz060519-color-1-6-mb_1_orig.jpg?itok=ELj8lenE

Nothing "great" about sacrificing the lives of young lads, for no actual gain.