monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

lmur

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 06:33 am
I had not heard of Tucker Carlson but he seems to be a lovely chap.

https://washingtonpress.com/2019/03/10/audio-just-surfaced-of-fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-defending-child-rape-and-insulting-women-2/?fbclid=IwAR0rGznxd6sONRIyIfMch5xaB6qA4-EOXB8cMCwM3ggeQ_uRLFCQCSh4nkE
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 07:18 am
@coldjoint,
U7TTYER BILGE. tHE EXACT OPPOSITE OF CENSORSHIP. aIRING THE FILTH THAT Carlson tries to hide isn't censorship. And saying the right isn't weaponizing politics but the left is, is oncense. The right has been doing it since Joe McCarthy, if not before.
blatham

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 08:28 am
As it happens, I watched Spotlight again just last night. I confess that, again, I ended up in tears.

Voices From The Right - George Will
Quote:
“Horseplay,” a term used to denote child rape, is, says Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro, part of a sinister glossary of euphemisms by which the Catholic Church’s bureaucracy obfuscates in documents the church’s “pattern of abuse” and conspiracy of silence “that goes all the way to the Vatican.” “Benevolent bishops” are those who allow predatory priests, shuffled from other dioceses, to continue as priests.

The fuse for the national explosion of fury about sexual abuse by Catholic clergy was lit in Boston — the excellent 2015 movie “Spotlight” recounts the Boston Globe’s victory over the stonewalling Catholic hierarchy in 2001 and 2002. But the still-reverberating detonation occurred last August in a Pennsylvania grand jury’s report on the sexual abuse by approximately 300 priests of at least 1,000 victims in six dioceses in the state.

coldjoint

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 11:06 am
@blatham,
Quote:
As it happens, I watched..

someone post that said they were through with this thread. I have noticed this person will not honor his own word. That is not the kind of person I chose to listen to, how about the rest of you?
coldjoint

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 11:12 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
aIRING THE FILTH THAT Carlson tries to hide isn't censorship.

How did Carlson try and hide anything? You are ranting again.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:22 pm
@coldjoint,
Why are you so hung up on who posts here or why? You can't refute someone's arguments so you insult them on a personal level?
Quote:
That is not the kind of person I chose to listen to...

Then don't bother responding.

coldjoint

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:28 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Why are you so hung up on who posts here or why?

Because he said the thread he started is useless and he was leaving. A man who does not keep his word or does what he says he is going to do and then not do it lacks character and moral fiber. I will continue to call him out on both of those. And it is not personal it would go for anyone who acts like that. What they say should be seen with those defects and those call what they say into question.
MontereyJack

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:41 pm
@coldjoint,
I trust you realize you just described trumps lack of character and moral fiber perfectly.
coldjoint

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I trust you realize you just described trumps lack of character and moral fiber perfectly.

Nope, I described a paid shill from Canada.
hightor

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:49 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Because he said the thread he started is useless and he was leaving.

Maybe he was joking, maybe he changed his mind — in any case, your endless harping about it makes you sound like Mother Hen.

edit: mistakenly replied to Monterey Jack. Meant cj, obviously.
coldjoint

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:53 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
in any case, your endless harping about it makes you sound like Mother Hen.

What I said is the truth. He is devoid of everything he claims that he, himself, say matters. I do not care what you think I sound like, you are entitled to your opinion.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:57 pm
BREAKING NEWS:
Senate Rejects Trump’s Border Emergency Declaration, Setting Up First Veto
Quote:
The 59-41 vote on the House-passed measures set up the first veto of Mr. Trump’s presidency.
coldjoint

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 01:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
The 59-41 vote on the House-passed measures set up the first veto of Mr. Trump’s presidency.

Hardly news. Everyone knew it was going to happen. Trump has the legal right, as Congress has the right to change the law that gave him that power. The veto is necessary to move things along.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 01:25 pm
@coldjoint,
As far as i can seeyoure excoriating blatham for merely changing his mindclaiming he lacks moral characcter thereforre. He doesnt. But by your criteria the personn who does in fact lack moral charscter is the one you defend endlessly d trump.
coldjoint

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 02:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
for merely changing his mind

What does he do to people, not the posters, people in general. Do you see a high opinion from him for anyone he disagrees with, I don't. He moralizes and has none. His disrespect for a very large group of people is based on what he says they are.

He insists they lack moral character and are racists and bigots when he can't keep, as morally required, his word. People on the outside looking in seldom know what they are talking about. If you enjoy this kind of dialogue remember how it came about, Blatham should be held up to his standards.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 02:05 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Maybe he was joking, maybe he changed his mind -- in any case, your endless harping about it makes you sound like Mother Hen.

The left hates it when people call them on their endless nonsense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 02:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
claiming he lacks moral character therefore. He doesn't.

Blatham's childish name-calling whenever someone confronts him with facts and reality shows otherwise.

It's even worse than your childish name-calling in such situations.
coldjoint

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 03:07 pm
Another nail in the Snope's coffin.
Quote:
Snopes Veers Far Left: Smears Tennessee Star And Promotes Bizarre Conspiracy Theory

Quote:
One of the more interesting phenomena of the internet age is the rise of self-appointed Leftwing “fact checkers” who have created a cottage industry of undermining straight news reporting critical of Democrats and Leftist causes.

One of the more prominent examples of this phenomena is Snopes.com, which began as a website debunking urban myths on the internet and has gradually moved further and further Left to become a favored tool of the Left for shielding Democrats and helping Leftwing advocacy groups smear conservatives as purveyors of “fake news.”

One of the most egregious recent examples of Snopes.com’s Leftist tilt is its defense of Native American Nathan Phillips from claims of stolen valor leveled at him after he instigated the post-March for Life confrontation with the Covington Catholic High School students.

While Snopes.com rated the charges that Phillips falsely claimed he was a Vietnam veteran as “unproven” and posted a lengthy defense of him here, the military culture website “Task and Purpose” had already exposed Phillips stolen valor claims.

http://www.conservativehq.com/article/29863-snopes-veers-far-left-smears-tennessee-star-and-promotes-bizarre-conspiracy-theory
MontereyJack

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 03:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Sopeds is where it always has been, chewhen people begin to think breitbart and infowars and suchlike are true, they have left their senses.ckin g facts and date. It's not their fault that the right has moved WAY farther right and sees conspiracy theories everywhere. The right seems particularly [rone to email chgains posting and reposting the same crud, to the point where its multipile apearnces begin to seem familiar and truthy. They aren't.
MontereyJack

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 03:51 pm
@oralloy,
your childish claim that you're in touch with reality is the true low poiknt here.