monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Wed 15 May, 2019 03:34 am
@roger,
Quote:
Exactly. Trump's supporters are a minority, but his minority votes. The others might vote.

Did you have an idea of what you're trying to say here Roger?
Because it makes as much sense as having a hip pocket in a singlet, to me.
oralloy

Wed 15 May, 2019 04:02 am
@Builder,
Voting isn't mandatory in the US.

He is saying that Trump supporters will show up at the polls on election day.

People who oppose Trump might show up at the polls on election day.
MontereyJack

Wed 15 May, 2019 05:00 am
@oralloy,
Remember 2018
Baldimo

Wed 15 May, 2019 10:01 am
@MontereyJack,
THe DNC used the Mueller Report as talking point during the 2018 election, they no longer have that weapon as Mueller cleared Trump and all Americans involved with his campaign of collusion with Russia. The DNC even went as far as to create fake Russian accounts and link them to GOP candidates. It was Russian fake fear generated by the DNC, and their voter fell for it.

revelette1

Wed 15 May, 2019 10:06 am
@Baldimo,
He did not clear Trump and all involved with Collusions. That was merely Barr's interpretation. What the report basically said was they could not find enough provable evidence of any (successful) criminal collaboration between Trump's campaign and Russian officials. There was plenty of collusions which is a different thing and not even a term in the law books. Don't worry though Barr's spin will be enough to cover republicans who know better and those chumps who wouldn't know the difference in the first place. I except 2020 will be hard for both sides.

Moreover, on stumps, democrats didn't in 2018 nor are they now bringing up the Mueller investigation too much. They bring up bread and butter issues which matter to those who are not profiting from Trump's tax cuts and so called rising economy because of slashing regulations and throwing the middle class and poor under the bus.
revelette1

Wed 15 May, 2019 10:14 am
I just heard on MSNBC that the US orders all partial emergency personnel to leave Iraq as tensions rise with Iran. Way to go Trump. With that scary thought and tariffs and trade war with China, Trump and the rest of the world has trouble ahead.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 15 May, 2019 11:15 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
He did not clear Trump and all involved with Collusions.

You are wrong, he was cleared of collusion and that goes for all Americans involved with the Trump campaign.

Quote:
Moreover, on stumps, democrats didn't in 2018 nor are they now bringing up the Mueller investigation too much.

The DNC ran on the Mueller Report as the only way to beat Trump. They had to have people in the House so they could run their "Impeachment campaign" against Trump. They created fake Russian accounts and linked them GOP candidates. The DNC had nothing to run on in 2018 but Mueller. Did you pay attention at Christmas time when the left and Hollywood were posting their Mueller and Indictment songs?
maporsche

Wed 15 May, 2019 11:17 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Quote:
He did not clear Trump and all involved with Collusions.

You are wrong, he was cleared of collusion and that goes for all Americans involved with the Trump campaign.

No. He was cleared of criminal conspiracy.

He was not cleared of non-criminal conspiracy.
He was not cleared of collusion (which isn't even a crime).
georgeob1

Wed 15 May, 2019 11:34 am
@maporsche,
You are playing with words. A prosecutorial investigation such as Mueller's has the duty and right to determine only the presence or lack of probable cause for legal action. If one is "cleared" under such a procedure than he/she therefore is and remains innocent of any crime under the law.

The rest involves only opinion and viewpoint.
roger

Wed 15 May, 2019 11:48 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Voting isn't mandatory in the US.

He is saying that Trump supporters will show up at the polls on election day.

People who oppose Trump might show up at the polls on election day.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was totally obvious.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 15 May, 2019 12:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Nonsense. Trump lost the vote xIN16.he alienated it more by 1_
Nothing to do with nueller.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 15 May, 2019 12:08 pm
Quote:
US President Donald Trump's Miami golf resort and Manhattan skyscraper, jewels in the crown of his property empire, are in decline, say US media.

The Trump National Doral Miami has reported a steep drop in profit since 2015, according to the Washington Post.

Since 2015 net operating income fell by 69%, the paper reported, citing Trump Organization documents.

And owners of units at Trump Tower in New York have been selling at heavy losses, Bloomberg reports.

The 643-room Doral resort - which is Mr Trump's highest-earning hotel - is "severely underperforming" other resorts in south Florida, a Trump Organization tax consultant told a Miami-Dade County official last year, according to the Post.

"There is some negative connotation that is associated with the brand," said the consultant while seeking to lower the property's tax rate.

Kimberly Benza, a Trump Organization representative, told BBC News: "The article is absolute garbage.

"2018 is one of the best years in the history of the property."

President Trump bragged in 2016 of claiming depreciation on his commercial real estate as an old property developers' tactic to lower his taxes.

Bloomberg News reports that apartment owners in Trump Tower, Manhattan, were selling for "brutal" losses.

Some flats at the skyscraper - where Mr Trump ran his 2016 presidential campaign and filmed TV show The Apprentice - have been sold at losses as high as 20%.

In Manhattan, only 0.23% of homes over the last two years have sold at a loss, according to data provider PropertyShark.

The tower's occupancy rate is double the average vacancy of most Manhattan properties, according to Bloomberg.

By contrast, the Trump Organization this year reported a 26% increase in profit from foreign governments.

The company said it planned to donate that money to the US Department of Treasury.

The Trump International Hotel in Washington seems to be prospering as diplomats and lobbyists reportedly splurge there.

During the hotel's first full year of operation in 2017, revenues topped $40m (£31m).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48275796
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 15 May, 2019 12:22 pm
@georgeob1,
Of course George. I said outright that he was cleared of criminal conspiracy and only criminal conspiracy. You further point out that in reality he was only cleared of there being enough probably cause beyond a reasonable doubt of criminal conspiracy. He is innocent as it stands of the crime of criminal conspiracy....and like I pointed out, ONLY criminal conspiracy.

The report did not clear him of non-criminal conspiracy.
The report did not clear him of collusion.

You agree on those last two points I imagine.
revelette1

Wed 15 May, 2019 12:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

Where does it say in the Mueller report he was cleared of collusion? I bet you dollars to donuts you can't find it anywhere.

You are pointing out political people not candidates on what they campaigned on.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 15 May, 2019 01:50 pm
Quote:
U.S. Orders Partial Evacuation of Embassy in Baghdad

WASHINGTON — The State Department ordered a partial evacuation of the United States Embassy in Baghdad on Wednesday, responding to what the Trump administration said was a threat linked to Iran, one that has led to an accelerated movement of American ships and bombers into the Persian Gulf.

The department ordered “nonemergency U.S. government employees,” at both the embassy in Baghdad and the consulate in Erbil, to leave the country. The order applies primarily to full-time diplomats posted to Iraq by State Department headquarters in Washington, and an embassy statement said that visa services in Iraq would be suspended as a result. Contractors who provide security, food and other such services will remain in place for now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-orders-partial-evacuation-of-embassy-in-baghdad/ar-AABogji?ocid=spartandhp

Blatham, you might be please to know I finally paid a subscription for one of the newspapers online. I paid for the NYT. They ran a special when I was reading there so I did it after thinking about you said about newspapers being run out of buisness.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 15 May, 2019 02:14 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

The report did not clear him of non-criminal conspiracy.
The report did not clear him of collusion.

You agree on those last two points I imagine.

I do. However just what constitutes "non criminal conspiracy" or "non criminal collusion". Was the purchase of the production of the Steele dossier (all prepared from Russian sources) by the Clinton campaign collusion or conspiracy? How about the Clinton facilitated (as Sec. State) purchase of North American uranium production, immediately followed by a handsomely paid for speech engagement for husband Bill and a multimillion dollar contribution to the Clinton Foundation that paid the salaries of her coterie of political aides? Were these also "non criminal collusions or conspiracies?
coldjoint

Wed 15 May, 2019 02:21 pm
@georgeob1,
Killary is above the law. At least for the time being.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 15 May, 2019 02:49 pm
Quote:
Which One Of The Spygate Rats Will Flip First?

The article suggests it could be Jim Baker.
Quote:
And while Comey and Brennan show no signs of remorse or cracking, the same can not be said of former FBI General Counsel James Baker.

According to The Washington Examiner’s Daniel Chaitin, former FBI General Counsel James Baker said on Monday he expects the Justice Department inspector general to find "mistakes" committed by the bureau in its handling of the Trump-Russia investigation.

Baker, who admitted last week the inspector general makes him "nervous," said the government watchdog will probably find some errors reports Chaitin.

"The inspector general is looking at everything we did," Baker said on CNN. "If the IG usually finds mistakes that we made, so I expect him to find mistakes this time."

Baker said last week at an event in Washington, D.C., that he took a leading role in overseeing the FISA warrant applications to obtain the authority to spy on Page. Baker said on Monday he does not believe there was any intent from the people he worked with to do "anything wrong or illegal," including politically motivated spying.

To us Baker sounds like an insider attempting to get out in front of a story he knows is going to go against him. And that begs the question, given U.S. attorney John Durham’s reputation for uncovering and prosecuting FBI corruption in the Bolger case, which one of the Spygate rats is going to flip first?

He is not going to be a fall guy for Comey, Brennan, Clapper, and Obama.
http://www.conservativehq.com/article/30250-which-one-spygate-rats-will-flip-first
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 15 May, 2019 03:03 pm
Quote:
Non-citizens commit 42% of federal crimes, despite being 7% of population

Not all non-citizens are not illegals, but quite a few of them are. Theses facts blow a huge whole in the narrative that citizens are more likely to commit these kind of crimes. The numbers the lying Left uses are the number of crimes and they forget to mention what a small percentage are responsible for so many. Research the numbers and you can see how they are manipulated by seasoned liars in the political world and the MSM.
Quote:
The race of federal offenders remained largely unchanged from prior years. In fiscal year 2018, 54.3 percent of all offenders were Hispanic, 21.2 percent were White, 20.6 percent were Black, and 3.8 percent were of another race. Non-U.S. Citizens accounted for 42.7 percent of all federal offenders.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/report-non-citizens-commit-42-of-federal-crimes/

0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 15 May, 2019 03:32 pm
@georgeob1,
I was responding to a poster that had claimed that the Mueller report had completely cleared Trump and all of his associates of collusion (he used these specific words)

That’s all I was doing George before you replied and we had this fun and probably irrelevant tangent.