monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 09:32 am
@MontereyJack,
When you abuse the law to persecute innocent people, that's a witch hunt.
MontereyJack

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 09:40 am
@oralloy,
When you use the law to prosecute guilty slimeballs, that's justice.
oralloy

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 09:41 am
@MontereyJack,
You are abusing the law to persecute innocent people.
gungasnake

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 10:17 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

Quote:
@MontereyJack,
You are abusing the law to persecute innocent people.

We need to get rid of this "adversarial" system of justice altogether along with anything resembling a career or money incentive to simply put people in prison, and adopt what France calls an "inquisitorial" system of justice in which the common incentive of all government agencies and parties is a determination of facts.

The main thing you could accuse Hitler and the Germann Nazis of was turning the power of an armed state loose on innocent and helpless people, and that is basically what Mueller and others like him do. We've seen a number of examples of this in recent years. The job of DA should not exist. It involves huge powers and vanishingly near nothing in the way of accountability and is a natural magnet for psychoppaths.
neptuneblue

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 10:27 am
@gungasnake,
Really....

Comparing German Nazi atrocities to a republican-led American investigation shows you don't know history as much as you think you do. These "innocent and helpless" people lied and got caught lying. To think you'd equate that to genocide is just very outrageous.
oralloy

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 10:48 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
These "innocent and helpless" people lied and got caught lying.
Wrong. Scooter Libby never lied or did anything wrong.

And the idea that it was illegal for Trump to pay that slut to keep quiet about his sex life is preposterous.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 10:57 am
https://thelibertydaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Hillary-Email-Scandal-Cartoon-1024x704.jpeg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 10:57 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

We need to get rid of this "adversarial" system of justice altogether along with anything resembling a career or money incentive to simply put people in prison, and adopt what France calls an "inquisitorial" system of justice in which the common incentive of all government agencies and parties is a determination of facts.
That's not what the procédure inquisitoire is about in France.
Besides that, the purpose of the inquisitorial system is to seek a guilty party at all costs, which can harm the rights of the defence. In addition, as this procedure can lead to errors, it leads to lengthy investigations and trials.
It's not used a lot in France (In 22,321 cases out 1,180, 949 in the year 2017) Source
gungasnake

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 11:13 am
@neptuneblue,
As I mentioned, the problem is substantially larger than just this present witch hunt. Mueller in particular has cost taxpayers large sums of money to indemnify victims of his characteristic practices in previous cases. There was the case of Mike Nifong and that hideous Duke lacrosse case; there was that lunatic prosecutor in Fla who tried to prosecute George Zimmerman for an obvious case of self defense; there was the bullshit prosecution of Patricia Hearst; there were Janet Reno's horrible witch hunts involving crimes that never took place (Grant Snowden case, Bobby Fijnje case, Frank and Ileana Fuster case); the McMartin daycare case in LA; the case in Mass. of Martha Coakley prosecuting members of the Amirault family, and the list goes on.

Again, our present system of justice invites that kind of bullshit and should be jettisoned.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 11:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisitorial_system

Quote:

An inquisitorial system is a legal system where the court or a part of the court is actively involved in investigating the facts of the case, as opposed to an adversarial system where the role of the court is primarily that of an impartial referee between the prosecution and the defense. Inquisitorial systems are used primarily in countries with civil legal systems as opposed to common law systems. Countries using common law, including the United States, may use an inquisitorial system for summary hearings in the case of misdemeanors such as minor traffic violations. The distinction between an adversarial and inquisitorial system is theoretically unrelated to the distinction between a civil legal and common law system. Some legal scholars consider inquisitorial misleading, and prefer the word nonadversarial.[1] The function is often vested in the office of the public procurator, as in China, Japan, Germany, and Scotland.

One way or another, what I am advocating is the elimination of prosecutorial jobs with career and/or monetary incentives for convicting people of crimes.

neptuneblue

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 11:59 am
@gungasnake,
Again, comparing anything to Nazi atrocities is outrageous.
izzythepush

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 12:11 pm
@neptuneblue,
What about the genocides in Rwanda or the Srebrenica Massacre? I think the comparison is justified in cases like that.
coldjoint

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 12:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What about the genocides in Rwanda or the Srebrenica Massacre?

Yep, they are right up there with the 5 to 6,000 girls groomed and gang raped in the UK. The British Gestapo covered them up for years.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 12:35 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Again, comparing anything to Nazi atrocities is outrageous.

Sorry, but I don't really see that much difference.

The Janet Reno cases, the case of Ileana Fuster...

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/fuster/interviews/ileana.html

Quote:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/fuster/art/florespq.gif

Did your lawyer believe you?

Yes, he did. He said he did, "Because," he said, "Otherwise I wouldn't be here." And I said, "Why don't you tell the judge?" I used to say that. "Why don't you tell the judge that I'm innocent? Why are they keeping me here? I mean, I'm not a criminal. I've never done these things. I've never hurt anyone." And he'd say, "Oh, because obviously something happened, because the kids are saying. And maybe you just don't know it yet." That's when I started like, "What do you mean I don't know it yet?" "Maybe you have a psychological problem. You need help."

Then I started -- I mean, investigators used to come and see from the state a lot. Then I was getting depressed, because time was going by and I was still there and I was feeling helpless. Then they started getting rough with me.

Rough how?

They were no longer coming to ask questions. They would pull me out of my cell in the middle of the night and take me out to restaurants.

Who would do this?

State investigators. You know, I still remember one of them. It was a lady. And I remember her name, I'll never forget her name.

What was her name?

Her last name was Arroyo, Arroyo, because she spoke Spanish. I can vividly remember her, because she was the one like in charge of me or something, because she would take me out. She would tell me all the awful things that will happen to me if I didn't tell them the truth.

Like what? What would she say?

She would say, like, "You're going to spend the rest of your life in that little cell." Or, "You're probably going to get killed if they put you with somebody else, because that happens." And I would say, "But I am innocent." And they'd say, "Well, it doesn't matter." And I'm like, "Why does not matter? I am innocent." Then they will change the conversation and they will talk about something else, about the weather, about the food, about what I like. And I'm like, "Why am I in this restaurant? Why can't you just let me go if you believe in me?" "No, because we want to show you what you're going to miss. You're not going to see this again."...

What was your cell like? Were you there alone?

I was there alone in a very small cell with a bed and a toilet. But the thing is that they would switch me from cell to cell. There was this other cell -- I'll never forget. It was called 3A1. I never forget that, because most of the people that were there, it was like a big room with little cells next to each other. And most of the people -- well, all the people that were there were suicide or suicide watch or they were crazy. Everybody was naked.

Naked?

Yes.

You were naked?

I was naked. Yes.

For how long?

They switched me back and forth. They keep me there for a week. I lost track of time.

So you would go into this cell 3A1. They would have you strip first?

They had me there for a long time.

And you would spend hours, days -- what?

Days.

In the cell alone, naked?

Alone, naked, cold. That's when I began to feel they were getting hard on me. They would give me cold showers. Two people will hold me, run me under cold water, and then throw me back in the cell naked with nothing, just a bare floor. And I used to be cold, real cold. I would have my periods and they would just wash me and throw me back in the cell. And they would tell me if I don't do what they say, that was going to be my life for the rest of my life.

I started breaking down, crying, depressed. They started giving me medications every night to sleep. They were very, very strong. They were these very little green pills. ...

Who was Dr. Michael Rappaport? And there was also a woman named Merry Sue Haber. Who were they?

They were psychiatrists that work for Mr. Von Zamft. And they were there to help me.

They were there to help you. Is that how Mr. Von Zamft--

"Help me remember," that's what Mr. Von Zamft said. "To help me remember." I said, "Remember what?" I remember them telling me, "Ileana, you have a real bad psychological problem. You [can't remember] something that happened to you." And I'll be like, "No, nothing has happened to me." "Yes, it has."

Then all these suicide watch cells would increase, and I would see them a lot. And they will tell me the stories the children were saying.

What sort of stories? What were they wanting you to acknowledge?

They were telling me about the children's saying that we used to play games with them, that I would take their clothes off, or Frank. I said, "Well, that didn't happen." They say, "No, but the children say it, that means it's true. And if it's true, that means something is wrong with your mind. You probably blocked it off. You know, who knows what happened to you in that house?" ...

They would tell me this story and, "Do you remember?" I'd say, "No." They would make me repeat and repeat it. They would tell me over and over on tapes the stories of what would happen. "And people out there don't like you." And this and that. And it was like, "But, that cannot be true."...

After a while, I was dreaming this stuff. I was having bad dreams about the things they were telling me. So they would ask me, "Did you have a dream? Did you have a dream last night?" And I'd be, "Yes, I did." "What did you dream?" "Well, you know, you were right, I'd dream this and that."

And they would say, "You see, you remember through your dreams. And you have to tell the court." They made me lie on stand. I took a lie detector test. And I don't know if I passed them or not, but I was trying to tell the truth, and they were getting me confused. ...

Did [the prosecutors] ever come visit you in jail?

Then I started getting visits from Janet Reno.

From Janet Reno herself?

Yes, herself. She used to come to see me to the jail. But at nights.

Tell me about those visits. Tell me about what those visits were like.

The first visit I got, I didn't really know who she was. And Dr. Rappaport would tell me the next day. Because first visit, she was like, "Hi, how are you? I'm Janet Reno, the State Attorney." And I would tell her, "I am innocent." And she said, "I'm sorry, but you are not. You're going to have to help us." ...

I'd been in jail already a year or so; I'm not sure. I wanted her to help me. But I was afraid of her after she told me -- she was very clear -- if I didn't help, she was going to make sure I was never going to get out of there.

And you got other visits from her?

Yes.

Several, two, three [visits]? A bunch?

Several.

And what were these subsequent visits like, Ileana?

To remind me I was going to be there for the rest of my life if I didn't help them. ...

And you finally decided that you would say these things they wanted you to say?

I was starting to dream about them, and I started doubting my own self. You know, did this really happen, or it didn't? Am I going to spend the rest of my life in prison? What is going on? I was so confused, and for many years after that. You have no idea of the life I've lived trying to find my own self.......

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 01:50 pm
More Russian dirty dealings.

Quote:
Russian investigators have charged US investor Michael Calvey with large-scale fraud, in a case that has further strained ties between the two nations.

Mr Calvey, the founder of the Baring Vostok investment fund, is suspected of embezzling 2.5bn roubles ($38m; £29m) from a Russian bank.

Mr Calvey, who was held last week with five other suspects, denies this.

The US embassy in Moscow said Russia was denying US diplomats access to Mr Calvey, seven days after his arrest.

"Under the bilateral consular convention, Russia is obliged to provide consular access within four days," the embassy said in a tweet (in Russian).

"We insist on an immediate access," it added.

Mr Calvey says that charges against him are being used as an instrument in a commercial dispute between Baring Vostok and Russia's Vostochny bank.

In an unusual move, Russia's business ombudsman Boris Titov has questioned the legality of Mr Calvey's arrest.

Meanwhile, several prominent Russian businessmen have warned that the high-profile case could raise concerns among foreign investors about the business climate in Russia.

On Thursday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov admitted that Mr Calvey's case was "at the centre of rather lively political discussions".

Relations between the US and Russia have been strained over a number of issues, including a major arms control treaty and Russia's occupation of Ukraine's Crimea peninsula in 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47323131
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 01:52 pm
Quote:
The Greatest Scandal In the History of Science

Quote:

For those new to this topic, the Greatest Scientific Fraud Of All Time is the systematic downward adjustment of early-year temperatures in order to create a fake enhanced warming trend, the better to bamboozle voters and politicians to go along with extreme measures to try to avert the impending “climate crisis.”
The latest news comes out of Australia, via the website of Joanne Nova. Nova’s February 17 post is titled “History keeps getting colder — ACORN2 raises Australia’s warming rate by over 20%.” “ACORN2” is a newly revised and updated temperature series for Australia, with temperatures going back to 1910 based on records from 112 weather stations on the continent, some 57 of which have records that go back all the way to the 1910 start date…. The ACORN2 data compilation is so called to distinguish it from ACORN1, which was only released some 7 years ago in 2012.
Once again we find that the oldest thermometers were apparently reading artificially high, even though many were newish in 1910 and placed in approved Stevenson screens. This is also despite the additional urban warming effect of a population that grew 400% since then. What are the odds?! … The new ACORN version has nearly doubled the rate of warming in the minima of the longest running stations.

This simple bar chart shows how the Australian government’s “adjustments” have artificially inflated the warming trend:

The science is a calculated lie.
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/02/the-greatest-scandal-in-the-history-of-science.php
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 01:54 pm
Quote:
Or a Nazi for that matter.

The UK is run by Nazis. They arrest people for posts on social media and they censor the news.
coldjoint

Thu 21 Feb, 2019 02:52 pm
Quote:

CAIR rallies to the defense of ISIS bride who wants to come back to USA

CAIR is a terrorist linked organization that claims Islam has nothing to do with terror. They are saying it is not Islam that inspired her. That she was brainwashed by anything or anyone else than Islam is ridiculous.

Time to quote some Islamic verses in these interviews and get some answers. They will have them. Let people decide who is lying, them or Muhammad.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/cair-rallies-defense-isis-bride-wants-come-back-usa/
0 Replies